• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Space Empires V: A clean-up of the Eee survivors leaves me in control Spica again. In come the engineering ships to start the repairs, though Battlefleet Blue (Dexter) will still need a refit. From Hesperos III, the Optera yards, and Mavamur, new ships will be coming in for the Sinister half of the fleet anyway.

I've had a long think about general strategy. The Sheward Sovereignty have a ridiculous number of battleships and cruisers in the Alderan system, not too far from Bizzet. In light of this I'm going to modify Operation Longbow - instead Battlefleet Green (Vanguard) will build a couple of Barbican-class space stations on the Bizzet-Yullado warp. It won't stop a determined attack, and it could still be bypassed anyway, but it will create logistical problems and stall any advance.

But along with that I'm launching a new campaign, to overlap with Longbow and the last of Goldrush. Operation Province will establish linked zones of control, overlapping the Optera fleet base with Port Wander by taking surrounding systems and establishing both secure ship yards and resupply depots.

Space Empires V: The siege fleets are beginning to move off again. The Fornax fleet moved into Cretirk and got rid of Cretirk III - I'm hoping to deal with Cretirk II in short order. Battlefleet Blue (Siege) is ready for the Castor VIII assault ... I'm still concerned I don't have enough ships, but I think if I put it off any longer the attack will never happen. Likewise with Green (Siege) in Decatur, though it's not quite finished with the refit.

I've decided on the objectives for Operation Province:
  • Clear all rival colonies from the Spica and Iridia systems, creating a sensor blackout for the Soveriegnty
  • Establish a foothold in the Quilktrin, Lochnivar, and Gergan systems
In Iridia, some progress has been made already. HMS Phoenix sailed off the slips, the new siege dreadnought of long design. Its first target was Iridia I, and it was terrifying. Orbital defences hardly dismay her; weapon platforms turn to scrap beneath her bombardment. I've immediately ordered her off to Iridia V to complete the objective.

I ... might actually be nearing completion of Pokemon Shuffle. After catching Primal Kyogre (stage 700) the game declared I've completed all Main stages ... only to promptly unlock "Ultra" stages. Basically just buffed versions of the original Main stages (right down to UX37 Meowth allowing you to farm Coins just like stage 37 Meowth), BUT you are allowed to use the "Attack Power" item normally reserved for Special stages, AND Ultra stage S-ranks still count towards unlocking more Expert stages. Speaking of which, Rapidash seems just plain impossible to beat....

Stardew Valley: this one's new to me, and I've been trying not to play too much with reference to the Wiki, so for these first 16 days of Spring I've kinda been noodling around. Currently I've got 11 potatoes in the ground, along with 3 bean poles, 9 cauliflower, and 6 strawberries just recently planted.

My plan is to work towards building a coop, with wood being what I really need. So far as I can tell this means getting hold of a better axe, which means mining for copper

I was playing Shantae: Risky's Revenge, but then I downloaded my preorder bonus of Ace Combat 5. It's one of my favorite games of all time so of course I've been putting in a ton of hours into it :D

Stardew Valley: After a reasonable Spring, I've just started Summer. First day got all the new crops in the ground - a little bit of everything, hops, blueberries, corn, peppers, melons, and poppy. Storm damage seems to have uprooted a pepper plant, irritatingly. The plan for now is to get some cash in, perhaps to plant some wheat, but also with a view to finally getting some tool upgrades in.

Annoyingly the wiki seems to be incorrect on Penny's schedule ... which itself is rather complicated. So far I've managed to catch up with her each day, often dropping in on Leah at some point

Stardew Valley: this one's new to me, and I've been trying not to play too much with reference to the Wiki, so for these first 16 days of Spring I've kinda been noodling around. Currently I've got 11 potatoes in the ground, along with 3 bean poles, 9 cauliflower, and 6 strawberries just recently planted.

My plan is to work towards building a coop, with wood being what I really need. So far as I can tell this means getting hold of a better axe, which means mining for copper

Ohh! You're playing Stardew Valley? Awesome! Which system are you playing it on? How do you like it so far? If you need some help with it, I'd be more than happy to assist you, since I've beaten it twice myself. On my first file, I married Sam, but I married Alex on my second file, and I find him to be more interesting. Who do you plan on pursuing/marrying in-game?

I'm still playing Final Fantasy 5.

Ohh! You're playing Stardew Valley? Awesome! Which system are you playing it on? How do you like it so far? If you need some help with it, I'd be more than happy to assist you, since I've beaten it twice myself. On my first file, I married Sam, but I married Alex on my second file, and I find him to be more interesting. Who do you plan on pursuing/marrying in-game?

I'm still playing Final Fantasy 5.
Me too! I stopped playing for a while because playing with the keyboard made my wrists hurt. Thankfully, now I have a compatible controller that I can use... if I don't get distracted by other games. I'm still wondering who I should marry, though.

Also, Final Fantasy V is great.

Awesome! Playing it on the PC can be annoying. I've gotten used to it on there, but playing it on consoles like the PS Vita (Which I primarily use for it) and the Switch is MUCH easier. And yes, FF5 is pretty fun. I wouldn't consider it the best Final Fantasy game, but I am enjoying it.

