• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Kirby Star Allies: Finished off Heroes in another Dimension. Totally cheesed the final boss with Stone because the screen was a fucking mess, and it was pretty much impossible to keep track of anything that was going on. Three allies, up to three bosses, and all the associated attacks at once will do that.

Breath of the Wild: Finished Mipha and Revali’s Ballads. I honestly had no idea how to kill Waterblight’s second phase. I think I just shot it with arrows a bunch the first time, but that, understandably, ain’t working when they give me 10 arrows to work with. Eventually I decided to just Urbosa it to death. Then it survived with a little bit left and I was legitimately at a loss for what to do beyond just dodging for 12 minutes until Urbosa recharged. Then I realised I had multiple spears so I just hucked one at it and killed it.

Spyro 1: Finished Beast Makers
You're going to hate Tree Tops, then. Then again, it's the most annoying level for most people.
Not as much as I was thinking I might after reading this. Yes, I will fully admit to looking up how to reach both egg thieves, and honestly, after watching the video, I'm not even ashamed to admit it. I never would have figured out to do those jumps by myself. Honestly, Tree Tops was more enjoyable than the Magic Crafters world to make heavy use of supercharge. Because once you knew what you had to do, it wasn't hard. Tree Tops is a big open level, so you've got a lot of wiggle room while you're driving the Supercharge. The Magic Crafters level had a lengthy, narrow section you needed to guide the supercharge down before you could even make your jump, meaning you slammed into something before you got there half the time. Tree Tops was a conceptually hard level as it'd require thinking about how you can string supercharges together, the Magic Crafters level was mechanically, slam your head into a wall hard, as it was obvious what you had to do, it was just unnecessarily hard to execute.

Space Empires V: Cribit is a bit of a mess right now. Battlefleet Green (Dexter) - really more of a squadron anyway - is reasonably well-supplied, but it needs a complete refit. The battlefleet reserve desperately needs a proper resupply, but with an Abiddon dreadnought lurking in Fornax I can't realistically recall them for more than a turn at a time. The only real option is to keep the pressure on Fornax to prevent the Abiddon from gaining any breathing space. I've declared war anyway - it occurred to me that there's nothing to gain from the current treaty, but it is slowing down efforts to expand.

Looking forward, the navy will be due a full refit anyway. With new master computers coming in, new shields, and soon slightly stronger armour, there'll be enough new technology to justify the logistical effort. Battlefleet Blue will invariably get the upgrade late

Final Fantasy II

To put it simple, I got swallowed by Leviathan (losing Leila in the process), found Ricard, beat the worm that was inside Leviathan (eww...), obtained Ricard's ultimate weapon (Abel's Lance), beat the Mysidian Tower, saw Minwu die, obtained Ultima, destroyed the Cyclone, got challenged by Maria's brother the Dark Knight, invaded Palamecia's Castle, saw the Emperor's resurrection and Ricard's sacrifice, Leon joined, saw Deumion's backstory, obtained the Revive Tome and obtained the Ragnarok (Firion's ultimate weapon) and the Artemis Bow (Maria's).

What I'm going to do now is obtain Leon and Guy's ultimate weapons to complete the set and the sidequest and maybe train every single spell I have to prepare for Pandemonium, since that was the place that screwed me up when I played the game ten years ago. Hopefully this time I will reach the post-game.

Fate Grand Order, although I've been playing Digimon Cybersleuth: Hacker's Memory. Named a whole bunch of Digimon after people I know.

Pokemon Sun. I'm now exploring Poni Island, and my team has a Tirtouga.

