• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Space Empires V: The Sithrak simply won't give in, which means all the warships on the Butukret station are staying put. I'm contemplating bringing a couple of battleships into service, but I honestly don't know whether it's really worth it right now

Decided to start a new game of Animal Crossing City Folk on my Wii U. I also played some Mario Kart Wii, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Adventure.

Monster Hunter Stories - Scanned in all of my amiibos and got a crap ton of items. Now Im doing so random side quests.

Kamiko (Switch) - Beat the game the other day with Yamato. Now I'm going through it a second time with Hinome. Her mirror weapon is awesome for strong enemies, not so much for bosses unfortunately. I'm at the final boss now. I'll go through it a third time with Uzume once I cleared that. This game has been really superb, just as the reviews said. Glad I got it.

Tales of Zestiria: Completed the Iris Gem quests for the child bandits, the child pickpockets (lot of child based side quests here), gathering Peacock Feathers, and restoring the blessing to Gododdin (and my god was that one fun to figure out). Once I finished off those I moved on to the third trial, the Trial of Earth. This one was considerably less infuriating than the Water Trial, which means that we've gotten the Spiritual Power of Earth, and we also unlocked Earth Armatus' Mystic Arte. Next up: The Trial of Wind.

Demo of Project Octopath Traveler (thankfully just a working title, final title unknown yet)

At first the battle system appears too easy - a "boost" meter charges at the rate of 1 unit per turn and you can spend these to boost your actions (standard attack multiple times in one turn, power up an ability, etc.), plus when you use something an enemy is weak to and break their Guard they get stunned and lose 1-2 turns (current if applicable, plus next). But the first actual boss battle makes up for it in a big way.
At this point in the early-game zone most enemies have only 1 unit of Guard, i.e. can be Stunned with a single hit from anything they're weak to. But a few stronger-tier enemies have 2 units of Guard -- i.e. requires two hits to Stun -- and the first boss has SIX units of Guard before you can stun him. Plus, it seems that the boost meter will be shared across the whole party, unlike in Bravely Default where each character had individual BP. So once you get a party of 2-3 members you can't get away with just spamming Boost attacks all the time like you can when fighting solo. And the enemies do have HP feeling appropriate given the surprising amounts of damage you can dish out even this early; dev team knows what they're doing...)
Plus, this game looks absolutely GORGEOUS, simultaneously retro and modern.

Tales of Zestiria: The Trial of Wind has been successfully cleared, and so the Wind Armatus now has access to its Mystic Arte. This makes all 4 spiritual powers, and apparently next up is going back to Glaivend Basin to try and find Heldalf (the funny part is that I found him over by some ruins, so I don't know what they're trying to get me to do here). Naturally though, the basin can wait for me to finish all of the new Iris Gem quests, and I found out that there's actually boss hellions and normins at the end of all these ruins I've been ignoring, so I'm clearing out all of them before I move on too. I think I'm gonna cross the Great Camelot Bridge, and just sweep the continent back towards Ladylake and clear things out as I find 'em.

Pirate theme for Bulbatrade this week, so I need to breed Dhelmise. Much fun!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - I finally completed every collection in my Museum!

Also still working on the Mega Man legacy collection. I just finished Mega Man 5. Just the 6th game remains.

Tales of Zestiria: Cleared out the ruins by the Trial of Earth, and successfully crossed the Great Camelot Bridge (and now I have to go back the the f*cking ruins in Westronbolt Gorge to find Mayvin, I mean wtf guys?). That's uhh, really it for now. Oh wait, there's more:
Here's the fun part, you remember how I said I bumped into Heldalf (as in, the guy who's the final boss) down by the ruins? Well, I decided "you know what? Imma fight 'im". So I did. My strategy was to use the Water Armatus to just shoot him from a distance (plus the bonus of it having the fastest healing Arte). I fully expected him to absolutely curb-stomp us, but, after about 20 minutes of fighting, healing (only using Artes btw, no items), and using the CPU party members as meat shields, I won. Yes, I actually beat the final boss of the game, 27 levels lower than he was, in a casual field encounter. Now, even after this, I was expecting him to just laugh, insult us for being so weak, and leave. But no, this was a full on killing of the final boss. I even got the ending cutscene and everything! Now, I reset the game and just ignored him after that, since there's still a ton of stuff to do (like the rest of the game's actual storyline), but it's cool to be able to say "I did this."

Splatoon 2 - I love it even more then the first game! Up to level 4 right now.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Trying to get a little practice in before my niece visits this weekend. She picks up on games fast so I have a feeling she's going to destroy me. xD

Mary Skelter - Really just started this one up so Im not far at all.

Stardew Valley - Got the mine cart back up and running and have a deluxe coop being built. I just need a Yam and to more animal products and Ive got another community room finished.

Space Empires V: Just tested out a couple of battleship designs - unfortunately my idea for the Phoenix-class doesn't really work against its opposite number in the Ludendorff MkIII. Strangely the Condor-class takes it apart pretty handily, although it's become clear that the broadside guns aren't powerful enough

Fire Emblem Fates- Birthright, Legend of Zelda- A Link Between Worlds

Back
Top Bottom