• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Just recently beat Thimbleweed Park (Switch). I'm honestly disappointed with the ending...
This easily has one of the most underwhelming endings I've seen in a video game yet. For the first half of the game, you investigate a murder that eventually leads into a much bigger mystery involving the pillow factory and multiple player characters. You gather evidence to arrest a guy who was very likely set up, leaving the real culprit at large. I thought I was in for some kind of grand scheme or plot where everything is intricately connected, but when I finally infiltrate the factory, the game spins on itself and deliberately breaks the fourth wall by saying that everything is just a simulation in a graphic adventure game ... What the hell. I mean it was fine when it was just the odd reference and in-joke peppered here and there, but this was just blatant and literally out of nowhere.

You never get to find the actual murder culprit either. Further more, there's a scene where the sheriff talks on the phone promising to eliminate the agents, and another scene where if you let one of the agents die, you see the coroner (who is also the sheriff) and the tube shop girl talk to each other. They don't get explained. It's almost like they were going for something but then half way decided to go "fuck it" and give it the "nothing is real" spin. So then it becomes a mission to shut down the game world to end the repeated cycle of living a predetermined, programmed life. Except after the credits roll, there is a Commodore64-styled start up screen that recovers and reboots the entire game before taking you back to the title screen, so even the goal to end the characters' "suffering" is all for naught anyway. I guess it was intended to be one of those endings that makes you think, since this is literally how video games operate, but it was just not satisfying at all.

The rest of the game is good though, and I absolutely love the attention to detail and effort.

Ni No Kuni II (PS4) - Well I got the airship so I can go literally anywhere now. I'm not continuing with the main story yet because I got the little pop that said I wouldn't have free reign for awhile if I continued. So I'm still continuing finishing all the side quests. Almost Level 50 as a Party. Just hit 50 citizens so now I'm saving money to upgrade my kingdom to level 3. Oh I also finally finished one of those Dream Doors. Of course it was like the first one I found so it was easy but I got some good items.

I dunno man, I really want to beat Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and I will in time, but I'm not picking it up nearly as often as I should be, especially considering I do like the game. Yet for some reason I'm usually fiddling around in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS or Minecraft. Maybe once Persona 2 is behind me I'll step away from the JRPGs for a little while.

Fire Emblem Warriors. The awakening DLC just came out so I have more stuff to get :D. Olivia is rather fun to play as bit I haven't touched Owain or Tharja yet because they are likely clones..

I'm about to start Persona 5 properly. Never played a Persona game before.
Booted it up late last night but decided against it once the Atlus logo appeared, I could've been kept up all night if I had gone through with it.
Really looking forward to sinking my teeth into it this weekend.

Space Empires V: Not sure whether Lvl 3 Cruisers really let me do what I need to for the Buzzard-class - I've put off fiddling with the design for next turn, but I suspect I'll want Lvl 4 hulls. In the meantime I've ordered three Lammageier-class stealth Cruisers to be built between Freya, Providence and Yangzhou

Well I finished Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Old Blood. Now I'm playing Civ 6. My first Civ since 3 about 15+ years ago.

Started Far Cry 5 tonight finally. After updating my PS4 and installing all the codes I got and resetting my Ubisoft Club password, anyway. ^@__@^;; I aim better now than I used to, somehow, magically. Still managed to almost die like twice (can you even die in the tutorial? I dunno). Met Dutch, who is a nice old man, saved one random guy, and am trying to find the key to the boathouse so I can get a key to some other thing (key-ception~). I saved, or tried to, and then when I reloaded to check cause it was being weird, I was back at the first thing that needs a key and like 20min of gameplay were gone~ Bleh.

Still kinda fun to play though, although I keep trying to play it like Primal, bashing people to death, and then I keep getting shot at and I'm like oh. :p

Ni No Kuni II (PS4) - Been leveling up and researching in various buildings. Finished a few more quests and beat a few more army battles. Also got through another dream door.

