• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Sonic Mania Plus: Just finished Encore Mode, and t was pretty cool. I love how it handles your characters and keeps the pace going by switching control to your partner and just throwing the other partner right in there (provided your current partner's onscreen, otherwise it kicks you back to a checkpoint). The Special Stages are nuts though. Mania Mode took the gloves off for emeralds 5 & 6, but Encore Mode never even put those gloves on to begin with. I'm loving playing as Ray though. His gliding is cool and he's just a total dork. I love him.
Didn't manage to get all the Emeralds on this run though. I'll have to go back through Green Hill or something to grind out that last one.

Octopath Traveler. My Switch finally came in today and I've been playing it since then. I just managed to recruit Olberic and I started with Tressa, because she's adorable and fun! I currently have Ophilia, Cyrus, Tressa, and Olberic as of right now.

I'm playing the Alliance Alive again. Need to stop running into mooks, so I can do the boss fight.

Pokémon Ultra Sun

I evolved the Type: Null I received from Wicke, then equipped Silvally with the Psychic Memory to help take down my brother’s all-Poison team. I also bought up all of the Seafolk Village TMs, and ate dinner with Nanu again. Then, I assembled a team consisting of Pawniard, Tynamo, Morelull, Trapinch, Litwick, and good ol’ Happy the Smeargle, who will all join me as I actually explore Melemele Sea for once.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. I am training my Super Smash Bros. line of amiibo so they will be ready for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Space Empires V: Operations in Galgamis are going well. The Cue Cappa fleet is destroyed, and HMS Pazuzu landed troops on Galgamis III relatively easily. That old Mk I design is showing its age, unfortunately. But I'm in position for an attack on either Galgamis I or IV next turn, depending on strategic preference.

The porous border across Wanduk-Hesperos continues to be a complete nuisance. HMS Fenrir will open it up next turn, so hopefully I'll finally manage to get all those ships through to Hesperos III without constant course changes.

Next turn promises to be a busy one. With new Gravitational and Temporal weapons I'll be able to design upgrades to a lot of ships, plus finally a mass-upgrade of weapon platforms.

The Alliance Alive- defeated a boss, now I'm exploring a new realm.

Space Empires V: Galgamis III is mine, and heaven knows I need all those radioactives extraction facilities. Battlefleet Green (Siege) razed Galgamis IV without too much trouble - HMS Vesta took a beating, but nothing the support vessels can't mend. I've decided to bite the bullet and seal up the Wanduk-Hesperos warp point with a Barbican-class space station, though. Battlefleet Blue only just managed to intercept an Eee battlegroup - 11 destroyers, 2 light cruisers and a battleship. For some reason HMS Grace a Dieu managed to deploy too far forward, and suffered for it. Too many plasma torpedoes, too far from support. The Gyrfalcons distinguished themselves yet again, HMS Iron Peach and Active doggedly taking down a light cruiser, Iron Peach joining with Thunderchild to smash the last of the destroyers in the final duel.

Either way, some lessons learned. The attack on Galgamis IV proves there's still a tactical niche for the Heron-class light cruiser, even if it's been superseded in the main battleline. On the other hand I'm beginning to think I ought to replace Battlefleet Red's Gyrfalcons with the Crane-class light cruiser that's been on the drawing board. The Gyrfalcon doesn't let me down, but I suspect something heavier might be needed for a real pitched battle.

Continuing to upgrade weapons & such in MH Generations.

Hyper Duramboros isn't hard, he just ... y'know, occasionally hits really hard.

For some reason I went back to Dragon Quest IX.

... then my DS battery went red in on the 9th level of a grotto. Damn.

Pokémon Ultra Sun

Got myself Nala the Cosmog! After dealing with the confusion of actually finding it, I soft reset several times for a good nature. First try was downright bad, but then I had the amazing luck of getting half a dozen completely neutral natures in a row. I was happy to finally get Nala with a Timid nature. Now I’ll be working to level Nala up into a level 52 Cosmoem before having one of my brothers with Ultra Moon evolve Nala for me. I’ll also be deliberately training a team of Pokémon weak to Poison to go up against my brother’s Poison team with. That Psychium-Z should come in handy for the rematch.

Sonic Mania Plus: Got the last emerald in Encore Mode and saw the true ending. And I swear to god if that's just setting up Classic Eggman as a villain in the next Modern Sonic game then someone at SEGA's getting stabbed.
I love how you can just pass Super Powers between you and you partner though. Something about watching Sonic's quills just go up and down just amuses me. They were kinda lazy with Mighty & Ray's Super Modes though. Super Ray just glows like Super Tails does, and Super Mighty just has a pink shell. Kinda lazy if you ask me.

Last edited:
Space Empires V: The last of the Abiddon in Galgamis are gone now, so there's nothing more for Battlefleet Green to do for the moment. Having scouted out neighbouring Quikil, I'e decided to hit three colonies with simultaneous planetstrikes, then press on with Battlefleet Green (Siege) as quickly as possible. Battlefleet Green (Vanguard) can probe into Cribit next turn, now the ships are finally in position.

I'd like to begin construction on another siege battlegroup, but upgrading weapon platforms is proving ruinously expensive. I've managed to cover the deficit for this turn - in theory next turn some savings made on upkeep and the asteroid miner Regan ought to cover it again. I may have to mothball a fleet in order to keep it going, or for that matter, upgrade the radioactives extractors

Back
Top Bottom