• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

MH Gen Ultimate, completed the story mode in Prowler mode. That final battle against Valstrax was awesome, although the surrounding narrative scraps were still lacking and my cat might have been a little over-geared (the cat's Lv.50, but you have to beat Nakarkos in the Hub to break the previous, Lv.35 limit). Of course, spending half the battle with severe dragonblight kind of compensates for a weapon that might be a little strong....

Oh and why did the new high-rank monsters (save Valstrax) not have debut cutscenes like the low-rank monsters did? Yes the cutscenes pale in comparison to both MHW and MH4U, but at least they had them.

After that, we got into G-Rank. Defeating Diablos for the urgent to unlock it was, well, crazy. That thing was hitting a bit harder than the one in post-story-mode.

Now to start grinding that lovely G-rank gear ... this time around, even cats get G-rank gear.

Pokémon Ultra Sun

Finally caught my shiny Stunfisk from the Ultra Space Wilds!
105BBB61-33BC-4AF9-A594-6F70A50657D9.jpeg
67D5AC9F-5F61-4B5E-933B-FD67DAB49E10.jpeg

Maybe I’ll rematch the Pokémon League next, and then try to complete my Alola Pokédex.

MHGU: My main cat is now outfitted with G-rank Glavenus gear. I don't even have the clearance to hunt G-rank Glavenus properly, but that's the fun of event quests: all I had to do (for this Prowler quest) was chop off that tail. Which I did, solo, not even taking any Palicoes alongside me. Between the Acorns and Far-cat-ster, not too hard at all! (The hardest part was waiting for Glavenus to heat up his tail, because that's the only time you can finish breaking it.)

Bahamut cat, meanwhile, is currently rocking full Valstrax gear (high-rank).

Space Empires V: Nice healthy looking finances, enough to pay for an upgrade of Battlefleet Red and a few extra ships here and there. Even so I'm pressing on with expansion - significantly Battlefleet Blue (Siege) ought to be ready to get rid of the colony on Hesperos II next turn. Strangely that Cue Cappa fleet in Hesperos has either carried on to Castor or has headed back to Eridani. Either way I'm going to begin poking holes in Cribit's defences next turn

Crash Bandicoot Warped: Got the crystals from all 25 main stages and beat Cortex, and now it's gathering up the relics to open up the bonus stages. I've got 20 of 'em already. Mostly golds since I got the speed shoes from Cortex, but with a few platinums from the easier stages, and some sapphires from the trickier ones.

Minecraft: Finished off that smelting basement in my house, it's all set up with some hoppers attached to a few chests, so I can just throw everything I need smelted into one chest, all the coal it'll need in another, and it'll just run by itself until it runs out of either fuel or ore and I can just pick up all the output when I come back from doing whatever else I was doing. I'm now working on a... Well... "Barn" is a strong word for what essentially just amounts to a hallway with some pens coming off from the sides, but I'm making one of those for my animals. One of the goals is making a rainbow of sheep so I don't have to burn through a bunch of dye every time I wanna do something with wool. I've made most colours with a combination of a few dyes and mostly breeding, but if I want more colours I'm gonna need to find a desert and/or jungle.

I finished EarthBound Beginnings over the weekend. It's not a good game, I'm pretty disappointed that I bought it, but oh well. At least I can say I've played all the Mother games now.

I'm just finishing up some odds and ends in Omega Ruby but will probably be picking up Turok 2: Seeds of Evil on GBC next. It's an old childhood game of mine so it will be interesting to revisit.

Minecraft (Wii U)

So I logged into my own account for the first time in forever/since the latest update and decided to start a new Survival Mode world. I spawned in a jungle and soon found a mountain surrounded by water and sandy beaches, so I began to build a crappy little shack/observation deck at the very summit out of dirt and jungle planks. Unfortunately, after dying a couple times due to falling and a surprise Skeleton from the trees, I realized that I lost a full stack of sand that I’d gathered from the cliffs somewhere along the way. Darn. I did destroy a Drowned pretty easily, though I got a little poisoned from eating its Rotten Flesh. Anyways, I’ll have to collect more sand if I want to make enough glass for the underwater house I’m planning.

Minecraft: Made the map, zoomed it out to max, and just started to explore the surrounding area. I've covered about 2/3 of it, found a few dark forests that're worth properly exploring later (since they're just off the edge of the map because of course they are), 4 villages in addition to the one I set up my house next to (only one of which actually had a damn blacksmith's shop, but it had a saddle and diamond horse armour, so I can't actually complain that much), and a beach with some turtles. I bred a couple of the turtles, set up a fence around the eggs, and set up shop until the hatch, 'cuz apparently when the babies grow up they'll drop an item I can use to basically make a diving helmet. So, now I'm just waiting for the eggs to hatch in an apparently random process. So that's fun.

Minecraft

I went exploring around my new world, now dubbed “Paradise Mountain,” and OMG I discovered SEA PICKLES. I’ve collected just 7 of the beauties so far, but they’ll definitely be prominent as both a decorative and functional element of my future underwater house, for which I’ve begun smelting a bunch of glass in preparation.

Finally had more time to progress through FE Thracia 776, currently on chapter 17A. Another difficult chapter of course but still a fun one too, mainly cause Misha can be recruited (admittedly I sometimes forget you have to put her asleep to be able to dismount her) and Sara too of course.

Animal Crossing- New Leaf. I built a hammock for the campsite.

Crash Bandicoot Warped: Got all the relics, though for some strange reason the pause screen says there's still 3 I haven't gotten. Naturally I've ignored Future Tense, but all the other levels have been relieved of their relics, so I don't know what happened there. Anyway, I've now moved on to the gems. I've gotten all 5 coloured gems, so now it's just a case of getting all the clear ones. I'm not keeping total track, but I think I'm maybe half way? All I know is that when I saved the file said 80-something percent.

Breath of the Wild: Got my Sheikah Slate fixed, so now I'm able to take pictures, won't that be fun? After much death and swearing, I first managed to beat a moderate, and then major test of strength, all with only 4 hearts, so that's cool. Also, motion controls should burn in the pits of hell, and the Hateno Village shrine has only reinforced this opinion.

MHGU: I have now reached HR10, aka G2 rank. In the meantime, my cat has cleared every G1 quest (additionally slaying every optional monster that appeared on the map).

The Internet seems to have some delusion that Prowlers got statistically nerfed hard since the original MH Generations, but I'm just not seeing it. (It does help my cat is outfitted in top tier G-rank gear, the F Glavenus X set)

Crash Bandicoot Warped: I'm now at 104%, so I'd say this one's all done. Minus Future Tense but, eh, screw it.

Breath of the Wild: I got my first memory back, the one at Mt. Lanayru. I was going to try climbing some ways up the mountain to see if there wasn't anything cool I could find, but that Lynel had other ideas, so I just left. I don't think I would've been able to do much anyway, because when I tried climbing from the other direction it got so cold that my meals wouldn't keep me warm enough. So I went back to Impa, got my shirt, and now that all my sidequests are done, I suppose I might as well start on that whole "Saving Hyrule" thing everyone seems to be going on about.

Now on chapter 20 of FE Thracia 776, I have Miranda, Shannam, Xavier, Amalda, and Conomor recruited from previous chapters (with some I needed to retry again due to losing a unit and I don't like losing characters if I can help it). Gonna have Lara steal the Tordo Scroll from the boss, and I'll be getting a sweet Silence Staff on this map.

Back
Top Bottom