• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Space Empires V: Operation Downspout is in position to begin the campaign next turn. Just in case I'm bringing the freighters Amanda and Sarah behind the main squadrons with new settlers to land on Lyrae VIII. In the meantime I'm going to have to more or less ignore the Dafumah's encroachment on my space, much as I would love to make a point about just who rules here.

The upside is that I've finally managed to convince the Ukra-Tal to hand over Ice Planet Colonisation, which gives me the ability to fully exploit my systems

Terraria: Spent hours smashing Shadow Orbs and fighting the Eater of Worlds because I was trying to get a Shadow Orb light pet, I must've killed that fucking worm like, 6-7 times, and I think I nearly exhausted the world's supply of Shadow Orbs. At least it scored me a ton of cash from all the muskets and Bands of Starpower I got. Naturally all of the worms I killed gave me plenty of Demonite and Shadow Scales for a Nightmare Pickaxe, Light's Bane, a full set of Shadow Armour, and plenty left to spare.
The destruction of Shadow Orbs also opened up the door for Goblins to invade, so guess what happened? Did you guess that Goblins invaded? If so, then you're right. Mopped 'em up easy with a Vilethorn and help from the NPCs (the Dye Trader's a beast with that sword of his). This allowed me to find the Goblin Tinkerer tied up underground, who then decided to move in with the Dryad. And thanks to him I'm finally able to combine accessories. So I combined my climbing claws and show spikes into the one set of Tiger Climbing Gear, and comboed a Band of Starpower with a Band of Regeneration, and then with a shackle to get so Magic Cuffs, which'll definitely help with the mage build I'm goin' for.
I also finally found some Gravitation Potions, so I checked out some floating islands, and found a Shiny Red Balloon and a Lucky Horseshoe. "Great!" I think "Now I can combo these with my Tsunami in a Bottle and be a jumping machine." But no. To make a Horseshoe Balloon, you first need to make an X in a Balloon. But guess what the only type of X in a Balloon is that doesn't exist. That's right, Tsunami in a Balloon. So now I've gotta find either a Cloud or Blizzard in a Bottle to make those.
I also ran into the Angler by the ocean, and I've been doing a few of his quests, already got a Fisherman's Pocket Guide, which is handy.
I also found the Tavernkeep, and built him "The Wobbly Hedgehog Inn" to run. I also did his Etherian Crystal event, got up to Wave 5, which I don't think is too bad.
And now I'm exploring the underground snow to try and find some ice skates, Flurry Boots, and a compass to combine a few of my accessories together.

Atelier Sophie (PS4) - I was reminded how I hadnt fully finished this one so I've been chipping away at it this weekend. I forgot to check what items I had equipped when I went out for materials so I left with no recovery items. -_-

Tales of Zestiria: Been doin' some more casual gear fusing, still working on the same gear as before, plus some Earrings of Radius for Sorey. Still haven't quite got the exact skills I want on most of them, but I think the Quartz Waistcoat I was working is done pretty well in terms of skills, now I just fuse more Quartz Waistcoats into it in ways that don't alter the installed skills.
Went and checked out Trizdole cave on reports of the "explorer poet Mayvin" told by an older seraph, but it turns out it was just an ancestor of our Mayvin with the same name. She's been dead for a couple centuries, but Seraphim have a habit of losing track of time, tends to happen when you're millennia old.
Also went and talked to Sergei, just chatting about the peace talks, but it unlocked Sorey's second Mystic, and he's fortunately already all set up to have enough BG to be able to use it.
Also, finally went and fought Eizen.
Emotional wreck. That story does not have a happy ending.

Been playing some more Etrian Odyssey V, and I must say, this first boss is probably my favourite I've encountered in the series thus far. As for why I think so...
Well, let me give you a general idea of the boss in question... it's a golem, a creature of animated stone, all that jazz. Though there is something rather interesting about this golem: it's not a singular golem - rather, it's a bunch of small Golems, each of them combining to form one larger one.

As for how the fight itself goes, well, I haven't gotten that far into it, but from what I've seen, they roll with this gimmick; the boss is still a boss, with a boss-sized health bar, but where things get really interesting is when, on turn one, it explodes, dealing massive damage to your party and scattering the Golems that were making up its head, arms and legs around the battlefield. Oh, and those Golems then start attacking your party the turn after (not that they're that strong), all while the body (the main bit you need to destroy, I assume) tries to gather the rest of the scattered Golems, re-forming its head, arms and legs, since it can't really do much on its own.

