• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

I cannot put Fallout 3 down, it’s so stupidly fun. I don’t get it! The shooting is bad, the dialog is cheesy, and I regularly get subjected to glitches and crashes, but something about the game is addicting. Maybe the appeal is seeing how this first-person open-world game with guns can still unquestionably be an RPG.

However, it’s October, so I need to play some spooky games. Tonight I’ll start either Doom 3, Resident Evil: Revelations, or Silent Hill 3.

Welp, after several hours of fruitless wandering (not aimless, just fruitless) I gave up and had to consult a guide in La Mulana. Naturally, I might have read more than I needed to, but most of it was stuff I'd already done, so....
Turns out there were TWO roadblocks to my progress. First, I'd completely forgotten about how the Endless Corridor connects to an isolated room in the Shrine of the Mother and how talking to one of the Philosophers (which I'd already done) unlocks it. THAT's where you find the final wall seal (the Death seal) plus the final rosetta stone needed to translate the very ancient glyphs found in the game's latter half.

But the bigger problem was the room was blocked by piles of skulls so I couldn't actually DO anything while there. Turns out I never actually found the "Big Brother's shop" in the Twin Labyrinths, which sells the "Dragon Bone" artifact needed to remove said obstacles from the Shrine. Apparently the way to unlock it is you have to buy things at Little Brother's ship until he declares you a valued customer and unlocks his brother's shop. Knowing my playstyle, I'd never have figured that out on my own!

The Dragon Bone is also needed for a series of MacGuffin checkpoints in the Chamber of Birth, (presumably) on the path to the midboss Skalda, which gives me the item I need to unlock the Palenque boss battle, plus several relatively isolated sections of the ruins.

Will be continuing Persona 3 Portable soon! I'm currently just before the Golden Week in May 2009.

@henrymidfields; Personally I think Persona 3 is leaps and bounds better than 4, so let me know how it goes for you! That game is like magic to me.

As for me, I started Doom 3 as I said I would. I should mention I’m playing the BFG Edition, which allows you to use a flashlight and a weapon at the same time. I’ve said before how silly I find it when a video game’s idea of “the dead of the night” just looks like a mild overcast, but the darkness in Doom 3 is actually pitch-black, and there’s a lot of it. You can very easily find yourself in a spot where you can’t see a single thing except some glowy parts on your weapon, it’s nuts. That said, I can’t imagine how frustrating it must have been to play the original version where you have to switch between your flashlight or your weapons. Not interested in playing that version, thanks.

Minecraft

I built a Stone Ax and took some swings at a shipwreck near my mountain, where I dropped and subsequently reclaimed a bunch of items, and got some neat treasures, including Carrots, enchanted Leggings, and a Clock. I also died a bunch of times. Perhaps I shouldn’t have tried to fight a Witch unarmed.

Space Empires V: Finally getting some movement going with the fleets - Quikil is still stalled by the need to reinforce, but in Cribit I've moved the siege fleets in to start poking holes in the defences, starting with a planetstrike on Cribit XII next turn. In Hesperos Battlefleet Blue won a crushing victory over that Abiddon fleet I've been eyeing for so many turns. The destroyer HMS Sirocco and cruiser HMS Pellucida took the worst of the enemy fire and will need to be replaced, but I can put up with that. With a little scouting I've found the other major Abiddon fleet at anchor in neighbouring Gergan. Three battleships is a thorny prospect, but I'm wondering whether attacking with volleys of ordnance at maximum range would work.

Long-term construction plans are to strengthen the defences around the warp points, now I can afford the upkeep. New quantum engines next turn means some major redesigns, but I'll hold off refits till the orbital docks can be upgraded

Detroit Become Human (PS4) - FINALLY had the time to sit down and start this one! Loving it so far and Im still pretty early in.

Maple Story 2 - Decided to try and relive some nostalgia with this one and surprisingly Im having a good time. Im a level 16 wizard right now.

Heading back in to Undertale one more time ... this time seeking things I haven't seen before. Like what the dogs say if you end their battle using the Stick (Doggo's response was hilarious). I also actually defeated Glyde this time. Next on the list is So Sorry, the rarest monster in that you can literally only encounter him one day a year -- which just happens to be coming up this week (Wednesday, I think?) .

Also, gave the Mega Man 11 demo another shot. Man, that level feels long. Block Man was full of surprises, too. Had to set the difficulty from "normal" to "casual" (more checkpoints and lives) but by then I had most of the stage already figured out, and was able to spend a lot more time learning Block Man's patterns. Eventually, he went down.

Last edited:
Animal Crossing- New Leaf. Collecting candy for Halloween.

Last night I started up Undertale and made it to Hotland in time for "art club" in the hidden room -- i.e. ran right into the rare monster "So Sorry". Fun fight, not necessarily difficult (which is fitting for an enemy that appears literally ONLY ONE DAY PER YEAR) but he did hit a bit harder than I was expecting. Afterwards, I made a backup copy of my save and kept restarting, ultimately determining that you don't need to be there are 8PM sharp, just any time during the 8:00 hour. (Apparently the "8PM" requirement was dropped on the Switch version?)

Last edited:
Radiant Historia- Perfect Chronology. I'm working on more alternate history chapters.

Back
Top Bottom