• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Okay, so now I finally beat springtron at level 7 as max brass. Time to put an end to dr coyle’s “research” and prove why ALL MIGHT is the commish and she’s just a wannabe. I’m going to need all the luck I can get for fighting hedlok’d dr coyle.

Super Mario 3D World: Finished the entirety of World Flower, and my money's on that if I want to play it again, I'll need to start it up myself, since my bro's not gonna boot it up. To be totally honest though, I'm not sure I really wanna go through all that just to access the last 3 levels. Gathering all green stars and all stamps is fair enough, but Jesus Christ man, hit the top of the flagpole in every single course? Are you insane? There are reasons we deliberately didn't try to hit high up on the pole in some levels. One great thing about beating the main game though? Rosalina. Rosalina is just a joy to use in this game. Honestly she fixes 90% of the problems with this game's controls. Jumping on enemies is stupidly hard in 3D? Rosalina's base form has a spin attack so you don't have to jump on anything. Unfortunately she looses the spin when she picks up a tier 2 item, but then you just need to avoid the flowers (since aiming those is also hell in 3D), since the suits have close range attacks anyway.

Oh wow, I did not know that. I'll have to boot up SM3DW again sometime. I'm still on World Star, myself.
You can use the spin attack by tapping the run button. Another little tip, use the spin in midair to get a little more air from your jumps.

Well, we beat Cuphead. That duel with the Devil took about half an hour.

All told, we died 387 times.

Castlevania: Judgment (Wii)
Fired up this game for the first time in years to occupy my brother's attention, so we played versus mode for about an hour. It's fun in short bursts, though I'd forgotten how lackluster the character roster is. Every playable character from Castlevania 3 was apparently necessary (personally, I think they should've ditched Sypha for a different female magician in the series for better coverage)... yet we don't get Soma, who starred in two games? Soma's not even my favorite Castlevania character, but c'mon, he would've been cool in this game using different soul powers to fight. Also, no Leon, the original and best Belmont, chronological-wise? What.

And why did they have the Death Note artist do the character art... They all look less recognizable as themselves and more like DN expies (hello Misa and younger Light... I-I mean, Maria and Eric). Alucard needs his luscious Symphony of the Night blond hair. :(

Terraria: I've explored the entire dungeon, and boy is this one shallow. They usually tend to go down deeper than this. But, anyway, I've explored the whole place, so the only place I've really done nothing of note is Hell, but I want to make sure I've got everything handled above ground first, just in case the Wall of Flesh accidentally spawns and sets the Corruption into overdrive if I beat it. First thing I did was build the Guide his house (filled with books everywhere) and built the Painter one of his own too (painted fully painted and with wallpapers of course). I still need to figure out housing for the Arms Dealer and Stylist (Goblin, Mechanic, Party Girl, and Dye Trader all have ideas in my head, I'm just not sure if I could make them with the materials I have on hand right now). The next order of business at the moment is to set up a 6-wide Hellevator, partly for easy access to Hell, but also to make a gap the Corruption that's like, right outside town can't pass. After that I'll wall off that Corruption section in the Jungle, and in theory I won't wind up with my jungle all corrupted. Of course, all of that is based on the question of where the new streams of Hallow and Corruption spawn when I trigger Hardmode. But I swear to god if I lose my Jungle...

Arkham Origins is done! Still playing through Breath of Fire

Trying to figure out what game I should play next on my Wii U. I'm thinking either Xenoblade Chronicles X, DKC Tropical Freeze, or Wind Waker HD

Space Empires V: The planetstrike on Lyrae II will probably go without a hitch. A few preliminary tests of the Gyrfalcon Type 2 reveals that my human opponent's Diaconus MkII frigates are absolutely no match - one Gyrfalcon can easily take on five Diaconus. The twin Time Distortion Bursts on the upper deck seem a bit redundant, given that the Alloy-Burner Missiles in the nose tend to chop right through the shields anyway. Usefully I received Contra-Terrene Engines Lvl 1 from the Abiddon Enclave, so next turn I can go up to Lvl 2 and hopefully reduce the number of engines on the Gyrfalcon design to four.

So, we caught Necrozma in Sun and Moon. I was simultaneously impressed and disappointed with how Looker claimed he saw it but then gave you zero information about exactly where in Melemele it might have wound up.

We also completely forgot that Guzma specializes in Bug types (not Poison) so he actually beat us in that street match. Time to shuffle the team and grind a little before we challenge him again....

Okami (PS4) - Finished up everything in Kusa Village and proceeded to the moon cave to fight Orochi. Just got all of the ingredients the Chef told me to find.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Getting back to this after a period of absence. Still in chapter 2. Honestly, the sheer amount of configurations and gimmicks makes this game really hard to follow.

MLB The Show 16:
Played this for H O U R S. Mostly just the default mode, although I played as the Dodgers and went through the '16 Postseason. Won the World Series, even.

LEGO City Undercover (Xbox One):
Cleared the first two levels, and I've bought everything I've unlocked so far.

Digimon World Next Order (AKA: Digimon World 1 with two partners): I mean seriously, randomly sucked in by your V-pet, Machinedramon is evil, you've got to bring Pokemon into a city run by a Jijimon, battles and skill learning happens in like, exactly the same way, seriously, it's Digimon World 1. I'm not complaining though, it was a fun game. A serious case of Guide Damn It, but still a fun game. My first pair of partners are a Solarmon and BlackGabumon. I really don't know how they're gonna evolve, but Meramon or RedVeggimon, and some kind of Garurumon or a Saberdramon respectively feel the most likely based on the stat requirements I know so far. I've brought Patamon and Tentomon back to town, Patamon opened a warehouse and Tentomon opened a shop. I also know of a Piyomon who wants me to get someone to teach her to fly, and a Palmon who wants some fertiliser ingredients to upgrade the meat farm. hopefully I find someone soon enough who'll open up some kind of healing centre or something, because it's annoying to need to use up a HP disk or wait until they're sleepy or hungry to restore HP. On the plus side, waiting for that gives me plenty of excuse to train up their stats to get them closer to evolving into something that isn't Numemon. I mean, I'm assuming Numemon's still here as a booby prize for unsatisfactory growth in the Child stage.

Okami (PS4) - Beat Orochi and enjoyed the festival afterwards. Made my way over to the city check point which I then proceeded to explode apparently. Been investigating the coast for awhile and I think I have just about every animal feed in the area.

Xenoblabe Chronicle 2 - Finally got around to doing something in this one. I've just crashed into foresty titan place. On my way to the city where Nia is going to ditch me. The combat isn't impressive so far. It got a tiny bit better once I finally got on the stupid freaking ship so I'm going to hold final judgement for further in the story.

Kingdom Hearts - HD I.5 ReMIX -:
Began playing through Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, and so far I've journeyed through Traverse Town a bit. Just trying to figure out how to move on.

LEGO City Undercover (Xbox One):
Cleared a couple more levels. Next I'm supposed to go undercover, into that Chan guy's gang.

Animal Crossing- New Leaf. Collecting some party poppers for New Years.

Back
Top Bottom