• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe - the latest free to play 3DS game...

It almost feels like Pokemon Rumble World in terms of microtransactions. Which means I probably won't make it to the end, as I never pay anything for games like this.

About half-way through the fourth palace in Persona 5 and played a little bit of Pokemon Platinum.

Last night we followed the plot line from Gerudo Town looking for the Thunder Helm and ... oh, hey, Yiga clan hideout already? Then what was that visible-from-map thing down in the southeastern border of the desert?

Anyway, 2nd divine beast is down. Got all the chests in the dungeon (save one, I already have such a bow) and beat the boss after quite several tries. I kinda wish the camera would shake a little bit because unlike Vah Rutah which was just standing in the water, Vah Naboris is actually walking around.

Oh, and that large structure near the desert border turned out to be a labyrinth leading to a shrine. Okay.

Breath of the Wild - had to revisit a lot of areas recently, since I'd somehow managed to use more than 90 stamps marking places of interest. Decided to do this on foot and poke around anywhere that looked unfamiliar along the way. Found a fair few Korok seeds that way, all down through Faron as far as Laurelin Village, back up through Akkala via Zora's Domain, then doubling back to hunt around the eastern side of Death Mountain

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance: Finished The Grid and the Return to Traverse Town. My God the Spellican was horrible. Wargoyle is just as bad now as it was before. The horde of Cerra Terrors was annoying too, but I made it through eventually. Now, onto the Country of the Musketeers!

Running around Morrowind. Finally joined the Legion (you can only join in one middle-of-nowhere town). I had to go there for a quest and the Pilgrimage of the Seven Graces nonsense that you need to do in order to properly join the Temple so I grumbled and finally took the silt strider up there.

Next up is collecting Legion quests from the other Legion outposts which wouldn't let you join before cause they're jerks, and have to chase a holy lady out of town cause she's got HERPES or LEPROSY or whatever (well, I guess since Corprus turns you into a zombie she's actually got the T-Virus ^<__<^;; ). I also have to hunt down some dudes that I have to assassinate for the Morag Tong and then hunt down some Camonna Tong dipshit who's harassing a nice Khajiit Thieves Guild kitty-lady.

I've been measuring out my amount of random "ooh look a new place" so that I don't get distracted from actually finishing the game this time. I raided 2-3 tombs (including one that had a quest item that I ended up needing later anyway) and some random bandit cave and that's about it so far. I'm still under lv 10 so I'm kind of underlevelled for all the random crap I'm doing but hey, that's what healing potions are for, yeah?

So, after wrapping up a few sidequests in and around Gerudo Town and the desert (it felt fun to figure out the seven statues shrine puzzle without any assistance, btw) we headed north (via now-abandoned Yiga Clan Hideout) into uncharted territory. (Oh, but we did beat a Molduga out near the Southern Oasis, and it actually wasn't very hard to do either.) Melted a huge chunk of ice to reveal a shrine, then surfed down the hill and started traveling. We checked in to the stable near Tabantha Bridge. Vah Medoh is clearly visible not far from here and the region looks like a nice place to be checking out next.

Fantasy Life: I've mostly been doing sidequests for people. I also became a hero alchemist, the first life I reached the hero rank in! I still need to finish the main story though, lol.

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon: I'm on Chapter 15. It's pretty fun so far! The save points within the maps are really nice. Merric is my favorite so far. :D Caeda and Minerva are also pretty cool.

Final Fantasy 5:
I got to the part where the two worlds merge and then Exdeath returns (... because he disguised himself as a splinter o_O) and starts taking control of the void.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance: Country of the Musketeerss cleared, and the final spirit for each character has been added the team. A Zolephant named Fred (at the suggestion of my grandmother) for Sora, and a Hebby Repp named Georg (at the suggestion of Enzap) for Riku. Next up is the Symphony of Sorcery.

The last few days have seen much progress in Breath of the Wild.

First, after wrapping up a few sidequests in Gerudo Town...
We adventured north and found the map tower for the Tabantha region. Surrounded in evil purple stuff, plus we were out of arrows (again) and attempting to toss a weapon at the nearby control eye missed. I am SO not fetching that spear. However, I did know the nearby Lizalfos encampment had a green scout, so we went on a bombing run and got the needed arrows off him. We also found the local Great Fairy fountain ... and I should probably go back and tell the guy at the stables that I actually did give his 500 Rupees to the fairy.
And I figured that Rito Village had to be somewhere around where Vah Medoh was circling, so...
We trekked to that conspicuous rock spire surrounded by lake, and -- hey, it's Rito Village! Did I mention I absolutely love the new art design for the Rito. Anyway, we sold some gems and loaded up on cold-resistant Rito gear. Followed the plot loosely, and soon we were boarded on Vah Medoh and time to crawl the dungeon.
Is it me or was that dungeon and boss relatively easy? Anyway, after that...
We got thoroughly lost in the Hebra region climbing those mountains. Found a few shrines, beat up a robot in a Major Test of Strength, but it did kind of leave us without any shields and out of arrows (again!). After that, we wound up along the canyon near Tabantha Bridge and eventually descended into it, located a shrine, then followed the floor because the walls didn't look very climbable.
At that point we found a nice landmark and decided to explore it....
The Forgotten Temple.

Lost yet another shield to a Guardian Laser blast, but I really wanted to see what was hiding in this temple. Cue a very tense and relatively stealthy crawl through the first chamber. When we reach the second chamber I can see it's a wide open space with at least four functional Guardians to shoot us (did I say four? I meant "on each side") and only one trench to hide in for safety. But it turns out that in the war of arrow versus laser the low ground wins, because I was able to arc shots to snipe the two Guardians on the highest columns and they couldn't do anything about it. From the top of the higher column I could survey the area, but out of arrows and options I decided to just make a mad YOLO dash through the open area and we made it! Shrine rewarded us, we added a few upgrades at the freakin' huge goddess statue, and found a Korok before teleporting out.
That was definitely an experience...
Outside, we spotted the nearest Shiekah tower (or as I call it, "map tower"), was able to glide almost 2/3 of the way to it from the tallest peak in Hebra, thawed some of the ice blocking it and now we have the northwest corner all mapped out. And I can spot at least three shrines and two stables from here....

Persona 5 - finished 4th dungeon and now I'm just waiting to hit the deadline. Finally got the contract with Iwai and the shogi girl. Need proficiency master to go farther with Yusuke.

Crusader Kings 2. I had to watch 45 minutes of Youtube tutorials, to have an idea of how to play.

Breath of the Wild: Still hunting around in nooks that I've apparently run past multiple times before now - and still finding things of interest in them. Found my way into Hyrule Castle again - so much easier with a full set of Zora Armour - looking for cookbooks, and found the King's Study instead

Back
Top Bottom