• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Space Empires V: Things are beginning to gather pace now. A quick scout into Decatur via Quikil shows an odd picture - two homeworlds heavily fortified, but Decatur III and IV are woefully underdefended. Since it'll take at least four turns for Battlefleet Green (Siege) to be ready to raze Quikil II, I've ordered the fleet in to deal with Decatur now. Not much move on Cribit, but the planetstrike has happened, and Battlefleet Green (Vanguard) is on-station to attack any large Cue Cappa fleet.

Hesperos is the oddest situation. That major Abiddon fleet in Gergan is gone, for some reason, which at least allows Battefleet Blue to attack some targets of opportunity till it turns up again. Certainly the siege groups have started work, with Castor VI destroyed and VII about to be hit with a planetstrike. Neighbouring Spica has too many underdefended planets to ignore, so I'm bringing in HMS Lazar, Arachneon, and Fenrir to take advantage of that now.

I'm changing my strategy somewhat, in any case. Rather than just using AUTO-Siege drones as auxiliary to the siege battlegroups, I'm beginning construction on independent squadrons to attack targets of opportunity that don't need to be integrated into any wider strategy. The idea to keep the pressure on even when the logistics of fielding the main fleet mean they have to lie at anchor for a while

I beat Doom 3, it might be the world’s most generic dimly-lit claustrophobic hallway shooter, but it was mostly fun and Doom is a heavy influence on those kinds of games anyway, so I think this one gets a pass.

Now I’m playing Silent Hill 3, in the past few days I’ve made it to the Nightmare part of the office building dungeon. At this point in the game I still like the second game more, but these are probably the best monster designs in the series yet, combat is better, and Heather is cool. The dirty toilet gag actually made me laugh (it’s funnier than it sounds).

Finished Yoshi's Island so I've picked up Zelda Wind Waker on Wii U. Pretty fun so far, only my 5th Zelda game total. I'm in the Dragon Roost dungeon right now.

2018 Finished Game List
New Games Beat in 2018:

1. Castlevania: Dracula X (3DS) - 2.15
2. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS) - 3.8
3. Xenoblade Chroincles X (Wii U) - 3.10
4. Metal Slug (PS2) - 3.31
5. Super Mario RPG (SNESc) - 4.20
6. Super Metroid (SNESc) - 4.27
7. Paper Mario: Color Splash (Wii U) - 6.8
8. Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PS2) - 6.26
9. Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts (PS2) - 6.27
10. (10). Mega Man X (SNESc) - 7.20
11. Yu-Gi-Oh! Ultimate Masters: World Championship Tournament 2006 (GBA) - 7.30
12. Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS) - 8.7
13. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) - 8.14
14. Pokemon: Omega Ruby (3DS) - 9.14
15. EarthBound Beginnings (Wii U) - 9.15
16. Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (GBC) - 9.22
17. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNESc) - 10.10

Games Replayed in 2018
Pokemon: Crystal Version (3DS) - 4.14
Earthbound (SNESc) - 8.1

Now I’m playing Silent Hill 3, in the past few days I’ve made it to the Nightmare part of the office building dungeon. At this point in the game I still like the second game more, but these are probably the best monster designs in the series yet, combat is better, and Heather is cool. The dirty toilet gag actually made me laugh (it’s funnier than it sounds).

I love Silent Hill 3, the hospital was the part that really freaked me out. I had play SH 2, 4 and 1 before and so I thought I could beat SH3 on hard mode. That was a big mistake on my part haha, that game kicked my butt. I couldn't get into SH3's story that much, but the horror and setpieces in that game are top notch.

@TeaWaah ; Sounds like your assessment is similar to mine, I super don’t care about the spooky cult stuff in Silent Hill, I think it’s best when it just analyzes people by tormenting them, the way James and Eddie and Angela were. So far the third game is just Halloweentime fun to me, but maybe that’ll change.

Is this your first time playing Wind Waker? I love that game, it’s the only Zelda game I have childhood nostalgia for, but I played it later in life and still was enchanted by it. Probably my second-favorite Zelda game, second only to Majora’s Mask. Wind Waker has by far the easiest dungeons in the series but I don’t care cuz it’s so whimsical and fun.

A few of my favorite cats in MHGU have reached Lv.60 (out of a Lv.75 cap). In the meantime, I switched back to my hunter and finished crafting the Najarala X gear (one of my favorite designs). +Talisman and gems for extra trapping skills. In other news, I finished crating the Kecha X set, and gemmed it up for defensive skills (Guard Up and Water Res).

