• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

It's a reference to that trope now used almost exclusively in comedies where a character thinks he is going to die and starts saying their regrets.
Aren’t angels supposed to be knowledgeable, much more than men due to being around a lot longer?

He is illiterate and what they call "not the sharpest tool in the shed". More or less like Goku.
I don’t understand.

Then again, I’ve only played the NES game, so I don’t know much about his personality. I’ve assumed that he was smarter and wiser.

Breath of the Wild Master Mode: Heading down into Hyrule proper, I decided to skirt South around the Outpost Ruins and the East Post Ruins, remembering what a pain they were last time around. Finished Bosh Kala shrine then headed North along the River Hylia, avoiding conflict along the way. Crossed over at Owlan Bridge, and again at Eagus. Bought some arrows from Beedle, who happened to be at the bottom of the Sahasra Slope.

Up to Kakariko Village, and after speaking to Impa I decided to do a little exploring in the immediate area - in other words, finish Duelling Peaks Tower and a few shrines in the immediate environs of the mountain itself. Managed to find enough ore to buy up a set of stealth armour, which has since proved extremely useful. After that I headed East across Necluda past Fort Hateno, and climbed up to activate Hateno Tower

To put it directly: No, he's not smart. He might have been smarter in the NES and GBC game, but he had zero personality back then, so...
Oh...guess I should scrap the fanfic I’ve been writing where he comforts a mentally disabled human who was suffering from depression.

Playing some more Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack and Mighty Gunvolt Burst on the Switch again. Tonight I'll be going back to my SMT Nocturne replay.

...why would he say that?
It's actually a reference from Kid Icarus Uprising, when Palutena is unable to maintain Pit's flight and warp him back to Skyworld she's forced to let him drop, so he starts to lament that he never learned to read right before Viridi rescues him. In the Japanese version though it's different, he says something along the line of "If I was to die, I at least wanted to have a full stomach."

It's actually a reference from Kid Icarus Uprising, when Palutena is unable to maintain Pit's flight and warp him back to Skyworld she's forced to let him drop, so he starts to lament that he never learned to read right before Viridi rescues him. In the Japanese version though it's different, he says something along the line of "If I was to die, I at least wanted to have a full stomach."
Again, I've never played Uprising, just the NES game.

I sold my entire 3DS library a few days ago anyway, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

Last edited:
Space Empires V: More slow progress. What was Battlefleet Green (Dexter) needs a moment to reform before clearing the skies around Decatur V. Battlefleet Green (Siege) in Cretirk is still awaiting reinforcement, so I've ordered a refit of HMS Atropos and her sister ship in the meantime. Battlefleet Blue (Siege) dealt with Spica IV, but it was a weirdly tough battle.

The good news is a new Barbican-class space station has gone up in Bizzet, so Operation Longbow is beginning to yield results. I think I shall recall the battlefleet to Iridia for resupply. Likewise the first reserve squadron of Saker-class light cruisers is nearly finished.

Breath of the Wild Master Mode: Visited Hateno Village to get the Sheikah Slate upgraded - and how I still miss upgraded bombs. Decided to take a different route back towards Kakariko village, over Mt. Ruzado and down past the Cliffs of Quince.

I'm finding I can be a bit more liberal with weapon usage now, though I'm running low on utilitarian weapons. I can ambush moblins just fine, and with a bit of cunning take on a bokoblin encampment.

Welp, couldn't get into Devil May Cry, so I've moved on to Yakuza 0. The way the games are structured by mission felt too restrictive for my tastes. They're fun games with great music yes, but they're honestly not for me.
I'm enjoying Yakuza 0 quite a lot though. Kamurocho and Sotenburi have great atmospheres, and I can't get enough of Majima's theme. I haven't felt restricted by the gameplay and plot either.

My sister managed to find a working copy of Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg and she got it for me as a birthday gift. I love it a lot, but I wasn't expecting it to be so hard!

Also playing a lot of Elder Scrolls Online again. I'm really trying to limit myself to play one or two hours a day, but I forgot how gosh darn addicting it is!

Played a little bit of Smash Ultimate this afternoon, mostly did the Spirit Board event (this time it's characters that are staff weilders) for the extra rewards boost. Though I do wish when they do these weekly events that there are new spirits, like at least one or two, it's not as fun for people (at least to me) that already have all the spirits; for me the only reason for doing them is the rewards boost.

SMT Nocturne Maniax replay, played more of it last night and a little bit more today. Got new demons, specifically a Bicorn and a Momunofu. Still have Pixie of course as well. Mainly was leveling up my party a bit before I continue on with the story again later.

Spelunky! I've been waiting for this game to come out physical for a long time, and now I can finally sink my teeth into it (I played the freeware version a long time ago). Did about 18 runs last night, only got to about the 3rd stage of the Jungle. I'm making lots of silly mistakes and still learning the controls, but I can definitely feel myself getting better each time. Since I've watched tons of lets plays of this game I already know quite a few tips and tricks which helps too.

Is Downwell good? I'm asking because I'm considering getting this game after seeing Welltaro in Indie Pogo.

Just seeing this now, but it's a good pick up and play whenever kinda game that isn't deep at all but is fun in bursts. Definitely worth the $3.

Story of Seasons- Trio of Towns. Boy file- still collection materials for a large barn, and a house upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom