• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Space Empires V: Operation Goldrush is entering the final phases now. With Castor IV dealt with, only Castor VIII remains. Since it's such a ridiculous fortress, I'm going to divert Battlefleet Green (Siege) to deal with Eridani III first. Iridia needs some serious infrastructure, some of which I can capture, but it's going to be a long time before the system is properly secure.

The siege on Cribit is beginning to wind down, too. A new squadron of siege drones arrived from Coseflame ought to move along any attacks once the siege fleet is ready - it almost doesn't matter where I attack, so it might as well be Cribit XII first. Eridani will be ready for colonies soon, as well, now I've moved some satellites to the Eridani-Quilktrin warp, along with Battlefleet Green (Vanguard).

Liam made the mistake of moving thirty ships to the Tarquin-Regotha warp. It's not quite the juiciest prize - three Cardinal-class battleships are still docked nearby - but it was good enough to warp most of Battlefleet Red (Dexter) through. A reasonable kill ratio: 27 Sovereignty destroyers and 2 cruisers destroyed, for a loss of HMS Funky Monkey and Nonpareil. The attack used a truly vast amount of munitions, enough for me to redesign the new O-Series Fleet Support Vessel to compensate

Final Fantasy X

Beat the game pretty easily thanks to all the AP grinding I did in the monster arena. Got all the celestial weapons except for Lulu's (because fuck that lightning dodging crap). I'll have to get it eventually though. I also have everyone's perfect armor now except for adding Ribbon

I've been min/maxing stats right now. I've laid down enough spheres for every stat except luck and magic now. Luck spheres are going to be such a pain to grind for so I'm looking forward the least to that. Once that's done it'll be the Dark Aeons!

I also started some Stardew Valley :)

Gotten a little tired of Smash for now, so I need something chill.

Like Skyrim. That's pretty chill, right?
Picking up with my mage character on Solstheim, maybe I shouldn't be using "Wall of" spells so often because while fighting off a Lurker after cleansing one of the island's stones I probably tagged a named (and apparently essential) NPC with it ... i.e. 40 bounty for assault. Getting away from the NPCs was easy enough, but it kind of complicated things when I fast-traveled back to Raven Rock to cleanse their local stone and defeat the two Lurkers. Sigh ... there goes his otherwise spotless lifetime bounty. But at least that's resolved now.

Of course, there's also Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. We just completely rocked a Desert Seltas Queen hunt, trapping the queen in about 12 minutes. Basically everything went right, starting with (using a Charge Blade) guard-pointing the queen's water cannon attack. But we had the funniest finish ever -- the Queen was sleeping and her Seltas drone was in the same area. While we're setting a trap on her location, the Seltas decides to charge us -- and breaks the queen's tail pincers (the subquest objective!), which in turn woke her up about a second early (but didn't interfere with our trapping efforts).

Last edited:
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory: The story just kicked into climax overdrive, and as such I really can't afford to keep my training Digimon on the team anymore, so I've filled the team with high level Ultimates to get through the endgame.

New Gundam Breaker: Finished off every mission in the game. I think out of all of them, my favourite stories to play through were Marika's, Ryoko's, and Chi-Nuts'.
I really liked the bonus missions though. It's a nice payoff after fighting to take back the school to be able to play stuff after it's all said and done and everyone's on better terms. Kinda disappointed that the story ends with the debug testing though and you never actually see the festival you were prepping for. Just feels incomplete.

Smash Ultimate: Started up New Game + in World of Light. Eventually I'll fill out the sphere grid, and duplicates of every spirit should allow for enhancements and summonings.

Breath of the Wild: Finished exploring south-eastern Hyrule. The island was... Interesting. I'm honestly a little surprised with how well I did against the Hinox. I guess it helps that it's all pretty slow and telegraphed. Explored the Gerudo highlands too. That one was slightly less eventful save for learning that I fucking hate mace Lynels. The swings hurt like shit, and there doesn't really seem to be a window to properly dodge, especially given how absurdly huge the weapon is. The only region that I've left completely unexplored is Hebra. Once I'm done with that place, I'll move on to the Sword Trials and Champion's Ballad, and then I guess I should probably go do something about Ganon, huh?

