• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Space Empires V: Just starting the long job of replacing the listening posts with updated versions - it's logistics-heavy, but it has to be done. Otherwise consolidation is the name of the game, tidying away mines, colonising planets, and getting ready to start construction on ships

Pokémon Ultra Sun

20171210_062445_HDR-1.jpg

I also rather enjoyed the Team Skull confrontation at Big Wave Beach.

Another round of Cuphead today.
- A-ranked all World 1 bosses (+achievement get)
- P-ranked all Run & Gun stages (+achievement get) - Rugged Ridge was the last one remaining.
- Beat King Dice (+no-damage achievement get)

Last edited:
Xenoblade 2. I actually got the Special Edition, but for some insane reason they put SHIPPING LABELS ON THE GAME BOX, they gave me some money back but still what the heck?

Still haven't picked up Ultra Sun/Moon. Probably next paycheck.

Pokémon Ultra Sun

I encountered Smeargle, and as luck would have it, Rockruff was at the front of the party to "teach" him Happy Hour. The battle quickly became a war between my Drifloon spamming Constrict and the Smeargle spamming Happy Hour, which cracked my little brother up. By the time Smeargle was caught, I knew exactly what to name him: "Happy."

Final Fantasy V - Just decided to level up to the same level as the boss and stick to my current job class set up. Leveling helped but actually stocking up on items helps a tremendous amount as well. Now I've got three more jobs so I've switched things up a bit. Faris is now a ninja with the steal ability and Reina is a Summoner with Lvl 4 black magic. Had to redo that boss fight because I didn't heal and died in a random encounter right after. xP On the plus side because I had to redo the fight, I had to redo the castle run too. I missed all the chests the first time. Now I'm on my way to the Earth Crystal.

Xenoblade 2.
Booted up a little Metroid: Samus Returns. I like it! It's only my second Metroid game though behind the first Metroid Prime (I've dabbled with Super Metroid and the original Metroid II).
I hope you enjoy it! I haven't played Samus Returns yet, but I'd like to.

Space Empires V: I wish I'd done some scouting before sending the I-Series' off to fetch colonists. Now would have been a perfect time for a planetstrike on Lyrae I, but now it'll have to wait at least four turns. I can only hope the defences won't be strengthened in the interim.

In the meantime I've started construction on some new A-Series 21 general freighters. At the moment they're just as fast as their smaller 11 cousins, despite being built around a Medium hull. Either way I think I'll end up appreciating the extra heavy lifting when it comes to shifting goods to the border colonies

Still delving deep into the labyrinth that is Etrian Odyssey V, and I rather enjoyed my time in the 3rd Stratum, the boss being one of the highlights. The other one, obviously, being the fact that there's a quest entitled 'Spooky Scary Skeletons', that was also a big one. Seriously though, the 3rd Stratum was a pretty cool place, both in terms of the enemy designs, the general appearence of the area itself, the events you find 'round the place and it also had some pretty neet lore, that too. Oh, and the 4th Stratum was alright, the boss was a decent challange but nothing special.

Oh, and from what I've seen in the little snippet they let you walk around in before making you return to town, the 5th Stratum may just end up my favourite of the bunch from sheer looks alone.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U:
For the past few days, I've been playing a bunch of modes. I started out with random battles, then headed over to the solo modes to get some items and stuff. I've got a ton of custom specials, and I've even completed quite a few fighters' collections. I've also snagged some trophies.

I beat Nier: Automata, and as the credits rolled (for the fifth and last time :p), I was overwhelmed with a feeling that a game only gives me every once in a while; a sort of reverence at just how impactful video game stories are capable of being, and all it takes is the dev team treating video games seriously as an art form and having the talent to make a player-driven story that's still meaningful. Anyway, I liked it a lot.

Now I'm playing Undertale! Can't wait to be called "cancerous" for liking it so far!

Pokemon Ultra Sun: Beat Olivia's Grand Trial. Rio must've known she was gonna be a key player in the Trial, because she picked that exact moment to evolve. And let me tell you, a Lucario with High Jump Kick will obliterate this woman.

Tales of Zestiria: I wiped out the last two Mutant Hellions (that were actually possible to reach).
I went back to Ladylake for Rose's Second Mystic Arte episode:
I wound up having to fight against Rose and Zaveid on the bridge. They were tough, especially since Zaveid was somehow able to go backwards through his Matrial Arte combos, to keep me locked between High Strike and Constrictor, and the two of them were able to pull of some brutal stunlocking with each other, especially if you let them wedge you against the side of the bridge. After screwing up a couple of times I eventually identified Zaveid as the dangerous one, so I switched from the default target (Rose) to Zaveid to be able to focus the damage onto him more. I mean, I was still hitting them both most of the time (Mickleo/Water Armatus AOE & range attacks to the rescue!), but focusing on Zaveid let me take him out, so no-one could snipe me from a distance anymore, so Rose just fell like a domino.
So, after handling that, we unlocked Rose's Second Mystic Arte: Crown of Torment.
After that, I bought more Topaz Hats and finished off fusing a good one of those, and got it sanctified.
After handling that, I decided to try and fight Dark Turtlez again, and I got the little sucker this time! No real reward for it, just some glasses to put on characters, but it's still the satisfaction of takin' 'im down.
Next up was the 3rd Callix. The boss of this one was a dragon. It had a lot of health, and its attacks hit hard, but they were pathetically easy to dodge, interrupt, or otherwise just ignore. Since all of its attacks were Hidden Artes, you just had to cast some Seraphics and it could barely hurt you, and it definitely couldn't interrupt my attacks.

Last edited:
Don't mind me, just casually 100%-ing Kirby's Epic Yarn, no big deal.

...Seriously, it really isn't a big deal with how easy that game is. Though at least the later challenges proved a little difficult, but it was a fairly laid-back time, all considered.

Danganronpa 1.2 Reload
Playing the first game's School Mode to finish off the report cards and get the trophies that mode has. Mainly just leveling up everyone's cleaning and collecting skills now though.

and I stand by the first Danganronpa being much better than 2, and slightly better than V3

Back
Top Bottom