• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch) - By some sort of miracle, I achieved Z-Rank on the God advancement class, even though I'm pretty sure I was doing badly at it. Also did a bit more of the story.

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters - Progressing with the story. I got to San Fantastico and saved Mermaidyn. One more Classic Yo-Kai left to save. I'd like to add them to my team, but I've got a fairly decent team combination that I don't really want to break up now. Also managed to befriend Flushback, who is needed for a story quest later on, so I'm glad that part is done and over with.

I'm still doing some grinding on MH4U from time to time. G2 Stygian and Brachy must go down, I am absolutely certain it's one of the required quests for getting the next urgent. In the meantime, I go on Expeditions, do lesser hunts, upgrade my gear, etc. Y'know, the usual stuff. The last G-rank expedition I took was primarily against a Yian Garuga (got the tail!), but I also got a Ruby Basarios and a Seregios.

Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns I just started playing so I'm foraging and exploring. I started as a guy because I loved the overalls.

Fire Emblem Fates- Birthright/ Conquest, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch) - Well that was really misleading. I'm at the final portion of the story and got to the part where I'm supposed to learn an Awoken Skill. This NPC told me, and very vaguely, what to do next by doing an assortment of Parallel Quests and Expert Missions. So for the better part of two hours I've been doing those quests, having no clue that I was actually supposed to go to the Saiyamen to learn Power Pole Pro. Now I got it.

At least I got some extra skills and accessories from all those mundane quests, so it's not a complete loss...

Stardew Valley (PC) - Well I got a pig and finally completed the bulletin board in the community center. Now I just need to work on the fish tank which is gonna suck. Got my house the final upgrade and I guess Ill be having a kid soon.

Cyberdimension Neptunia (PS4) - Not super far in. A little disappointed the some of the VA's are super different in this one. Otherwise the game is set up like an SAO game just without all the freaking pointless fluff of SAO.

Finally unlocked the urgent to G3 in Monster Hunter 4U. We did finally take down the Stygian and Brachy combo, and had a pretty rough time with that rampaging Black Diablos. Now we've got to prepare for a battle with this "unusual" Gore Magala (it even has a different icon). Then again, considering how much different the Savage Deviljho was from the regular version (i.e. not much), I don't expect much to go wrong here. "Much."

The Superstar Saga remake. Just hit Woohoo Hooniversity and stopped for a bit because OH GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO MY 3DS HOME MENU

3dspresents.jpg
Yeah. Seeing new software was allegedly added and then that hot mess that when home menu buffering (well actually just pausing in middle of a battle), and then everything just being gone when exiting the game was...yeah. It all came back when I powered off and back on but all of my everything except Four Swords for some reason is a present again. No clue why, anyone had it happen before or know why?

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch) - I beat the storyline. So I guess I'm mostly done with the game now (as fun as online battles are, I won't be doing them as I'm self-conscious about my skills, or rather lack thereof). There's also still the Expert Missions and other quests left over, along with new instructors, so I'll probably be doing those. This game has been really fun. Glad I got it.

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters - I'm clocked at 14 hours now. Trying to befriend a Nekkidspeed for a side quest.

Fire Emblem Echoes- Shadows of Valentia. Currently on Celica's path, and just recruited the Pegasus Knights.

Well, I was a bit bored recently and decided to go back to Etrian Mystery Dungeon after not touching it for ages. As for what I was doing in that game, well, yesterday I bested the Equinox Garden, one of those dungeons that seem to be common in the Mystery Dungeon series that resets your level to 1 and doesn't let you bring items in... So today I decided to push my luck and tackle a dungeon I had a Mission to explore, the Phantom Depths, another such Lv.1/no items dungeon, expecting to finish it in about the same amount of time...

Though, as the one person who's played up to that point is probably aware, it is a much, much longer afair, which went from a fairly pleasent stoll through to a trial of endurence, resource management and how well my Protector could tank hits that would go from early morning to just after noon.

Eventually, however - after 60 floors - I was not expecting there to be a boss, and, despite the cool-looking areana where you fight it, I wasn't exactly pleased about it either, especially since my Runemaster (a.k.a. mage) and Medic were both running low on TP towards the end of the dungeon. And that particular boss happens to be rather tough - some of its attacks could almost OHKO my Protector, and they're (obviously) supposed to be the tanks.

But in the end... It didn't even matter After a few turns of about 30 damage per good hit, the thing managed to knock a couple of my party members' health into the red, forcing my Medic to use a party-wide heal... but as was scrolling through the list of said Medic's skills, I noticeed that one of them, Star Drop happened to be an offensive one that also inflicted Physical Defense Down. Now, I had tried to inflict the thing with other status effects but none of them had actually landed, so I was dubious if this one would... But, as you can probably guess by the way I went into detail about it, when I had the chance to use it, it did indeed land. Thus I proceeded to have my Landsknecht spam Swift Stab, a multi-hiting stab move, while my Protector and Medic also whacked the thing, in-between tanking hits and keeping the party alive, respectively, each of those hits doing just over 100 damage, a noticable improvement. (Oh, and my Runemaster was also there too, I guess.)

However, even that was not enough, and it was still kicking and my Medic was approaching 60 TP left (with their more advanced skills like party-wide heals and revival costing around 15 TP each), so I knew I had to finish the fight soon or face certian defeat. Thus, when next I had the chance, I used Star Drop again, hoping for another Phys. Def Down... And low and behold, I landed it again. Cue all-out assult on the thing to try and wear it down, and shotrly afterwards... The beast fell! Victory! Ah... I guess the moral of the story here is to never underestimate a combat Medic.

*Note: Events in that encounter may not have happened exactly in the order described, but something something dramatic effect something something creative lisence. :p

Last edited:
In Persona Q, I'm in the second dungeon. I'm gonna find out who my destined partner is! I already know it's gonna be Yukari (I'm going on record here so I can eat my words later when I get Junpei).

In Persona 3 Portable, I can't remember what I'm doing. That's alright, I'm just playing P3P as a sort of comfort food. I'm always gonna have a play-through of Persona 3 going on.

In Persona 5, I'm playing one in-game day for every real-world day, so I'm in mid-October, of course. As anybody who's played Persona 5 knows...
Something real effed-up happens in October. It's a foregone conclusion to what the player already knows, but it was still pretty effective, and I'm glad Persona 5 isn't pulling its punches in any major way so far like Persona 4 did.

I haven't touched Nier: Automata since I got Ending A, need to rectify that soon.

In The Caligula Effect, I'm coming up on the boss of the third dungeon. I would be further in this game if I thought about playing it more often. Fun fact: save points let you fast-travel to the mid-point of the dungeon, but not the beginning where you can change your party members, or really do anything you can't do at any other point in the dungeon. What is even the point?

Finally, I started playing Xenogears. I've gotten frustrated a few times thanks to unclear instructions, but nothing too major, and it certainly doesn't outweigh the fun factor of playing what is basically Evangelion: The Video Game. I'm liking it so far, currently at "Operation Aveh". Anybody out there who's played this game, based on where I've gotten in two days, do you think I could beat this game by the end of the week?

Back
Top Bottom