@TeaWaah ; Sounds like your assessment is similar to mine, I super don’t care about the spooky cult stuff in Silent Hill, I think it’s best when it just analyzes people by tormenting them, the way James and Eddie and Angela were. So far the third game is just Halloweentime fun to me, but maybe that’ll change.

Is this your first time playing Wind Waker? I love that game, it’s the only Zelda game I have childhood nostalgia for, but I played it later in life and still was enchanted by it. Probably my second-favorite Zelda game, second only to Majora’s Mask. Wind Waker has by far the easiest dungeons in the series but I don’t care cuz it’s so whimsical and fun.

Yeah exactly. Silent Hill 2 is my favorite game of all time, and I definitely prefer 2 and 4's more interesting storyline compared to 1 and 3. Just the idea of killing a cult's "God" sounds really cliche and "video-gamey" to me.

Yep, it's my first time! Never had a GameCube growing up, and I got the HD version on Wii U for Christmas last year. I've been enjoying it so far, especially the music and gameplay, even if it is a little easy :)

Been playing a lot of Splatoon 2, if any of you lot on Team Treat want to go full syncronisation for Splatoween/a future Splatfest, let me know.

also finished Celeste a while ago its a pretty good gane too

Still playing Wind Waker HD! Here's where I am so far.

I'm at about 10 hearts, have the fast sail and cyclone teleportation, maxed bombs, 60 arrows and 1000 Rupee capacity. Just cleared the forsaken fortress for the second time and went back to Hyrule with Tetra. Now that I have the hammer I'm going to try to do some additional sidequests, will probably stop by Tingle Tower next

Well, with a bit of refinement we repelled (not slew) Lao-Shan Lung in Monster Hunter Gen U. We're G3 and can hunt all the fun monsters now (Zinogre, Yian Garuga, Fated Four, etc). Didn't get any interesting materials in the rewards, but it was enough to craft a full set of Lao-Shan Palico gear. We'll definitely go back sometime as a hunter to kill it for real.

Narratively, there was a report of some ... giant ... thing attacking a different fortress (we do know what it is already, no thanks Internet, but whatever) and for once it actually had a well-done expository illustration to go along with it.

On a sidenote, we could already hunt Garuga and Glavenus, just unofficially (Garuga is an intruder in a G2 Prowler quest, and there's an event Prowler quest featuring Glavenus).

Been participatingin Splatoon 2's Splatoween celebrations, and it was pretty enjoyable seeing the stages all prettied up (in addition to the whole night-time thing), the battle intros were things of beauty, the Splatfest-specific stage was pretty neat, and I even managed to win a few of those new-fangled X10 Battles, and even one of those rare, elusive X100 battles, so all-in-all, it was a fun time.

Space Empires V: not an actual turn this time, but I did decide to tinker with my Phoenix-class Battleship design. I've tried to redesign it as a force multiplier, something that can act as flagship to the siege fleets. I'm thinking that an emphasis on smart bombs (Cargo) to specifically target weapon platforms is what is needed to break these fortress planets I keep having to commit huge amount of time to battering down.

I'm thinking about getting rid of the repulsor beam as redundant, since all the accompanying Vulture-class cruisers will have them anyway. The twin heavy weapon phase accelerators in the prow might be a case of trying to be too clever ... they take up 120kt's worth of space between them, enough to double the weight of bombs were I to remove them

Taking a break from MHGU after the world's worst Kirin hunt. Yes it was G-rank but I'd already hunted a few, and it is nowhere NEAR normal for a Prowler to get carted (actually carted, including acorns) in just five minutes.

Space Empires V: Decatur IV is a tougher prospect than I first thought. Somehow Battlefleet Green (Siege) still has Heron-class light cruisers supporting the cruisers rather than the Harrier-class. For now I've ordered a withdrawal rather than put back the Quikil timetable with building yet more reinforcements. Battlefleet Green (Sinister) dealt with Decatur III easily, so not a complete waste.

In the Hesperos fleet zone things are going reasonably well. Battlefleet Blue (Siege) dealt with Castor I with the loss of HMS Galatea. It's a shame, but not a huge problem. I think I shall bring the siege fleet back to the docks for a lightning refit, literally throw all the repair capacity behind the effort. The planetstrike on Castor VII went well, though it'll require another turn of fighting before the planet is mine. That Eee battlefleet is, no surprises, headed for Hesperos, but when it warps into-system it'll be met with the massed guns of the entirety of Battlefleet Blue.

I've found two of those missing fleets. The Abiddon fleet is in Spica, for some reason, while the Cue Cappa are in Gergan. The best thing to do, I suspect, would be to bring Battlefleet Blue into Castor and wait for the right opportunity. With a bit of luck it might be possible to suddenly smash one fleet without having to chase it too far

Back
Top Bottom