• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Stardew Valley: To my dismay I've ended up doing a fair bit of mining, but I do need ores. I want to get some beehives up as part of my next project, using some spare space on the farm which will be created when I put the shed up next to the house.

I've bought a couple of chickens for the coop, in an effort to get some more regular income away from the usual harvests.

Stardew Valley: Beginning to approach the end of Autumn now, and I'm reflecting a bit on the lessons learned. Certainly there's no reason not to fertilise soil before the seeds go in - fertiliser is practically a by-product of the usual forestry I get up to anyway. It's produced plenty of nice grapes this season. The corn has worked well as a steady income through two seasons. For the next Spring I think I will buy several batches of one-harvest crops in one go, just to make sure fields don't go to waste through the season.

I've been perpetually short on coal and iron ore. Building a charcoal burner helps a little, but even so I suppose I'm going to have to spend some of the Winter getting down in the mine where iron is easier to get at. Now I've got a couple of hives and a shed built, I can spend some time in the Winter clearing land on the northwest corner and doing a little decoration. Hopefully now I can build them, I shall be able to put some kegs in the new shed/brewery.

I'm glad I've only been clearing as much land as I need. I've never been short on anything to do with grass, and the southwest copse has grown so crowded I've had to cut my way into it. I may just leave it almost as-is, since it's a sustainable source of wood I don't have too go looking for

Hyrule Warriors Legends

Now I'm training Zelda. I'm starting to think that my method of training might be starting to overwhelm me. Oh well, I'll have to soldier on if I ever want to beat Adventure Mode and obtain the Hard Gold Skulltulas in Legend Mode.

Stardew Valley: I'm getting to the point now where I can spend and not think about the money. I wonder whether that's intentional at the end of Year 1, because it doesn't feel like I've been especially clever in making cash. It's got to the point where I realised it's easier to simply buy coal and ore rather than try to hack it out of the mines myself.

I've been a little aimless at the end of this season. I've got my little patch of beehives sorted, and the first keg in the brewery. I suppose I'd best be served in stockpiling wood - I'm thinking of putting up a barn in the west corner of Buckland, near to the chicken coop

Story of Seasons- Trio of Towns. Lisette is at pink flower. Saving up for the house upgrade.

Stardew Valley: A lot of prep for the next Spring lately. I've planted a row of fruit trees just South of my house, and relaid the fields ready for the Spring crops. Both the East and West field are bordered with cobblestone paths, so it's obvious where to hoe without having to rethink field layout from scratch. I've also moved the coop South by the pond.

Both these projects have required clearing more trees than I expected, but then the snow also shows many, many seeds waiting to grow in the new year. In the meantime I've been trying to lay some savings down mostly through fishing. Crab pots down by the shore are there for raw materials to make better quality fertiliser. I've managed to get down to level 40 in the mines, so another project will be to smelt iron bars for keg making and possibly a steel watering can

I'm playing a combination of Final Fantasy IX (Switch), a little bit of DB Xenoverse 2 and Phantasy Star (again, Switch), and Yo-Kai Watch 3 (3DS). Whatever tickles my fancy at the moment.

Nothing particularly prominent, just some grinding the daily challenges in Pokken Tournament (I really need to learn how to use more fighters) and grinding various hunts in MH4U.

Oroshi Kirin reached Lv.86!
Oroshi Kirin learned Fury Attack!*
Oroshi Kirin learned Blizzard!

Apparently, in G-rank Kirins are able to spam their new horn attack move 2-5 times in a row.

And half of my favorite armor sets are horribly vulnerable to Ice. Nonetheless, we did take down our first MH4U G-rank Kirin, so we get to see what the new sets look like.

Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns. Boy file- Lisette is now at red heart/ flower. Won the Fall Fashion Show by accident.

I'm still training Zelda in Hyrule Warriors. The worst thing is, once I finish with Zelda, I have to keep going with the 16 next characters. What did I get myself into?

EDIT: Characters I have (striked characters were already trained)

Link
Impa
Sheik
Lana

Zelda
Ganondorf
Darunia
Midna
Fi
Cia
Volga
Wizzro
Linkle
Toon Link
Tetra
King Daphnes
Medli
Marin
Toon Zelda
Ravio
Yuga

Final Fantasy XV: Finished the main game a couple days ago, and Episode Ignis, as well as the Friendly Match bonus boss. Now I'm working on just slowlt building up enough medals in the Totomonstro for all the cool stuff it's offering me. Kind of annoying that it maxes out your wagers at 9999 medals if I'm gonna be completely honest.

Stardew Valley: I'm looking forward to Spring now. It seems half of my farm is waiting for the Spring to grow, not least all those trees - I've had to clear many more than I expected. At this point I'm mostly fishing to lay down some savings for the Spring planting.

I'm not sure what the point of the Night Market is. None of the seeds were anything special, and aside from a few Winter decorations the only real attraction was deep sea fishing

I think another useful thing is how you can get coffee grains way earlier than intended and without depending on the RNG, IIRC.

Far too expensive in Year 1 for my liking, but I suppose it would be useful this year

Stardew Valley: Finally started Spring, and I've missed it. I was a bit overambitious with the season's planting, trying to sow and water in over 150 crops. I got most of it done, and upgraded to a steel watering can in the first week, so it's not so bad. Less than a week in and I've harvested parsnips, kale, garlic, and potatoes (I'd forgotten how quickly Spring crops mature). I've done some minor shuffling around - first task for the year is to clear space for a barn, and add a new shed. I've put up a row of lightning rods along the South side of East field, so it'll probably go in front of those, and house my kilns, recycling machine, chests etc - nicely out of sight.

Objective for the year will be to get the community centre finished. I've made a start in finishing the Crafts room and a few other bundles here and there. This year I'm going to be more systematic about it

Right now I’m playing Shenmue II. Just left Hong Kong for the second part of the game. This game feels much more dangerous than the first one, which makes sense because the first game took place in Ryo’s home town, but now he’s a stranger in a strange land, so money is harder to come by, the people are meaner, and crime is more likely to happen to him. It’s significantly tougher than the first game, in terms of game-play, too. I’m really liking it so far, thankfully the voice acting is still top ham.

Back
Top Bottom