I'll keep playing Final Fantasy Explorers. Thanks to my OCD and the fact that I want to do all missions with all classes (I might regret this later), I have been at a slow but steady pace. Thanks to that, I managed to unlock the Dark Knight and Blue Mage classes early. Sadly, Blue Magic isn't as strong as in the main Final Fantasy games, or the skills as common since I only have Goblin Punch, Fire Breath and Aero.

My Hero One's Justice, more online battles and the occasional training. Went back to using Shoto and Denki in those matches, recently been using Momo, Izuku, and Tsuyu for sidekicks; might use Dabi and probably Himiko as well as sidekicks sometime later.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, mostly CPU and 2P matches with my brother, also using the Spirit Board to wait out certain spirits still.

Disgaea 5 Complete, been passing a few more bills and doing more quests mostly. Will do more of the story a little later.

Me the day before yesterday: "Man, Final Fantasy Explorers is way too easy. The bosses are a breeze!

Me yesterday: "I don't know how I even defeated Ifrit. And I don't know how I'm supposed to beat Ramuh, Shiva and Dryad."
When I fought Shiva the first time I thought it would be a breeze as well, then when I actually got around to her I lost. She hits hard so make sure you attack from a distance, unless you're a Knight which then you can at least deflect her attacks so they don't freeze you. What sucks is that after you unlock the One Winged Angel quest, which you need to get 10 Jenova cells and the only way to get them is to beat Shiva 10 times, just to get the Sephiroth outfit. It shouldn't be too bad fighting her again after a while, but it was still terrible for me lol.

When I fought Shiva the first time I thought it would be a breeze as well, then when I actually got around to her I lost. She hits hard so make sure you attack from a distance, unless you're a Knight which then you can at least deflect her attacks so they don't freeze you. What sucks is that after you unlock the One Winged Angel quest, which you need to get 10 Jenova cells and the only way to get them is to beat Shiva 10 times, just to get the Sephiroth outfit. It shouldn't be too bad fighting her again after a while, but it was still terrible for me lol.
Yikes! Good thing I never liked Sephiroth *remembers he does all quests with all classes* D'oh! Oh well, I guess I'll survive somehow...

Final Fantasy X

Finished luck grinding for Rikku, Wakka and Tidus. Rikku and Wakka are also fully maxed out now, Tidus has a few more spheres to activate but isn't far behind. Grinded for enough Dark Matter from Dark Yojimbo to add Ribbon to one armor. The next task will be collecting 5 of every fiend in Spira to get another set of 99 for that second ribbon.

Other than Dark Yojimbo, I've beat Dark Valefor, Ifrit, Shiva and Ixion. Got the Al Bhed primer and Jecht sphere from Besaid that I was missing, and got Valefor's second Overdrive. Lastly, I beat Omega and got Nova for Kimarhi :)

Steady progress!

Final Fantasy Explorers: Yesterday, I managed to beat Ifrit, Shiva and Ramuh with all classes and I'm in the process of doing the same to Dryad. I guess I was afraid because I thought I would fail the mission if I lost against them. Having Chocobo and Cactuar meat shields also helped.

I also unlocked the Mechanist class and boy, that attack range is insane! I guess I forgot how useful were the guns in FFTA.

