• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Pokémon Ultra Sun

Finally found a chance to log on again. I beat the Alola League with my Lycanroc, Primarina, Dhelmise, Golisopod, Klefki, and Glalie! Then I went to Poni Grove and caught a Blacephalon. I nicknamed it “Popsicle” as it had been frozen by my Primarina’s Ice Beam when I was battling it.

A9974D91-A496-4590-A21F-B8AD012E8F95.jpeg

I eventually thawed Popsicle out in Pokémon Refresh...after enjoying watching him chill for a bit.

Been making progress on and off in Super Mario Odyssey ... today we beat the game. Mario platformers have never been known for terribly difficult boss battles, but the showdown with Bowser did not disappoint.

Oh, and Luigi showed up so we gave it a few tries at finding balloons in the Mushroom Kingdom. Felt like we planted ours in a decent location (for a first try)....

Yesterday I celebrated America Day by playing Grand Theft Auto III. I got up to the part where you have to cover 8-Ball with the sniper rifle while he tries to put a bomb on the big cargo ship. That mission blows. Not sure how I’m gonna do it, or how I’m gonna find the patience to do it.

Bought Overcooked recently, it's pretty fun so far but I can see it getting really stressful.

Grand Theft Auto III: I did end up completing that 8-Ball mission, and it’s far from the last terrible mission in this game. I unlocked Staunton Island and now I’m doing Asuka missions. The one I just did is unwinnable without the sniper rifle, and I’ll give you three guesses as to whether or not the game told me that before the mission started. GTA, I keep trying to like you, but you keep pushing me away.

Doom: Just completed the third episode, which is easily the worst by the way. Oh well, Doom is still an incredible achievement on top of Wolfenstein 3D’s already incredible achievement. It’s also much more fun. I might do the extra Ultimate Doom episode or I might just go straight to Doom 2, I’m not sure yet.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D: I don’t own the original version of this game, but I’ve been blasting through the remake for about a month now. It’s so childish and whimsical, and even if the combat is dead simple the puzzles are decently thoughtful. Last time I did the Spirit Temple, so now it’s just a matter of me wrapping it all up.

I've been playing Yu-Gi-Oh: Ultimate Masters: World Championship Tournament 2006. This game is really great if you like playing Yu-Gi-Oh and have a Game Boy Advance. It's fun building decks and getting cards. Right now I've beaten the main opponents available and am going through the duel puzzles, which are wonderfully tricky to solve, and the challenge duels. Once I beat 60% of those the final enemies should unlock.

Some highlights from my latest MH Generations grinds:
Hunting another Zinogre because we need the rare drop to finish upgrading its armor set. Fight went pretty well, but at the end, after knocking out the beast's electric charge I notice it's starting to limp. Halfway through the zone it limps RIGHT across a trap my Palico set down earlier (which I didn't even notice because I was too busy fighting). Good work, cat!

Hunting a Hyper Malfestio: Fight also went fairly well, wounded every last part on this bird and one of my cats snags it in a Shock Trap. I start throwing the tranquilizer bombs but one of my cats notices I'm currently hit with confusion and knocks me out of it. Bad work, cat!

Triple Rajang hunt: Yes, three of these Super Saiyans in one hunt. Fortunately I can down one in roughly 10-15 minutes, but that doesn't leave much downtime between them. First Rajang went down fairly well (though we did fail to trap it, killing it instead). Second Rajang -- egad, you do NOT want to fight these guys in the Jurassic Frontier's massive area 6. The way Rajang was constantly leaping back and forth between me and my cats was very annoying. Oh, and apparently Rajang can jump directly from area 6 to 8 (two zones away) -- no sooner do I catch up to it does it jump BACK from 8 to 6. Oh, and when it limped off it decided to jump straight from 6 to 11 (FOUR zones away, literally from the NW to SE corner of the map!) but we were able to trap it successfully. Third Rajang, we discover that they don't (ahem) fall for Pitfall traps, plus that was our last trap so we had to kill it regardless. Had about 6 minutes left on the clock by the time he went down. It was a lot of work, but overall not THAT bad considering it's a Rajang.

Triple Hyper Gypceros hunt: This turned out to actually be the easiest of the triple hunts. Yes they were Hypers but Gypceros is a low tier monster and I tweaked my armor for complete Stun immunity -- every time it tried to use its flash attack I was able to just go ham with the attacks. Stupid monster ate my Pitfall Trap right off the bat, though (and Shock Traps don't work on Gypceros at all), but we grabbed the supply one and managed to at least capture one of them.

Last edited:
Lord of Magna- Maiden Heaven (which I got yesterday). The game is cute, and bowling for enemies is kinda fun.

I beat Doom 2 (made me want to rip my hair out, Hurt Me Plenty difficulty for both games by the way) and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (loved it!). When I get home this afternoon I’m gonna jump right in to Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. I think I’ll also play Parascientific Escape: Crossing at the Furthest Horizon or whatever it’s called, finally closing out the epic “Zero Escape for kids” trilogy.

Space Empires V: An exercise in patience. I'll be able to lay siege to Klaestron VI next turn, finally. Otherwise I'm steadily assembling cruisers across the Commonwealth. Battlefleet Red's cruisers are getting a refit, and soon Battlefleet Blue will get a general refit for all the light cruisers and destroyers (Luckily the yards at Optera will be finished next turn, plus a couple of support ships with repair bays will be arriving).

Radioactives production is still kind of low, but with such deep reserves I'm reluctant to stall weapon research in favour of improved extractors. It will have to be addressed at some point, but right now I want to push ahead with all the technologies I'll need for a weapon platform upgrade

Back
Top Bottom