• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

More of Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. The dragon boss of the Volcano was VERY impressive visually. There were a few surprises getting out of there, but when all was said and done it appears the dragon's firebreath and flying ability have limits and cooldowns -- until you get a powerup that makes them unlimited.

Then I got stuck in the haunted manor for like 2 hours. AGAIN because I missed something obvious, namely an uncharted tile on my map that just so happened to contain the item I needed to progress. Many puzzles later we fought the boss, which was entertaining firstly because you have to solve a small puzzle to even initiate the fight (and the solution is hilarious).
Plus, halfway through the fight the boss goes full shmup on you.
Unfortunately now I am stuck, because although I got the quest item needed to proceed, the NPC I'm supposed to return it to (to progress) isn't reacting, he's just giving me the same lines he did when I last met him. Grr.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, got a few more FE spirits! So far I've just gotten Julius (so happy!), Gharnef, young Alm & Celica, Mist, Elincia, Barst & Bord & Cord, and Gangrel (out of all Awakening characters why him lol). Leif is still evading me though, next time I'll get him for sure! Also got a few other spirits with some being the fighters themselves of course.

Rune Factory 4. Trying to defeat the boss in the Water Ruins.

I have to put Monster Boy down for a while. Seems like I can't progress any further because my save file may have legitimately glitched. Not cool, but at least the developers are already on it.

In the meantime, time for some Smash Bros I guess? We beat Classic Mode using all eight of the original characters. Then we started adventure mode -- oh, and apparently this is like Brawl where unlocking characters in Adventure mode unlocks them overall (i.e. no "Challenger Approaching!" screen for Marth). I can honestly say I wasn't expecting either Link's or Kirby's final boss. Highest final intensity so far is 8.3 (with Mario) followed closely by Pikachu (8.0) and Yoshi (7+).

I've been playing Far Cry 4 lately. It's been fun, more of the same compared to Far Cry 3 which is both good and not so good. Enjoying my time so far though.

I've also been replaying Final Fantasy X! <3 I love this game, it feels good to play it again. I should probably put it aside though until I can dedicate my full attention to it.

We've now beaten Classic mode in Smash bros Ultimate with 16 characters (including 11 of the original 12, sorry Luigi). Zelda had an easier time with her final boss than Link did (i.e. teleport move), and Bowser is still positively a tank. Did I mention I absolutely love the new main theme?

Recently played as Inkling in a 1-on-1 match against a Simon main, possibly the toughest PVP battle in Smash I have won, that and possibly against Ridley as well.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, got a few more spirits and did some more World of Light stuff. Currently leveling up my Shantae spirit after getting my Raven, Sigurd, and Seliph spirits to 99 already.

Classic Mode in SSB is now beaten with 24 characters. Falco managed to defeat Master AND Crazy Hand without dying. Kinda missing some of the other more unique bosses at the moment, though. Latest newcomer is the Ice Climbers.

Had one match in Adventure mode, I forget which spirit it was but it's the one where after about 30 seconds both you and the opponent get set to 999% damage. I'm not exactly sure what happened next but it was a mutual launch (off the top) and the opponent just happened to get KO before I did.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, did some more Spirit Board and World of Light stuff again. Went back into Classic Mode to finish it off with the last three characters I need to complete with (Isabelle, Ken, and Mega Man). My highest is still Cloud with up to 8.9, gotta fix that sometime later.

Space Empires V: Goldrush is almost ready to continue - the last two Harrier-class planetary assault ships will join the fleet next turn, in which case I may well make an attempt at cracking Castor VIII immediately. I may attack one of the other colonies first, since a new Condor-class battleship is due to be finished at the Anvard yards. Likewise in Cribit I think I shall assault Cribit VII and VIII, to keep the ball rolling while I decide how to deal with II and XII. The good news is that Eridani is pretty much overrun.

I hope that the Cue Cappa squadron in Cribit will try and warp through to Eridani, because they'll come face-to-face with the guns of Battlefleet Green (Vanguard), which ought to remove the threat of a dreadnought rather neatly.

The battlefleets will need some reorganising in general, I think, but for the time being I've ordered a parcel of battleships to reinforce the main fleets anyway

I think I need a break from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate after failing to defeat Rayman (Sonic and Sukapon) in adventure mode -- to the point of an actual ragequit.

Guess it's time for some Monster Hunter then? I need to farm Ukanlos and Kushala back in 4U for parts.

... Or, maybe I shouldn't necessarily have gone after that HR8 Akantor (the one in perma-rage mode)....

Last edited:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, got another FE spirit! Wrys from Shadow Dragon to be specific, and I'm still trying to get Leif but he hasn't shown up again yet. Also got spirits from Golden Sun, mainly Ivan, Mia, Felix, Jenna, and Matthew so far (still wish Isaac was a fighter though). Did some more World of Light as well.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia replay, beat Duma yet again. Now going into Thabes Labyrinth again with a few characters I haven't used for it yet, specifically Boey, Tobin, Faye, and Atlas.

Animal Crossing- New Leaf. My town looks really pretty with snow.

Smash Ultimate: Took a break of WoL to just play some standard games. Classic mode, Smash Mode, that kinda stuff. It felt good to just play standard games rather than going any further in WoL. The more I play it the more it just feels like a chore I'm doing just to finish.

New Gundam Breaker: Started on Chinatsu's story, and made a new suit for myself: The Unicorn Pegasus. It's pretty much just 80% Unicorn Phenex plus a few standard Unicorn pieces in a custom colour scheme.

(That post is literally impossible to read with the "Bulbagarden Classic" theme.)

Anyway, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom got patched, so I am able to make progress again. Got stumped a few times, but that's par for the course and we've made it to the final dungeon.

My Hero One's Justice, doing more online battles though this time I've been using Ochako Uraraka more on it. I've also been using the monotone and hero school uniform alt costumes for the student characters lately.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, doing more Spirit Board stuff. Almost got Leo, I have a feeling he's going to be like the Leif spirit and make it a challenge for me to wait for his reappearance and try beating the fight lol.

Smash Ultimate: Took a break of WoL to just play some standard games. Classic mode, Smash Mode, that kinda stuff. It felt good to just play standard games rather than going any further in WoL. The more I play it the more it just feels like a chore I'm doing just to finish.

I feel the same about it too. I'm just getting bored of it now even though I've been playing WoL in short bursts, I most likely won't bother to complete it since I'd be forcing myself just to get through it. I don't even care about the spirits only gotten from that mode either since I'm really only going after certain ones, which most of the ones I want I can get through Spirit Board, Classic Mode, and the shop anyway.

Back
Top Bottom