Just two days ago I started a new fortress in Dwarf Fortress. I'm playing on the small size world with custom settings (mostly just custom terrain - I want to conquer whole world with just one fortress, but since water travel is only possible while creating a new one, I had to make sure that there's only one continent and no islands).
Being a dirty casual that I am, I built the fortress on site with thick sediment layer, a surface river, medium depth soil with both sand and clay layers and both shallow and deep metals, as well as relatively many trees (for those not playing DF, it basically means I have an easy access to every single resource in game except for magma. Of course magma is useful, but I can still excavate it once I dig deep enough).
Now, regarding growth of the fortress. I'll put it in spoiler.
An in-game year has already passed since I started it and I already had two waves of migrants come, bringing the population up to 31 adults and 10 children. Unfortunately, I'm still stuggling a bit with food and alcohol industries, being limited mostly in former and entirely in later to plump helmets. I already chose place to farm other subterraean crops, but it may take a while until my dwarves get to actually turning it into farm plot.
I'm slowly getting the metal industry on road - I already built the first forge and some smelters and wood burners and am in process of smelting lignite into usable coal using charcoal. Soon I'll be able to smelt iron, use it to forge more anvils and the build more forges - for now I think two forges for creating and decorating trade goods and four for everything else should be enough.
Regarding trade goods - I already have four craftsdwarf workshops running and dedicated stockpiles for animal bones, skulls, shells, horns, teeth and wool, as well as finished goods itself. I still need to set up a dedicated jeweler shop with its own stockpile specifically for encrusting items with gems and nothing else - thing is, since normally when "encrust item with gems" command is given, a random item from the chosen category is taken and decorated and there is no way to specify which one should be encrusted - thus only way to make sure that dwarves decorate specifically what I want to will be to set up a stockpile and forbide the jeweler's workshop from taking items for decoration from anywhere else, as well as making sure that what I want to decorate ends up in this specific stockpile and not any other. It's harder than it sounds.
Although I have kilns and glass furnances, I'm yet to find a good spot for excavating sand and clay until I start with glass and pottery industries. Similarly, I didn't start working on soapmaking yet (mostly because its the industry that I find hardest to understand in DF), and I'm yet to start a serious clothing industry (I currently only have a tanner, but I still need leatherworking station for actually turning tanned hides into clothing, as well as some other workshops for other types of clothing).
Finally, the civilian part of fortress. I already have dedicated area for living quarters. I wasn't seriously counting, but I think for now it should be able to hold aprox. 400-500 dwarven families, and that's not counting nobles. Of course it's only after I finish building it - while I have the area chosen, digging it out all at once would take too much time, so I'm doing it in stages between other mining operations. Although every quarter is just a small 2x2 room with only one bed and a door (and before you call me a tyrant, most players make it 1x1), sheer amount of them along wih corridors...
I already dug out place for the general temple. Later I'm going to also have separate shrines for every god. I still need to actually build it, though - while just any statue will be enough for dwarves to come pray here, I actually need a statue in the first place.
No tavern yet either, and I'm only slowly working on general mess hall (I want it to be as beautiful and expensive as possible, but my engravers are constantly preoccupied with different tasks. I already decided long ago to have miners as separate caste with no labors enabled other than mining - and I think doing the same for stone detailers might actually save me some major headache). I didn't yet think about library and I'm just beginning to think about hospital and while I already have place for well chosen, it's also still WIP.
I think I'll have the cemetery on lower level, and then noble tombs even lower - though I think it may turn out I'll also need to place something else there, as I'm running out of space on current civilian level.
As for military - nah, I don't have any military yet. It's too early, even if I had weapons and armor for them already, I can't really spare any workers to train as soldiers yet.

And... for now it's all, I'll keep you updated. Maybe.

Animal Crossing- New Leaf. Working a Lunar New Year themed main room.

Dragonball FighterZ:
Finished off the first two story arcs. I love how at the end of the first one, everyone basically says "Boy, this ending was kinda unsatisfying huh?" and then Whis turns to the camera and says "Just keep playing and things'll start making sense eventually."
I'm currently maybe, 6, 7 maps into the Android 21 Arc?

Kirby Star Allies: Aced the first two sub-games, and 100%ed the story mode. Not sure which sub-game I'm gonna try first, but I'm thinking either Ultimate Choice or Heroes in Another Dimension, just so I don't burn out on the story mode stages halfway through Guest Star Allies.

Breath of the Wild: Started exploring Hebra, and it looks like this one's gonna take a while to properly look through. Lots of landmarks to poke around, and a buncha cliffs gettin' in my way make for a bit more of a slog than other regions.

Back
Top Bottom