• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Dragon Quest Builders (Switch) - Am now in chapter 4, Tantegel. Recovered the Banner of Hope and created my base. I'm glad I saved right afterward, cause a bomb monster rolled in and destroyed a good chunk of my base. Trying to build a barbecue bistro now so I at least won't starve while in my base.

Space Empires V: I can't help but smirk at how quickly the new ships are rolling of the slips. The yards at Avalon are currently turning a new destroyer every month! Next turn I'll have quantum torpedos - the turn after that, in all likelihood, Lvl 3 Cruisers

Not a moment too soon. The Abiddon Enclave absolutely need to be brought to heel. As soon as I have the technology I'm going to try and order a squadron of six cruisers for Battlefleet Green

Animal Crossing- New Leaf. Going fishing in the Shamrock Hat is fun.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Hey there, G-rank Brachydios. Can you please give me a tail? Please?

Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney: Trails and Tribulations: Got into the trial phase, and had things going rather smoothly. I think I'm up to the first witness' last testimony, but I'm not sure exactly what the contradiction here is...

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham: Played a few levels when my brother booted it up, and wow does this one suck. Which is weird, since LEGO Batman 2 was done so well. The story seems effectively pointless, the jokes (if you can call them that) pretty much always fall flat, combat is worse than the last game, multiple characters are effectively pointless when Batman and Robin alone can solve 90% of the game's puzzles, leaving every other character for extremely niche things that seem tacked on to justify the additional characters rather than only letting each character do one or a few things and building the levels around them. So yeah, LEGO Batman 3, not that great.

Dragon Quest Builders (Switch) - Looks like I can't have my barbecue bistro on account I can't make any dishes or food furniture. Now I'm withering away and have to constantly sleep in one of the beds between jaunts to keep my health up. I'm really glad that the Switch version forego the speedrun challenges in favor of items collected, there's no way I could speedrun any of these chapters. At any rate, I've finished building the diviner's den, treasury, and throne room for their respective quests. Hoping I can get a surplus of food in the next island after I beat the upcoming battle quest. I doubt it though.

Space Empires V: The new light cruisers for Battlefleet Green are nearly done - it'll take a few turns for them to join the rest of the battlefleet, and Magrathea's lagging a bit on finishing the appropriate frieghters, so I've decided to go ahead and start a campaign against the Abbidon Enclave as soon as the fleet's assembled. Cruisers can join the effort as and when they're finished.

In any case, quantum torpedoes open up more options in designs. The Mk III Gyrfalcons are ready to be refitted from the Mk IIs whenever the chance is available. The Darter-class bomber will now be able to put out the same amount of damage twice as fast as the old plasma torpedo-equipped MkII. And at the very least new quantum torpedo equipped Wolfcub- and Wolf-class troops will be available for the Abiddon campaign

Ratchet and Clank (2016): It was on my PS4, so I started to play it. I'm now heading off to planet Batalia to protect that canon (why the Blarg don't just attack planets without giant cannons I don't know). I'd probably be a fair bit further if I didn't decide to hunt down all 90 telepathopus brains for the reward (which turned out to just be a bolt buster, not really sure this was worth the pain), since that took a long time. And I mean, a long time. I probably spent the same amount of time hunting down the last 3 brains I was missing as I did finding the other 87 combined. I only found them when I decided to take a break from the hunt and explore the last little bit of planet before coming back to look for more. Yes, the last 3 brains were on the complete opposite side of the planet from the other 87, which I honestly think is a bit of a dick move.

Assassin's Creed Origins. Need to finish this before God of War 4 and Far Cry 5 release, to free up space on my hard drive.

Dragon Quest Builders (Switch) - Retrieved the three Sages. I'm pleased they're the same characters from the previous chapters. Also built a holy hostel, so now I'm no longer starving in my base and Elle is starting to cook some food. Things are a little more bearable now.

Thimbleweed Park (Switch) - Got as far as the Dolores flashback in the mansion. Excellent game so far with wonderful attention to detail. I really appreciate the references to LucasFilms and Maniac Mansion.

Ratchet & Clank (2016): Played through most of the rest of the game, so now the only thing left to do is the final raid on the Deplanetizer. Before making that final run however, I've gone back and done everything else I could possibly do on every other planet (besides Novalis because there's nothing left), minus some of the achievements, I'll get to those in challenge mode... Maybe. I mean, if the game didn't want me wandering around looking for literally every gold bolt, card pack, and cluster of raritanium on every planet then it shouldn't have given me the map-o-matic. Two things took a very long time though: the "Faster Than a Speeding Amoeboid" achievement, and the final gold bolt on Kalebo III. The achievement required me to finish the gold cup hoverboard race on Rilgar in 1:35, which effectively requires a perfect run with a lot of tricks, spent about an hour working for that one. I also spent a stupidly long time looking for that last gold bolt on Kalebo III before just finally caving in and looking it up. Turns out you need to be in the hoverboard race to grab it. Aaaaanyway, now it's off to the Deplanetizer for that last gold bolt, and I'm assuming the last RYNO card is in there too somewhere. Oh, and the climax of the story I guess.

Ratchet & Clank (2016): Finished the first playthrough, so now it's on to Challenge Mode! I popped back to Rilgar to pick up my RYNO before heading into the final bosses though, and dear god was it this overpowered in every game?! I disintegrated both final bosses in under a minute each! It's been a while since I've played a game, but I don't remember any RYNO variant ever being this OP.

Back
Top Bottom