• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana. I'm currently at the beginning of Chapter 3, I've justed picked up the latest party member.
I love it. The scenery is nice to look at, and the music is as great as I hoped for a Ys game. The combat system is pretty fun too imo, but I haven't played a Ys game (Celceta) in so long that I'm having trouble with Flash Moves/Guards again :p

Okami (PS4) - Got the first two saplings revitalized. Been playing with my neice and shes super helpful. I keep getting distracted and missing important text. She however pays close attention and tells me what I missed. xD

Considering how badly my team got wrecked by the Fire Totem in Ultra Sun, I guess it's time to cool off with some of the base Sun postgame.

We caught both Xurkitrees, but man did that thing hit hard. We also beat Dexio and his Mega Alakazam (who was somehow STILL able to outspeed my Jolteon, despite grinding) and Type:Null finally got fed up with its helmet and broke out of it to become a shiny (okay, not 'shiny' shiny) new Silvally.

I did turn on the Exp.Share for that battle against Dexio - I usually keep it off, but I am willing to acknowledge a need for faster grinding every now and then.

Went back to Etrian Odyssey V, and I can confirm... that the 5th Stratum is pretty good. Not really sure if it's my favourite, it might be if there weren't so many instances of low frame rate, and the enemies there can be dastards sometimes, but other then that it's a pretty neat place. Also, one night there I had a mysterious encounter with the elusive Harvester, which is a pretty neat fight that I lost due to lack of TP, so that was pretty cool.

Oh, the boss kicked my arse a couple times, that wasn't that fun. Thus, I grinded up my entire roster to the current level cap with that one DLC quest and am going to Retire them and bring on a new batch of recruits for the extra Skill Points, then use that same quest to grind them up to about where I left off (because I was some challange at least (and to not feel like a total cheater)). So, that'll be... fun.

So, in Sun we made it to the Battle Tree. However, unlike some rivals, Blue was not kind enough to heal our battered team before wanting a duel, so with only two survivors we didn't stand a chance. But next time....

Terraria: Explored the underground desert to what I personally feel is a satisfactory degree, I made some fossil armour from the fossils I pulled from the extractinator. I'm not gonna use it, since throwing items, well, they suck. I might wear it for vanity every now and then, but really it's just there to fill out the armoury.
Next on the agenda was to fight Skeletron. I was right, the Bee Gun absolutely decimates this guy. Hell, I bet the Bee Gun decimates any pre-hardmode boss. Hell, depending on your gear and how well you fight, you might even be able to take down some hardmode bosses with this thing.
So, I took a little poke down in the dungeon, grabbed an alchemy table (very helpful), and a bewitching table, both of which will be handy. I only opened up one chest, since that was all the keys I got before I popped back. The contents were a cobalt shield, so when I went back home I combined it with my obsidian skull, so now I'm not bouncing around everywhere if I get hit by something. It'll be a long time before I can get enough immunity accessories to make up an Ankh shield though.

Super Mario 3D World: My brother booted it up for the first time after having it for god knows how long, so I picked up a Wii-mote and joined in. We're up to about halfway through the final world. It's not bad. The levels are fun and fairly challenging, and the cat-suit is definitely fun. Unfortunately aiming the fire and boomerang flowers is hell, and it's pretty damn hard to properly gauge your position in three dimensions. So I mean, it's good, but it's not the "omg best Mario game ever" I've seen it called.

Space Empires V: Nearly done with this war now. Melmac is now completely free of Sithrak forces, and Lyrae won't be far behind. I've started to scrap superfluous units along with a general upgrade and re-organisation of weapon platforms.

I'm thinking it might be better to wait for Contra-Terrene Engines before building ships. I don't think I need them that urgently and quite a few of my designs could potentially benefit from better engines

Super Mario 3D World:
So, turns out that World Castle wasn't the final world. I mean, I knew there'd be at least another level after fighting Bowser, because I'd seen the Meowser fight, but it turns out that there' a full nother world to go through. I gotta give them at least a little credit for expectation subversion, since World Castle definitely has that "final world" feel to it, so that's something.
Some of these levels are kinda brutal though (Underwater levels! You are the worst thing in Mario! Just leave!), we lost soooooooooooo many lives. I'd hate to see either one of us trying to go through some of these levels if we had to restart each time we died instead of just popping back in a bubble after a moment. I continue to blame how damn hard it is to gauge position in 3D, and the fucking totem pole mechanic! It's helpful every now and then, throwing each other for harder to reach places is handy, but it's hell if you're both trying to throw boomerangs or something, but you're too close so you pick them up, and accidentally throw them straight into a mob of Dry Bones. That tends to ruin your day.

Terraria: I've gone ahead and opened up some more chests in the Dungeon. Found a handgun, a Magic Missile, and a couple Muramasa, so that's just one Sword of Awesomeness away from making a Night's Edge. I also found a Tally Counter down there, so I was able to combine that with my radar and Lifeform Analyser to save up on some inventory slots. What's really great though is finding a Waterbolt. That combined with the Demon Scythe I got from a short little stint in the Underworld (rare drops ftw!), and the ever reliable Bee Gun, and I've got a niiiiiice weapon set-up goin' there.

Okami (PS4) - Fought the Spider Queen. Forgot how to do the fight so I got angry. I googled it and remembered how freaking easy it actually was. Beat her and then ran around trying to do everything in Agate Forest before moving on. Got to the next Guardian Sapling and did as much as I could in the new area and then headed to Kuso Village. Helped the Princess find the dogs hidden in the village and now I'm going to find the 3 hidden outside. Going to grab the one in Sasa Sanctuary last.

Space Empires V: One last planetstrike awaits, this time of Lyrae II. The Sithrak are ensconced in Remnorak and Wanduk, but given their dearth of resources, I think I shall ignore them and see if I can get them to sign an armistice.

I've slipped down to second place, behind the Drushocka Empire, which of course means everyone wants to be my friend again

Seiken Densetsu 3!!!!

This game has been a part of my life since 1998-99. It will never get old to me.

Animal Crossing- New Leaf. Getting ready for Toy Day, and my snowy town looks so pretty.

Back
Top Bottom