Earthlock (Switch) - Played a little of this the other day. It's a bit slow and doesn't immediately grab my attention, but it's otherwise shaping up well. I like how the battle system is both fairly innovative yet at the same time quick and easy to grasp, which should make returning play sessions after long breaks hassle-free.

Breath of the Wild - Returning to the game to finish the remaining shrines from the last DLC. Also explored a stretch of land for a bit. Didn't find much other than a Korok Seed.

Ni No Kuni II (PS4) - Progressed just a tiny bit more main story wise so I could unlock a few more citizens. I am now at like 72? Almost done with the second institution of innovation and then I'm going to keep chipping away at the barracks and training grounds. Hit a standstill with the higglery because I need someone with a certain skill. I've also been upgrading all my spells because , surprise, the fire spells don't work real well in the Drylands.

Digimon World Next Order:
Got enough Digimon gathered up to get Project Reincarnation ready, but first we'll need to handle Tsuzuki and his lackeys. To do that we're headed in to the Singular Zone, and it's terrible. Even the grunt Digimon on the overworld are the kind of brutal powerhouses I'd normally ExE to fight, but I can't do that if I want to get through the whole place and still stand a chance. I've made it near the end and fought Gaiomon and Kuzuhamon twice now. The first time I lost because I seriously underestimated them. Seriously, these two have the capability to two-shot me. The second time I fought them, I managed to get my Digimon to survive long enough to ExE. And still lost! I mean, I feel like we probably would've done better if Imperialdramon attacked Kuzuhamon with Positron Laser instead of Gaiomon like I ordered him to! Seriously, the dude doesn't seem to be able to focus on one target, so he had to contend with two enemies at once instead of bringing it down to one on one. I used up a lot of my items trying to keep him going though, so I don't think I'll be going back for a while. I'll probably just train, bring my Digimon through to their next lives, and try again later, because this is actually a super brutal thing.
Duke evolved into Phoenixmon, and Yamato's a Leopardmon.

I just picked up Night in the Woods for my Switch. I played it on PC focusing on Bea and now I'm going to replay all the stories plus the Weird Autumn Editions. I have a feeling this game is going to be like Okami where I just keep buying it for the current batch of systems I own.

Eh, I guess it doesn't have the same problems Okami did where each game felt like the ultimate version of it. PS2 for the true artistic intent and the amazing end credits. (It's been way oversaturated and the paper effect is barely there anymore. This actually hurts the visuals at points.) Wii had motion controls which almost worked perfectly. PS3 was HD. I don't own the PC version, but that's 4K. I need the switch release, though. I hope to finally have touch controls in handheld mode so it can register my circles.

Breath of the Wild - Finished the last of the DLC shrines, and defeated the phantom Thunderblight Ganon.

Thimbleweed Park (Switch) - So in spite of my grievances with the ending, I decided to play it again in "hard" mode. I played it previously in casual mode, which had reduced a number of puzzles. This new playthrough makes for a little refreshing experience. I'm not confident that the plot or ending will be much different though.

Ni No Kuni II (PS4) - Sitting at a level 60 team and almost at 90 citizens. I should probably go ahead and finish the last story chapter but I'm SO freaking close to having all the side quests done.

Space Empires V: The final ship for Battlefleet Green (Sinister) is done, so that leaves a hard countdown of turns till the attack on Klaestron. HMS Farnsworth and Brannigan are picking up the new troops for this purpose, and the (Dexter) battlefleet is assembling to deal with any retaliation.

Some new tech from the Eee gives cause for experimentation - Medium Satellites Lvl 1 and Fighters Lvl 4. I think I may start launching defensive satellite rings soon. Deciding on a new carrier design I like may be trickier

Space Empires V: I've had enough with planetstrikes in Wanduk - Nova Terra can turn out a colony ship each turn, so there's no need for fiddling planetstrikes on colonies that aren't all that valuable intact. Time to clear away the Xiati and consolidate my gains.

I ought to order a refit for HMS Tercio and a wing of Hawkers if I'm to successfully attack Klaestron

Back
Top Bottom