• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Decided to finally give B2 a proper go so I can form a proper "I don't like this game" opinion. I've been avoiding the grind so everybody is super underlevelled. Just beat Elesa with one Pokemon still left alive. Still not enjoying this game. The story is rubbish, IMHO. Every so often Team Plasma, who apparently decided to forgo the knight gear for some sort of weird ninja-army suit hybrid, shows up, gloat that they stole a bunch of Pokemon two years ago (but apparently not anytime recently so why do I care??), Hugh gets all huffy and yells at them, we beat them up for reasons (thanks for dragging me into this random fight, Hugh), and then they leave for another like two hours so I forget they even exist.

Kinda floundering around now with no real sense of direction. While I like not having my hand held (*cough* Sun/Moon *cough*), I also like having a goal beyond "hey, having 8 badges is a thing, go do that," which I don't have in this game. Since all of my Pokemon minus one was like ten levels below Elesa's Pokemon I might have to give into the grind for a bit. Yuck.

I've been playing Animal Crossing and Super Mario Maker a lot more than usual lately. It's just easier to pick up things like that in college when you can pretty much quit any time you want and don't really have a set goal or story to adhere to.

Other than that, I'm partway through my first run of Chrono Trigger but haven't had the time to go back to it yet.

Story of Seasons Trio of Towns - Finished all the Tip lists and got the second set of credits to roll! This unlocked the cellar and all the animals but the one I wanted. Very next day at the animal festival my chicken Eggs placed first and raised the egg brand rank to Gold!

It's just easier to pick up things like that in college when you can pretty much quit any time you want
Replace "college" with "work" and that's precisely one of the advantages I'm having with Super Mario Maker 3DS.

Animal Crossing New Leaf, only about 2 weeks away from fully upgrading my town's shop. I've also found a place on line to do ingame trades and other things.

Died a few times in Breath of the Wild (death count: 6 ... I think?) but we otherwise made it to Zora's domain.

First I forgot I had that iron sledgehammer equipped when it started thundering. *ZOT*
Second, randomly died to a few electric Keese hanging out under an outcropping ... because I hadn't re-equipped a melee weapon after the previous one broke.
Third, failed to recognize a Lizalfos camp I was approaching and got zapped pretty hard by one of their electric attacks (then finished off).

Otherwise, the trip up was actually not that hard. We didn't entirely stay on the path, but ... this is open-world Zelda, WHAT path? That's kind of the whole point, y'know?

On a sidenote, I haven't been able to find my copy of MH4U in weeks. I like MHGen a lot, sure enough, but I actually preferred switching back and forth between the two.

Last edited:
Megaman ZX Advent: Totally finished Grey's story, considering staying up again with Ashe, but just as much considering stopping the game for a while and playing Ashe later. Either way I was weirdly surprised when the final boss's second form was actually considerably harder than the first... It was just weird.

I finished Persona 3 FES, so now I'm switching it up and Playing some Metal Gear: Rising Revengeance! After that I think I'll play Tales of Symphonia Chronicles.

Megaman ZX Advent: Totally finished Grey's story, considering staying up again with Ashe, but just as much considering stopping the game for a while and playing Ashe later. Either way I was weirdly surprised when the final boss's second form was actually considerably harder than the first... It was just weird.

This may be blasphemous for me saying this, but Mega Man ZX Advent is my favorite platformer Mega Man. I like it more than any of the classic, X or Zero games :O

We beat the 'water temple' of Breath of the Wild -- a.k.a. Divine Beast Vah Ruta.

It was interesting. Very, very different from what you normally expect in a Zelda dungeon. That is, it was very compact but it used the space well. There was also a boss battle at the end, not entirely unexpected but it did not disappoint (even though I got killed several times).

Yakuza 0 - Finished another chapter with Goro and maxed out a friendship with him. Gonna do a few more side quests before meeting up with the call girl main story quest.

Breath of the Wild, but for the Wii U since I am not quite at a point where I want to buy the Switch yet (I will one day). For now, I want to play this game so damn bad! Unless the world is ending, I don't want to be bothered while playing this game.

I decided to drop Advent for a little and play Ashe's story some other time, now I'm back to playing:
Final Fantasy III: current party:
Luneth: lvl 24 dragoon
Arc: lvl 23 white mage
Refia: lvl 24 red mage
Ingus: lvl 24 knight

Just saved the old weirdos in the amur sewers and an moving deeper in.

A Little Lily Princess (I went through all the routes except Lavinia's)
Tales of Zestiria (Finally gonna take on Kittybeard!)
Tales of Symphonia (Managed to beat the Tower of Mana's boss)
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (Still trying to activate Yuzuki's orange love event)

After Zora's domain in Breath of the Wild, decided to cut south to Haneto Village. It was a good trek, found a few shrines along the way, and we made it. Unfortunately the weather kept trying to rain when we were trying to light that forge for the scientist. But we did get the final rune for the Shiekah slate, and it is ... camera? Okay.

Yakuza 0 - On either chapter 6 or 7? I'm back to controlling Goro and I need to go find the guy I let get shot three times. Hopefully he is still alive.

World of Final Fantasy (PS4) - Started this back up mostly to get the free DLC but I ended up working on the post post game stuff a bit.

Attempting to return to Kakariko from Hateno Village in Breath of the Wild didn't exactly go as planned. We went deep into southeastern Hyrule, then southern Hyrule. We completed a half-dozen shrines, found two Shiekah towers, took photos of basically everything (and maybe photos should be added to the Compendium before the game asks you if you want to save/delete it), and got pretty lost in the process.

Highlights:
- No new deaths
- Met our first Rito (Kass the wandering birdbard, I believe his name was)
- Saw that large dragon Farosh flying around majestically (you can photo this thing even from a mile away)
- Arrived at Lakeview Stables

After activating the Faron Shiekah tower, we decided to simply warp back to Kakariko.

Back
Top Bottom