• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Ni No Kuni II (PS4) - Since the update made traversing the map easier I decided to go back and work on the Higgledie stones. Less then 10 left now.

God of War. I just
got to the part where the Witch helps you travel between the dimensions to Alfheim. I've only played 2 minutes in Alfheim, but it feels like Metroid Prime 2, where you have the different dimensions using the same world, which is cool.

Really good so far. I need to try and stay away from Youtube, I had one of the early boss fights "spoiled" the other day, and I've read that some people have had the last boss spoiled from recommended Youtube videos. So, yeah, I gotta be careful.

Hakuouki Edo Blossoms (Vita) - Finally down to Kazama's and Hijikata's good endings. This is so freakinf exciting because when I go back through all the other endings I can use the freaking SKIP TEXT feature.

Space Empires V: It looks like the planetstrike on Klaestron IV will be successful, but on the other hand the Cue Cappa appear to be fortifying Klaestron II. Luckily the next two Harrier-class Planetary Assault ships will have both joined the battlefleet next turn, which ought to allow me to press the attack.

In Hesperos I'm going to be faced with stiff opposition again. Neither of the Cue Cappa worlds are easy targets, though with three Lammageier-class stealth cruisers available I'm reluctant to give up without an attempt at striking some targets. More awkwardly there are three fleets at large in the system: a Cue Cappa fleet of 15 ships, and two Abiddon fleets of 19 and 16 ships. I'm thinking two of those could be decisively smashed with a modern, well-equipped squadron from Battlefleet Blue. The Gyrfalcons are up to the job, but I'm a bit wary of using the Mk Heron-class light cruisers in such an attack.

At least the crown finances are back in order. I'm still not especially happy at having to stall Shields in favour of Quantum Engines, but it has to be done in order to make significant improvements to the Heron and Buzzard designs

Space Empires V: Klaestron IV is mine without a fuss. I've renamed the planet Coseflame, and ordered the construction of defences. HMS Schiltrom is going to be bringing in a wing of Hawker-class interceptors ready for an assault on another planet, probably Klaestron II. The more powerful of the Abbidon fleets has headed into Gergan to do battle with the Drushocka - only problem is, in the attack on a Xiati squadron in Wanduk HMS Sapphire was badly damaged, so the fleet is going nowhere until she can be either repaired or replaced.

Engines are coming along nicely, so in the meantime I can move up to Lvl 8 Shields. I've decided not to wait for Lvl 9 before putting up new defensive satellites on key warp points - an extra 20 shield points will make barely any difference in this context anyway.

Tested a few designs this turn. I'm a little dubious about the Osprey-class cruiser I designed. It's intended to be a linebreaker, a brawler, but I'm wondering whether it has a mix of too many weapon systems. It absolutely tears through shields, but I'm less sure about the relatively slow firing tachyon cannons in the bow. I might strip them out in favour of more anti-proton beams on the upper deck. On the other hand, it looks like the Crane-class light cruiser might be an effective battleship-killer. A small squadron could be built quickly from a few yards, and it seems a mass-torpedo strike from a squadron of three is impossible for one big ship to cope with

The World Ends With You: Just playin' bits and pieces of the game, enjoying story moments, mastering pins, filling out the Noise Report, that kinda stuff.

Bakugan Battle Brawlers (DS): Bought an old copy of the game for five bucks. I chose a Pyrus attribute for my Leonidas. Just met Marduk for the first time and had the reveal on Leonidas coming from the Doom Dimension. It's been an interesting run so far, with me having no access to my red ability card, given that they require a shoulder button to trigger, I've done pretty damn well so far though. My current deck's my Leonidas, Haos Griffon, Aquos Juggernoid, the Juggernoid gate card, light burst, lockdown, imbalance (after finally unlocking the ability to buy it), the Pyrus/Aquos/Haos Triple Node, and just whatever for my red card (since I can't use it).

In MH4U we unlocked Gogmazios (the game's "final boss") and tried our hand at a few hunts. Unfortunately, and unlike the Dah'ren Mohran hunts, my Palicoes are zero help manning the Battlequarters siege weapons. This is not going to be an easy one, but I can already tell I'm able to deal out enough DPS to win, if I can just fight smart. (Hey, 'Sticky Res' is an easy skill to gem onto my armor ... I'll probably NEED that.)

In the meantime, boy did we have one frantic expedition...
Known monsters: Seregios and Yian Garuga.

Seregios is a fast wyvern that moves like nothing else and basically all its attacks can 3-hit-combo you to inflict Bleed status.

Yian Garuga is a hardcore cousin of the puny Yian Kut-Ku and when it gets angry it likes to peck you into the ground HARD.

Then a second Seregios shows up ...

Then a Black Diablos shows up ... Diablos love to do digging and charging attacks and the black ones are crazy.

Finally, a Tigrex shows up. Tigrexes are nicknamed the "pain train" for a reason.

Last edited:
Finished up the story of God of War last night - really enjoyed it, great game.

I just have 3 of the 7 valkyries left to beat, along with the Muspelheim and Niflheim challenges. I'm going to do the latter stuff to get some better gear to fight the remaining valkyries, because the ones I have left keep trashing me.

A friend of mine got Tekken 7 so we played that a ton over the week-end. I haven’t played Tekken since the PS1 games so I had to get used to it again. I started really liking Asuka and so I customized her to look like 2B from Nier: Automata. Seeing 2B hop into the ring on a bicycle is awesome.

Hakuouki Edo Blossoms (Vita) - Stumbled through all of Hijikata's endings finally. Never found a guide made for people who don't make 10 different saves so it took longer then needed to find out the right combination of things. Now on to all of Okita's other endings!

Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Finished the storyline, so now I've got an Omega Leonidas that I've gotta work back up to MAX level all over again. *sigh* I've also done some of the brawls in the park, so now I've got the star Bakugan of all of the secondary characters, along with Dragonoid and both versions of Tigrerra. I don't quite have a deck I'm confident enough with for the other attributes to get any more character Bakugan yet.

Swapped out MH4U for MH Generations. Now where was I in this game again...? Anyway, time to craft some Insect Glaives and -- wow, Generation's upgrade system for the glaives is definitely a lot different than 4U.

Back
Top Bottom