• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Space Empires V: The planetstrike on Quikil V was a complete failure. I hadn't realised just how many militia the planet would spawn. Normally I wouldn't reinforce failure, but a second planetstrike is still preferable to an attempted siege - and in any case I have about 100 regiments in the system with nothing to do. In Hesperos I've decided to refit Battlefleet Blue before pushing into Castor. I wouldn't be able to do anything significant in the system till Battlefleet Blue (Siege) has dealt with the remaining Drushocka colonies in Hesperos anyway.

Usefully I've got Medium Ship Construction Lvl 6 from the Eee this turn, so a major cruiser refit is a definite project. I'm not completely sure I like the design for the bigger Osprey-class ... but the Buzzard MkIV ought to be a significant advance, mounting a weapon phase disruptor in the bow.

Otherwise it's time for a mass upgrade of the temporal yards - and replacing all the satellites with new Listening Post 16s

Kirby- Super Star Ultra. I'm very bad at Gourmet Race, but it is still fun.

Last edited:
We have taken down Alatreon in MH Generations. We have officially hunted every monster in the game at least once.
For some weird reason I was convinced Alatreon also appeared in MH4U, but apparently it did not. Anyway, I took in a full set of mostly-upgraded Ancient Armor and a good Water CB, whiffed a couple of Energy Blades (10/10 git gud scrub). Only got carted once! Landed a mounting attack, chopped off that tail, and the killing blow knocked it out of the sky.

I gave my Guild Card a few touches up because now it's time to transfer to MH Generations Ultimate and get into THAT new content (without having to repeat the 400-something hours I already put into Generations itself). First on the list is probably Amatsu (but in HD!) because I need just one more horn before I can craft its CB.

And now we're in MH Generations Ultimate. Things I noticed immediately:
- Content that was not pre-existing in Generations is highlighted blue.
- Most of the original MH Generations event quests (Okami, DMC, etc.) are available day one.
- Meownster Hunters shuffled up certain monster colors. Black is for Beast and includes things like monster bones, Nargacuga and Gore Magala. Lagiacrus is now blue (was white), Khezu is now white (was purple), Brachydios is now purple (was blue), etc.
- A certain few event items DID NOT transfer from Generations. USJ gear where you at?
- Obviously, all weapons get G-rank upgrade tiers, but for most of them you need to officially unlock G-rank before you can even see it.
- When you look at your upgrade screen and it shows you how many of a given weapon is in your possession, this no longer includes certain maxed-out weapons (which received a name change). This is most likely related to the above, but it did give me a shock initially.
- No new low-rank village quests, but high-rank Hub quests include more returning monsters (Nerscylla, Barioth, etc.) and some 7* hyper quests that were event-exclusive in Generations.

I haven't actually unlocked any of the new areas yet; for now I'm basically just using the Palico Dojo to shuffle my cats' skills around because some of the new skills are awesome.
Basically, when the game generates a cat's skillset, it does this:
- All cats get Herb Horn and Mini Barrel Bombay as standard.
- Every cat gets two fixed skills depending on its bias type, one of which is exclusive to the type (cannot be taught to other cats). The second skill is exclusive initially, but can be unlocked for teaching to other cats. (Charisma type does not have a second fixed skill.)
- From this, using an internal budget of 8 "points" the game randomly picks skills according to the below groups:
- "A" skills (e.g. Rath-of-Meow) cost 3 points and are limited to one per cat.
- "B" skills (e.g. Detox Horn) cost 2 points and there is no limit (a cat will usually get one or two).
- "C" skills (e.g. Dung Bombay) cost 1 point and are widely available (though it is also possible for a cat to not get any).
- Charisma-type cats get one bonus "C" skill to compensate for not having two fixed skills.
- Ultimately, all cats have at least 8 skills (sometimes up to 12); the fewer skills it has, the higher-tier those skills are. E.g. a cat with 12 skills only has "C" skills, but a cat with only 8 skills either has A,B,B,C skills or B,B,B,B skills.
- All cats also have two empty slots for teaching additional skills (Charisma type also gets a third empty slot). This is up from Generations where all cats only had one empty slot.

This also means I can retire Generations from my 3DS and see where I last left off in MH4U. Hmmm ... oh, yes, grinding G-rank Gore Magala?

Last edited:
Okami HD (Switch) - I don't know anymore just how far I got into Okami when I played it on the Wii, I could have sworn I got as far as the Ninetails fight but my lack of memory of certain places and events makes me question that. I do know that I did reach Ryoshima Coast at the very least, and as of today, I can now say that I've finally completed that area in its entirety after the defeat of Ninetails. I'm ready to move on to the next region. Also did a couple of sidequests after.

In MHGU, I finally got my favorite Prowler to learn "Artful Dodger" (more iframes when you dodge roll). In the meantime...
I've made it to high-rank story mode (on the airship) and have been bombing the heck out of monsters with Bahamut, one of the DLC Palicoes -- no you do not have Bahamut-themed armor for him but then again, this is MH so there's plenty of dragon-themed armor to pick from already (I've currently decked him out in no less than Alatreon gear). There seem to be no new-monster-debut cutscenes, but maybe that's because many of them I've already faced in a Hub quest...

Back in MH4U, looks like I still need to grind me some G-Rank Gore Magala to finish off its X set (missing only the arms). SO MANY SKILLS compared to MHGen! It's insane.

Pokemon Platinum which I had somehow never played, and Mario Maker which I'm currently erecting a level on.

Space Empires V: There's a lesson learned - that Eee battlegroup has smashed through the Toobin gate and headed on into Regotha. I presume they're trying to get into Sovereign territory, but there's no way I'm allowing them to destroy the Regotha gate as well. Nothing for it but to assemble Battlefleet Red and prepare to give battle.

I've changed my mind slightly about Cribit. First I'll have the new siege group attack vulnerable planets while the battlefleet is refitting. Then Battlefleet Green (Sinister) can join the siege group for a proper attack, hopefully with army groups following.

The really good news is that those atmospheric modification plants I had completely forgotten about have finished their work. All of a sudden I have a swathe of planets with breathable atmospheres and a lot more space to exploit. The Sephandris system has always been a bit of a backwater, relatively small planets with relatively small populations - now it can potentially contribute an absolute fortune in minerals and radioactives. Likewise Radnor, a backwater with barely anything to administrate, is going to end up a massive research centre in the next year

Finally picked up FF8 where I left off (conveniently a few days before classes start -_-.) Toughed out some Malboros and finally got all the things I needed to get Doomtrain!! Going to see what other side quests I can get done.

The Legendary Starfy. This game is adorable, and the levels are fun. I'm not very good at the dumpling mini game though.

Back
Top Bottom