I'm playing on Switch. It's rather like someone decided to take Harvest Moon and essentially revamp it, which I'm ok with. I've been paying a lot of attention to Penny, almost entirely because she appeared to be bookish.

Up to the end of the first week of Summer now. It looks like most of my profits are going to be in the second half of the season, which is when I expect to get the coop built. In the meantime I'm trying to save for a copper watering can - I didn't realise the basic axe can fell fully-grown trees, so there's no pressing need for a copper axe, but I do need help watering.

Deciding what to do after the watering is done is a bit of a challenge right now. I had a good morning's fishing, but it seems fishing can really be a matter of luck. I'm not a huge fan of mining - mining seemed to be most of what I did when playing Friends of Mineral Town, so I'd like to do it sparingly now.

Picked up Super Robot Wars BX again, in anticipation of T. Defeated this guy last mission.

eOyHITG.png

Man I hope they keep this guy's UWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAA death cry in T, since the same series is in that too. And the Silvion Hammer too, since that was a cool moment.

Stardew Valley: At the end of week two of Summer, and it's been a good week. The first real harvests are coming in, notably the blueberries, melons, and hops. The hops seem to be maturing unevenly - it's hard to tell when they've been watered properly, so it looks like I managed to miss one or two at some point. An opportune storm gave me space to upgrade my watering can, so that should solve the problem. The fishing's been good this week, so all in all I'm ready to build that coop.

That being said, I do now want a copper axe - there are a couple of stumps in the way of where I plan to move my fields come the Autumn, and in any case I shall want more wood. The plan is to put up a shed next to the house to act as a brewery when I somehow manage to get the opportunity. I also want to upgrade the farmhouse (So many buildings, all wanting money)

Another local friendlies tournament of Smash Bros. last night. We had 8 players, and I ended up ranking somewhere in the middle of the pack (again). Somehow, I always seem to end up facing the guy who mains Bowser ... and ekeing out a win. This time with Ike. (And as I said halfway through, "I've picked a different character every match, why stop now?")

Best moment was when I chose Fox against a Samus main. I managed one good reflector KO because I was trying to figure out when he was going to unload her Charge Shot (and guessed right). Also, apparently Fox can still air-dodge after a side special (it saved me from another Charge Shot when recovering).

Stardew Valley: Up to day 19 of Summer now, and my, how the money's coming in. The coop's up now, and I'll be adding a silo tomorrow. I think I shall look at putting up a shed next door to the farmhouse to act as a brewery - I think 15,000 is a ridiculous price, so I may upgrade the house first.

I'm glad I upgraded my axe - I'm going to want a fair bit of wood for those buildings. Shifting chests around and making tappers has consumed a fair bit more. My aim at the moment is to get lower down in the mines during my spare time - I want iron ore for beehives and tools. It might be worth upgrading my hoe, partly to make things easier for me come the Autumn, but also to make digging up stuff in the mines faster

Dust: An Elysian Tail on the Switch, I've been meaning to get to this game a couple years ago but wasn't able to due to other games I got/was playing. Finally got around to it yesterday after I downloaded it from the eShop, and I really love it so far. The art style is smooth and very cute, backgrounds are beautiful, and character designs are also cute/cool. Played some more of it today as well after church, currently in Aurora Village and completed Colleen's quest in finding her younger brother and Mayor Bram's quest in defeating Fuse.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, just doing some online play every once in a while and even a few CPU battles here and there. I'm mainly playing it sparsely until Joker releases though.

Space Empires V: I know I said now or never over Castor VIII, but looking again ... about fifteen satellites and almost as many weapon platforms. It's absurd. It's a complete fortress. I'm not prepared to throw away ships on the offchance I might somehow reduce it. So instead the battlefleet will move into Spica to assist in Operation Province. Once HMS Phoenix and the newly-finished HMS Dreadnought have finished in Iridia and Spica, they can join the siege fleet and deal with Castor VIII.

I'm finding I need to keep shuffling the fleets around, what with another Cue Cappa fleet turning up in Gergan - but that's to be expected. I'm hoping I can get Battlefleet Blue (Dexter) fully refitted soon to bring the majority of the fleets up to date.

Stardew Valley: The last week or so of Summer was very productive. The silo is up next to the coop, and I managed to upgrade the farmhouse (Finally, a kitchen!). A copper hoe turned out to be pretty much essential.

The first couple of days of Autumn have been a bit tricky. In my determination to plant a bit of everything I may have planted a little too much, despite a copper hoe and watering can. I've managed to misplace my fields slightly, so they're all not quite where I want them to be. I suppose I'll have to just admit I'll have to wait till Winter (Likely) to properly lay them out

Back in MH4U, I've been grinding the Dah'ren Mohran hunt so I can craft the (G-rank) armor set. I was originally doing this to upgrade the weapons, but the armor set looks nice so I ended up hunting the sand-whale-dragon quite a few more times (and I may have it down almost to a science by now). The armor features Rocksteady (you don't flinch from minor attacks) and Crit Draw (draw attacks always deal critical damage), which sounds like a good match for Quick Sheath or maybe Crit Status/Element. I do have to put up with Worrywart, though, but honestly, who lets their HP drop below 40% in G-rank?

Back
Top Bottom