• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Lately I’ve been playing Fallout 3. I’ve found myself doing a Small Guns/Repair build, so I stick to good old-fashioned rifles and then scrounge my enemies for their rifles to feed into my own so they stay in good condition. I’m nearing 100 in both of those skills though, so now I can experiment some more. Maybe Speech? Anyway, the game is ridiculously fun and addictive in a weird way.

Yesterday I also beat Yume Nikki for the second time, this time on the Steam version that came out early this year. I just wanted to compare it to the fan translation that I know best, but it ended up becoming a full second play-through cuz I love that game so much. I even saw some things this time I’d never done in my first play-through, like the infamous Uboa!

I have once again finished my continuous replay of FE Thracia 776, now I'm doing a replay of Final Fantasy IX which I started earlier (in celebration for multiple FF games coming to the Switch, still salty my fav FFVIII isn't one of them tho). Can't wait to get invested in Zidane and co. again.

Oh, so the indie platformer La Mulana got a sequel this year? And Steam was offering bundle AND a sale (meaning I could pick up both for roughly half price) ? Well, that was an impulse purchase for sure, but it's been a LONG time since the last time I played this so I've probably forgotten quite a bit. Now let's see if I can do it without a guide....
By now, I'm about halfway through the game and progress is SLOW. The first four major bosses are easy enough to unlock -- most of the puzzles are contained in their respective dungeons. But the last four ... egad.

Did I mention Ellmac was a total wall? His fire breath is tricky enough to dodge, but his dash attack has NO cue when he's going to do it. Bahamut was a semi-wall, at least until I found the axe -- his pattern is actually pretty easy once you figure it out.

Thankfully, I have the ability to warp to front OR back halves of areas now. Kinda stuck with the Chamber of Extinction, though -- doesn't seen to be any puzzles left I can solve and I haven't found any way into its opposite side (Chamber of Birth) -- which, come to think of it, simply must be entered via a different area.

Where's the clue hinting at answer to the second tier of Endless Corridor? I've already solved it on account of remembering the answer from the first time, but where's the tablet you read for the hints?

Also, is there a way to get a specific color of fairy because I need there's a treasure down in Gate of Illusion that I need to have the correct (key) fairy for. Pink fairy heals you, blue fairy uses subweapons, what does the green one do again?

Now's the time when I wish all map systems had the ability to pin your own notes on them (like in Breath of the Wild, or Samus Returns). Maybe there's another wall seal I can break somewhere. Or maybe it's time to take on the Labyrinth now that I have it unlocked (which is somewhat of a sequence break given that Endless Corridor puzzle)....

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones: After recently finishing a replay of FE: Awakening, I decided to play another FE title and ended up choosing SS of the two GBA titles that I own. Just finished chapter 9 so far - choosing Eirika's route first time around - and have found myself even more engaged in the game than I thought I'd be.

Last edited:
Space Empires V: The attack on Quikil IV didn't go quite so well as planned. Somehow I managed to lose HMS Melicertes and Zhurong - down to the Abiddon's habit of using shield imploders, I think. This means I'm going to have to reinforce before the attack on Quikil II, unfortunately. But Hesperos is now under control, and Battlefleet Blue (Dexter) is in position to make a foray into the Castor system. It's a risk, but the battlefleet is the largest single formation I have and is state-of-the-art.

It's clear I'm going to need to upgrade my orbital docks for better repair bays - mass refits are just taking too long. Introducing the E-Series Engineering Vessel to help push along the work is going to help, but I don't particularly want to try and solve every problem by building ships. I'll be wanting to upgrade to Level 5 quantum engines soon, and that's going to be a big project

Just finished my first playthrough of Mana Khemia: Student Alliance on my PS Vita. Man, what an epic final battle! I got Jessica's ending since she's my favorite, and I'm gonna try for Anna's ending next, since she's my second favorite.

Well, I cleared the roadblock that was stalling my progress in La-Mulana. We've now reached peak metroidvania.
Okay, so it turns out that all you need to access the boss of the Inferno Cavern is to get there from the Tower of Ruin and I was just overlooking a switch that you had to throw spears at from above. Naturlly, I died like a dozen times to the boss Viy.

