• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Space Empires V: Finally Battlefleet Green can move off to lay siege to Klaestron VI. The order of battle includes six bombardment ships in total, along with the four Bittern-class light torpedo cruisers and a squadron of destroyers - hopefully my plan of integrating the siege drones directly into the fleet will mean I can attack and finish up the siege in a single turn. In Hesperos I'm having to deal with an utter nuisance in the form of Abiddon colony ships convoying through my space. It's about time I properly blocked off the Hesperos-Wanduk warp point.

The cruiser squadron for Battlefleet Green is nearly assembled, too, which means it would make sense to start thinking about support ships for a proper attack on Cribit. Given how I'm low on radioactives it seems unwise to begin any major shipbuilding, but I think I shall at least make sure to assemble a modern army. Battlefleet Blue's begun a general refit, well overdue. Once the ships are properly upgraded I'm going to organise the fleet into a main battlegroup and a reserve so I can finally stop shuffling ships around.

Octopath Traveler, after finishing Cyrus' chapter 1 I recently recruited Tressa, Olberic, and Primrose and have finished their chapter 1's respectively as well. Now I'm just grinding a bit before I move on any further.

Space Empires V: The siege of Klaestron VI ended up being a straightforward assault, which went very well. Next turn the cruisers can join the battlegroup and immediately sail for Galgamis. The most obvious plan would be to destroy that Cue Cappa fleet in anchor around Galgamis III and immediately planetstrike after so many turns. Either way, I intend to press the system as hard as possible.

With some colonisation going on in Regotha - and more just done in Klaestron, finally - the state of the radioactives production is looking healthier. Still not so healthy that I'm prepared to build more support ships for Battlefleet Green or the warships for Red I sorely want - but in the meantime I'm tasking some of the core worlds to produce enough colony ships to finish colonising Klaestron, Wanduk, and Remnorak

Octopath Traveler, still grinding up Cyrus, Tressa, Olberic, and Primrose before I move on to their chapter 2's, which will be most likely tonight. I'm thinking of running with these four first and on the next file run with the remaining four (Therion, H'aanit, Ophelia, and Alfyn), and for the third file recruit all eight.

MH Generations: Apparently I didn't miss out on the baby Tigrex Palico armor after all ... it's a bonus for having a MH4U save file on your system (which I do). Didn't have to start a new file or anything (though the option to unlock it is filed under the 'New Game' category on the title screen).

And, at any rate, we just got back from the most awesome Zinogre hunt ever.
High-rank Zinogre in the Frozen Seaway.
Equips: EX Zinogre armor and Zamtrios (ice) Insect Glaive.
So the fight is going rather well, and at just 10min in Zinogre is exhausted. Then a big GAMMOTH walks into the area behind us. I try to chase after Zinogre into the next zone, but Gammoth follows and when Zinogre runs off again I decide "okay, Gammoth, if you're gonna crash this hunt then let's crash this hunt!" So we fight Gammoth and it goes ... fairly well actually, and despite my armor's weakness to Ice. I notice Gammoth trying to run off but slowly (Gammoth's limping is a little hard to tell), so I take some time to sharpen up my weapon. We follow it to the next zone, find it sleeping, trap it, and it turns out Zinogre's up and about in the same room! But Zinogre is still wounded and has to limp out, so we let it run, track it down after a minute, find it sleeping back at its lair and trap him too to win the quest.

...Too bad we didn't get any of the materials we needed. Maybe next time, though.

Last edited:
Octopath Traveler, completed Cyrus', Tressa's, Olberic's, and Primrose's chapter 2's respectively, now I'm just grinding for levels a bit. Also playing some Gunvolt Striker Pack for the Switch on the side.

Last edited:
Well, after more ragequits than I'd want to admit, we finally defeated Akantor in MH Generations.

and with a Sword & Shield, no less. (S&S has a reputation of being the 'n00b weapon'.)

Space Empires V: I've decided to simply press on as fast as possible in Galgamis. Galgamis II I'll simply assault rather than try to capture - I'll lose all those research centres, but it's either that or risk the Abiddon digging in and making the assault twice as lengthy. The vanguard will move on to swiftly destroy the Cue Cappa fleet anchored in orbit of Galgamis III. Hitting Galgamis I with a planetstrike would be useful, but it may be quicker to raze it.

In Wanduk I'm ordering some more AUTO-Patrol drones, since I'm tired of logistical problems caused by wandering Abiddon and Eee ships. Battlefleet Blue's refit is progressing nicely, at least, and Optera is entering the final phase of development.

With the introduction of better shields and torpedoes next turn I'll be able to bring in some upgraded designs - the Gyrfalcons up to Mk V, I think, possibly the Herons, though I may wait to improve their temporal weapons as well.

Trying some Deviant quests in MH Generations, now on the Thunderlord Zinogre. We made it through the first five hunts with little trouble, but the sixth ... an arena fight with both Thunderlord and a Gendrome. Trying to fight two monsters in one enclosed space is never an easy task (but the subquest was super easy, so...) ...

On a side note, hunted down a Furious Rajang in a different quest but we definitely needed more supply items. 40 minutes, two defeats, used up ALL healing options but we were ultimately able to trap + capture it. Phew....

I’m on vacation in Illinois so I’m not playing any of my games back home, but the Megami Tensei mobile game, Shin Megami Tensei Dx2 Liberation or whatever the heck it’s titled, came out a few days ago and I’ve been playing it. I avoid phone games like the plague but for MegaTen I’ll make an exception.

Back
Top Bottom