Oh, and the part that I really like: while they're attatched to the body, the head, arms and legs are rather durable, but when they're seperate they're pretty fradgile, and if a damaged Golem re-forms, then that limb will be just as damaged as the Golem was. In other words, this is a swarm boss donepretty darn well. I just hope the body doesn't revive on the brink of death, as EO Golems have be known to do...

Atelier Sophie (PS4) - Just messed around gathering ingredients and building my level. I'm about 12 away from being able to craft the item that continues the story.

Dengeki Bunko (Vita) - gone through about half the arcade stories which are all almost exactly the same thing. So I've just been skipping all the dialogue sine the third run through.

Booted up Cuphead last night for the first time in a bit (and it's been recently patched!). One more stage to complete with a P rank, A+ ranked another boss, and made a few more runs against King Dice. ALMOST HAD HIM! (We've also beaten all nine of the minibosses.)

I've been feeling a bit burned out, so I put FFX remaster on a short hold even though I'm so close to the end. In the meantime, I started World of Final Fantasy and I love it!

Space Empires V: Operation Downspout's going to have to be postponed until I can bring a minesweeper in - something of a nuisance but not entirely expected. The bigger worry is how many Sithrak ships have attacked Toobin - I'm beginning to wonder whether they've constructed another space yard. Either way I've ordered a strengthening of the defences.

Finally managed to get the Master Computer researched, so that's the first piece in place for a proper fleet. I'm beginning to lag behind my human opponent, so that's more incentive to get colony ships out there and settling the rest of my planets

Pokemon Ultra Sun: On the way to the 4th Trial
And Colress appears to have been contracted by the URS to do... Something. Could this game have Colress actually being plot relevant instead of just a pointless cameo? Seriously Colress, pal, I love ya, but why were you even there in SM?
Also got access to Poke Pelago, and I'm gonna transfer in a box or two from SM, probably the Alola Living Dex and/or the Sinnoh Living Dex, just to get enough 'mons to build up the Pelago.

Tales of Zestiria: Yet more casual gear fusion, one of the characters pretty much has all of their gear in a fusion chain, and I've hit my first equipment sanctification. So, now that I know what it actually does (empowers equipment at +10 or better, by changing the name in the process), I'll need to make very certain that the equipment has all the skills I want on it before I get it sanctified, because if not, it's gonna be a loooooong time before I can fuse anything else onto it.
I also finally made my way into Katz Korner, and it turns out that the main draw (aside from the high level gear shop and the ability to re-watch skits) is the bonus boss you can find in this area.
The Dark Turtlez.
Yes, that goofy turtle guy I've been running to all game to sell me stuff. He is a bonus boss. He fights by dual wielding fish. Yes. Fish. And it is all just as hilarious as it sounds.
Hilarious, but fuckin' deadly. Dude's attacks will chop off half of your health in a couple of hits. Add to that the AI releasing Armatization like an IDIOT! (Yes I know you'll get BG faster when you're not Armatized, but that's not gonna do ya much good if you die in 5 seconds now is it?!) And things are pretty tough. On the plus side all of his attacks are close range, so he's not *terribly* hard to dodge, but he's pretty quick and if you screw up once then boy are you in for it. Still haven't beat him yet, probably go back and fight him before/after Hexen Isle, depending on how tough Hexen Isle is.
So, there was another storyline event over at Rayfalke Spiritcrest.
Visiting Eizen's grave.
An emotional scene, which resulted in Edna unlocking her second Mystic Arte.
After that, popped back to kintsugi, had a conversation between Mickleo and Sorey, unlocking Mickleo's Second Mystic. I'm pretty sure the two have enough BG to be able to pull 'em off. I'm pretty sure I checked, but I'm not 100% positive right now. This just leaves Rose as the only character left to awaken her second Mystic Arte.
Anyway, after all that, it's time for the true post-game area. Hexen Isle. To my understanding it contains the final Malevolent Crucible, a Lord of the Land to locate, and 5 stages of bonus dungeon, which will result in a stronger Heldalf during the final battle if I beat them all. I haven't done anything there yet, but the fact that it uses the "Heavy Malevolence" field music, and the whole area opened with the characters going "Wow, this place is dangerous", implies a certain amount of challenge to this area.

Last edited:
I've been too preoccupied with a project to play Xenoblade 2, so lately I've been pouring more progress into Stardew Valley.

I'm currently in the middle of spring year 2. Upgraded my barn and coop since, and just bought the third expansion for the coop. Going for the last barn upgrade next. Also, my character is dating Maru now.

Back
Top Bottom