Dwarf Fortress
Much happened since I last wrote here.
I finished building an inn and now my fortress is visited from time to time by travelers. I also upgraded the draining system of my aqueduct and equiped it with a drowning chamber to rule potential invaders into.
A funny thing happened when my fortress was attacked by an ettin (two headed giant). Well, it wasn't funny by itself - but acompanying mental image definitely was. At the same time ettin started coming towards my gates from one side of the map, a traveling human bard appeared on the other and also headed towards gates. Now, ettins are among semi-megabeasts (extremely hard and dangerous enemies that require some good eq to slay) - yet I managed to kill it without any casualities or even injuries - and not by a squad with great equipment, as they only had iron swords, mails and boots and wooden shields, but really well trained one. And best part is, ettin didn't even try fighting back. It just saw a lone dwarf (rest of the squad fell well behind) in light armor charging at it with sword and decided to hightail out of here - which leads to aforementioned funny mental image of a bard watching in bewilderment as a two headed gaint runs in panic from a barely armored drunk midget, who upon seeing said bard stops for a moment and says something to the effect of "Ya see that shit over there? Yer people call it a dangerous monster; we call it a training dummy."
I'm slowly finishing royal palace. It's going to be hanging from the ceiling of a huge artifical cave that I'm currently digging out (bottom of said cave will have an execution arena where captured goblins, kobolds and other sapient yet hostile beings will be executed, miners quarters, entrance to the main part of mines, as well as a small garrison protecting said entrance - because like in every single good story with dwarves as main characters, in DF things that may attack you from inside your own fortress are generally far more dangerous that those lurking outside). And of course, since finding convoluted ways to kill nobles is favourite passtime of most DF players, I made sure that the royal bedroom can be easily turned into a deathtrap with just one flick of a lever, which closes of said bedroom (consisting of four separate rooms) from the rest of palace and fortress and starts filling it with water.
I also started my first experiments with railroads - and it turns out a simple minecart is far, far, far more lethal than any monster I ever met in this game. See, out of all "build & survive" games I am mostly used to play Minecraft, where I consider railroads far too costly, time consuming and work-heavy to be practical. DF on the other hand manages to make them actually useful by having about everything releated to minecarts much cheaper and making planing it out much easier - but it still took me a while before I decided to try it. By now aprox. 70 dwarves, multiple cats and one dog were crippled or killed by all sorts of freak accidents (including, but not limited to: cart derailing and crashing into a wall, a dwarf trying to push it into a booster going in opposite direction and getting hit by it, dwarves trying and failing to stop a cart that rolls down a few ramps, hits opposite direction booster and goes back up tte ramps, then back down again, etc), and it's still far from working. I'm starting to wonder if it's even actually worth it.
Finally, I mounted an assault on a nearby goblin pit, which ended with several goblins killed or maimed and my dwarven army coming back with some loot and no casualities at all. I'm now preparing for their counterattack, though it doesn't seem to be coming.

Doing more in my replay of FE Binding Blade, currently on chapter 15. Will be recruiting Igrene and Garret this chapter, and at the end I'll be getting Fae.

Dawn of the Breakers, been getting some more heroes from the capsules, using my daily free summon for one of them, and completing more of the Quests.

Smash Bros. Ultimate, been using Piranha Plant since last night. He's pretty great so far and very fun to use, one of the few characters I feel comfortable enough to use off-stage as well.

So in MH4U, we finally crafted enough jewels to gem in the Biology skill (i.e. immunity to Stench and Blast blights). Now I can settle my score with G-rank Teostra (because I want to craft that set).

Currently playing Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Switch. Just reached the Hunter Rank 5.
Village or Hub? The general recommended order is village first then hub.

Me, I'm still doing various grinds in MH4U. Need to hunt more Rathalos so I can finish crafting that Lagiacrus set....
Monsters like Lagi and Narga don't appear in MH4U, but the Wycoon deals in monster parts so you can still craft their weapons and armors. In this case specifically, you trade Rathalos parts for Lagiacrus parts.

Last edited:
Hub. I'm doing a lot of trial and error in finding the right armor set to my liking. I mainly use bow.

Finished up my replay of FE Binding Blade pretty late last night, decided to just do a continuous playthrough after chapter 15.

Dawn of the Breakers, got myself a SR Resha today from the Cosmic Break x Dawn of the Breakers collab event and she's pretty good on my team so far.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, played some more with Piranha Plant before going back to Cloud for a bit. Still can't wait for Joker now, he'll definitely be my new main in this installment.

Back
Top Bottom