Area 6 (Chamber of Extinction) is the most metroidvania of any area in the game; you can enter it early but can't really do anything until you've beaten Viy, which (1) drops you down into an isolated corner of it that contains its own boss room (albeit locked behind more puzzles), and (2) opens a door back on the Surface that leads you into the Tower of the Goddess. Which is a righteous pain to climb, but at least the remake puts the checkpoint at the top of the climb instead of the middle, making return trips FAR less stressful.

I thought I'd hit another wall when I saw one puzzle that clearly requires the Lamp of Time to solve, but apparently I just needed to find the second secret passage to pour water into the tower. A few puzzles later and I've opened the passages to the isolated sections of the Gate of Illusion and Graveyard of the Giants. The midboss in the former isn't there yet, but it gave me time to hit a switch to open a nearby ladder -- suddenly that hint about "oh great bird, grant us mercy / Will crushing that hand grant us mercy?" makes sense now, because that room has EXTREMELY precarious footing and if you fall, it's a LONG trip back through the Tower to make another go (even longer in the original due to where exactly the checkpoint was) at the midboss.

In the meantime, I solved all the puzzles in the Twin Labyrinths (still technically sequence-breaking, but whatever) and have certainly unlocked its boss by now. It is on the "almost endgame" side of the metroidvania curve, in that once you've unlocked it, everything you need to reach the boss is inside the dungeon itself (your abilities permitting). And then area 8 is about as self-contained as that march through Lower Norfair near the end of Super Metroid (Area 8 is mostly just a boss rush, really).

Next objectives on the list are to get the Bombs (have to defeat a miniboss to get it), and any/everything in the Chamber of Birth -- one entrance picks up some key items for later, another entrance has the checkpoint and everything needed to unlock the unexpected-shmup boss that is Palenque.
Oh, and I finally figured out how the green fairy works: every time you break a pot or defeat an enemy, it WILL drop something, and usually cash. I've had to grind for gold a few times and it wasn't fun, but now any future money problems are solved.

In other news, apparently my mom picked up a PS4 Pro (Spider-Man edition) so she asked me to play it. It took about 10 minutes for a system update then about 40 minutes for the game install ... *sigh* I'm ALREADY missing the days when consoles could run physical games straight off the media....
During that time, I showed her the final two levels in DuckTales Remastered (which I haven't played in quite awhile).

As for Spider-man, it probably took about 30 minutes to complete the prologue level -- MAN that was long. Insomniac did a very nice job transitioning between gameplay and cinematics, however, and despite the button prompts during a few cinematics, it quickly became clear which prompts were "wait for it" and which prompts were "mash it!"

Last edited:
Hitting another progress wall in La-Mulana. Have to take a break to recharge my mental batteries ... (still haven't consulted the Internet though!)
I'd forgotten about those teleporters in the Chamber of Birth. Now we've acquired the woman statue, completed its little chain of events to get the Philosopher's Ocarina (of which we've found three). But, naturally, we're stuck again. I haven't unlocked the ankh to actually summon Palenque for the boss battle, nor have I made it to the Chamber of Birth checkpoint. (I did get the Map though!) Not to mention I need the "golden key" from the midboss Skanda, but I haven't found how to access him yet (despite some sequence breaks, like knowing where to do the "dance of life" earlier than I have the proper clue for).

Right now, everything seems to hinge on finding the "Crystal Skull" artifact which primarily unlocks the entrance to Tiamat's domain (the Dimensional Corridor) but is also needed to solve at least two more puzzles in Chamber of Birth.

Last edited:
Pokémon Ultra Sun

After a long hiatus, I went ahead and had a Title Defense match against Plumeria. Turns out my slightly underleveled shiny Stunfisk did really well against both Toxapex and Salazzle, even without a Ground type move (but with a Roto HP Restore thrown in). Then I started the Rainbow Rocket episode. Just finished the Faba battle, in which my Glalie whittled his way through Faba’s Psychic-types before allowing Dhelmise to take over and stomp the Employee’s team into the ground. Fun stuff.

Oh yeah, and I caught Tapu Fini before the Rocket thing. That too.

Pokémon Ultra Moon, Style Savvy Styling Star, Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology, The Alliance Alive.
I jump between them.

Back
Top Bottom