• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Did a variety of games today. Some grinding in MH4U...
We needed Tigerstripe Zamtrios parts to get a new weapon, so we went out and hunted one. For not having fought this guy in a long time, we aced that hunt. Then we needed Black Diablos materials (specifically, horns), got those. Pretty crazy hunt but we did it. Now we just need more Rajang materials (again, the horns) but at least the two aforementioned hunts allowed us to craft + upgrade a paralysis weapon to make this task easier. THEN we need to hunt a lot of Black Gravios and trade its materials for Lagiacrus parts....

Plus Generations Ultimate...
Just progressing through 8-star Village quests with my cats. Taught some more skills to my favorite Palico (namely, a trapping skill). Rath-of-Meow was fun but seems relatively useless in the DPS department (though its ability to, ahem, tank hits is cool).

Also played the demo of Earthlock on the Switch. Charming.
For something with relatively unimpressive screenshots and description, it has a sort of old-school vibe to it. Also like old-school RPGs, the battle system is fun in direct proportion to your party size -- up to 4 members apparently (though only 3 members at a time in the demo) and depending on your party formation they get a Bond (pair) meter that enables super moves (only one pair available in the demo). Leveling up is slow but grants access to points that can be spent on the game's "Talent Board" which works kinda like FF12's License system....

Plus a few levels of Sonic Mania.
I never played Sonic 1 back in the day, so I have no nostalgia for the Green Hill Zone. (If anything, I actually sort of dislike it.) But I like what they've done with it for this release. Oh, and the unexpected Puyo Puyo boss battle of Chemical Plant zone was hilarious, I had to stop after that.

And, finally, Sushi Striker (also on Switch).
Was pretty torn about which version would be more worthwhile -- touchscreen controls sound like a better fit on the 3DS, but the game's UI design (particularly during the actual puzzle gameplay) is much better on the Switch. Difficulty level is nice and gradual, and there's just something lovably ridiculous about the game's setting and story.

Last edited:
I was playing Octopath Traveller but got kinda bored around party member number 5. Too grindy and the characters don't interact at all.

I bought Mario Kart 8. I literally haven't played a Mario Kart game since the very first one so I was really apprehensive. I won my first race though ^<__<^;;

Been working on my P4 walkthrough a bit, revising some stuff. That meant replaying a few dungeons. Still trying to figure out how to fix a scheduling mistake I made with the S. Links.

Also been playing Crystal a bit. I wanted to complete the dex but I had a Japanese copy and an English copy and they can't trade with eachother, so I had to buy another JPN copy. Currently raising a Phanpy and Totodile on the new game to trade over, then I'll restart for a Chikorita.

I was playing Octopath Traveller but got kinda bored around party member number 5. Too grindy and the characters don't interact at all.
Why are you grinding? You can play the whole game without needing to grind.

The party members start interacting from chapter 2 onwards. You can see optional scenes where 2 or more of your current party talk to each other.

Dragon Ball Fusions (3DS) - So, I'm kind of an idiot. I've only JUST figured out how you can use the Ziku Radar through the Streetpass menu (despite it not actually requiring streetpass...), which can be used to find and scout canon characters you haven't yet recruited over wi-fi. I'm pretty lucky that I live in an area that's able to pick up 10 router points, though it seems that the Star rifts are still pretty uncommon for me. Anyway I was able to recruit SSJ Kid Gohan, SSJ Teen Gohan, and Broly...which was A LOT more than my previous unsuccessful attempts in trying to spawn canon characters to no avail. I'm STILL trying to just find SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta. I should have just been using the Ziku Radar method a long time ago.

I love this game, but god do I ever hate the RNG.

Been playing Crystal a few minutes before bed each day. I want to complete the dex but it's slow-going since I don't have much time to play, and that means I miss out on daytime pokemon, so I got another copy on another system and set the clock differently so I could trade between them.

Fire Emblem Thracia 776, now I'm on chapter 11x. Didn't get too far in terms of chapters because of work and other stuff, anyway can't wait to use Fred (another character I like and practically always try to use every playthrough) since you get him in this chapter; also can't wait to get the Silence Staff and Heim Scroll next chapter after this one.

Had one of the best Zinogre hunts ever back in MH4U -- collected three shiny drops during the hunt and they ALL turned out to be the rarest items (2 Skymeralds and 1 Jasper). Now if this was MHGU I would actually need them for my armor set....

Minecraft: Finally finished the outer framework of my house (wood takes a hell of a long time to grow when you're just after the logs and not any planks you can get from it), and starting to work on sorting out the areas. I've got the main ground floor area with a kitchenette mapped out to the corner, the top floor bedroom, and a balcony set out. I'm gonna have a smelting room set in a yet-to-be hollowed out area below the building, and maybe once I get some Nether Quartz I'll put in some kind of bathroom extension. Next order of business is make a map so I'm able to find my way around and maybe find some biomes that aren't just forest/plain/stone mountain to see if I can't find anything interesting.

Space Empires V: The crown finances are looking a bit janky again. Minerals are in short supply - though luckily the Eee have just handed me Minerals Extraction Lvl 8. An upgrade this turn ought to sort things out, but wary of kicking the can down the road I'm sure I need to make better use of my battlefleets. Offensive operations can't be delayed any longer.

In Quikil I'm almost ready to clear out the last of the Abiddon colonies - II and VIII can simply be razed, and I'm hoping V can be conquered without the need for a siege. With Quikil out of the way I'm hoping I can move right on to Decatur with no significant refits. Likewise Hesperos will need to be secured as soon as the fleet is assembled.

Only problem is, that Cue Cappa battlegroup I thought was anchored in Cribit has turned up in Hesperos. On the one hand this means I don't need to raid Cribit. On the other hand, I can only conduct one planetstrike there with a ship from the battlefleet reserve, not two. I hope the Cue Cappa don't intend to do more than threaten Hesperos. Battlefleet Blue will be able to give battle, but only in a few turn's time when the refits are finished

FF8 (PS1) - Collected Energy Crystals and got Rinoa's and Quistis' final weapons. Now I'm trying to get some Dragon Fangs so I can get Squall's Lionheart next. (edit: Got it! Aiming to get Selphie's, Irvine's and Zell's final weapons next.)

Last edited:
Still playing Crystal a few minutes a day. Slow going, obs. Made it through Ilex Forest and am now levelling outside of Goldenrod in preparation for Whitney's gym. That cop right outside town really did a number on my half-dead party with his one single Growlithe too. Barely won that fight, and then there was one more trainer between me and town and I was like aaaaaaa. I still made it through fine though, albeit down to one pokemon with like 15 HP left.

Spider-Man (Ps4)
Got quite a bit done in the main story. I just started it but I'm probably half way done judging by the collectibles that keep appearing are almost complete..

Back
Top Bottom