• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Breath of the Wild: East Necluda is proving to be irritatingly dangerous. I had planned to complete The Sheep Rustlers, only to discover two of the bokoblins are silver. And then that cursed lizalfos spawn with weapons that are deadly at this point.

Clearly it's time to quit the East and return West to find some shrines.

I got Omega Ruby for my birthday and I just got the fourth badge on it. Tbh tho I'm more bothered about the contests, how I've missed being a coordinator!

Breath of the Wild Master Mode: Headed West across Necluda, this time going North towards Nirvata Lake. Didn't go all the way up to the Peak of Awakening, instead skirting the lower slopes and along North to the Phalian Highlands. The main journey was East past the Lanayru Road West Gate on the Rabia Plain. Catching that stag for Mezza Lo shrine was a nuisance, but the Plain's otherwise a nice place to wander around.

After that I went South again over Lake Siela to pick up a few weapons I'd found but previously had no pressing use for. West again to South Nabi Lake, where there are some bokoblin encampents I don't recall. Seemed like a lot of effort to clear them out to no obvious reward

I started Dark Souls 3 yesterday; I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected to.

Did a quick test of the 3DS's save-data backup feature on MH4U (did I mention picking up a digital copy just for this reason?) . I probably should have done that immediately after starting the game (rather than 30 hours in) but hey, it works!

We've beaten Shagaru Magala in the (low rank) Caravan story and are just grinding and upgrading gear while putting off the introduction of High Rank caravan story. And doing some online quests on the side (I'm HR3, the end of low rank).

Breath of the Wild Master Mode: Decided to make the perilous journey across Hyrule Field to retrieve a memory, which at first was fairly quiet. Without a map I went a bit too far East and ended up at the Mabe Village Ruins. Some hiding the the grass was needed to dodge the Guardians till I arrived at the Sacred Ground Ruins from the South. That damn Guardian on the road is an observant bastard, so it was touch and go getting out of there. Tried to navigate back to Kakariko Village using the Pillars of Levia as a guide. I think in hindsight I partially confused them with Bonooru's Stand - I ended up on the green ridge on the West side of Bottomless Swamp, trying to dodge a Guardian and avoid getting tied down by bokoblin horse-archers at the same time.

Made it back to Kakariko in the end, got the Champion's Tunic and headed down, tentatively, into the Lanayru Wetlands

Pokémon Ultra Sun

I went to the Battle Tree with my Scizor, Trevenant, and shiny Regice that I had Hyper Trained (with major help from my forum friend Neosquid) and tried out a Super Single Battle! Turns out I forgot to cover my glaring total weakness to fire and was quickly swept by a Chandelure in the second match. So I tried several more times with Scizor substituted out for a Sharpedo (optimally bred by Neosquid by the way), and once managed to pull off a win streak of...seven I think, which was ended by an opposing Ferrothorn. That shit gets tough...

Finished Spelunky on Tuesday, but haven't beaten Hell yet. I'll probably pick up the game now and then to work on getting the rest of the hidden characters and completing my journal.

Not sure what I'm going to play next. I picked up Shenmue, but wasn't really feeling in the right place to get really invested in a game like that. I want to give it the proper attention it deserves. I might start up either Titanfall 2 or the Last of Us Remastered.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

I remembered this game existed! Although I have already FC'd every single song on Basic using buttons, I still have lots of characters to unlock. In fact, I still have 27 characters left to unlock, even exploiting the easiest Chaos Maps. After this, I will FC every single song on Basic using the touch controls.

Local Smash Bros. tournament. We had 8 players this time, but overall it still took two hours (which averages about 10min per match). Once again, I picked a different character every round (this time taking an unexpected Mii Swordfighter into one match), and placed second overall. I was also helping to co-host, meaning only that I was a second person recording matches on the bracket.

Tomodachi Life (3DS)
Started a new file yesterday on my own copy (a used one I just got) to replace the one my brother purged a year or two ago on his copy that had some of my Miis on it, RIP. Got 7 islanders so far (4 girls, 3 boys), and I'm sitting back with the popcorn as - as of a few minutes ago - two Mii representations of characters I like are probably going to end up fighting over my Mii soon lol.

Tomodachi Life (3DS)
Started a new file yesterday on my own copy (a used one I just got) to replace the one my brother purged a year or two ago on his copy that had some of my Miis on it, RIP. Got 7 islanders so far (4 girls, 3 boys), and I'm sitting back with the popcorn as - as of a few minutes ago - two Mii representations of characters I like are probably going to end up fighting over my Mii soon lol.
At least you're lucky. Agatha was fawning over me in my save file, which was creepy. On the other hand, it was fun seeing how Erika got around and the fights that ensued from that. It was like a weird soap opera.

Yesterday I played through the Moscow chapter of Alpha Protocol. This is the spitting image of a creative but janky and flawed B-game, I kinda love it warts-and-all. Sega doesn’t see the franchise potential they’re sitting on, and it’s not like their RPG stable is all filled up, since they’re not doing anything with Phantasy Star or Shining Force...

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

Just realized that I counted my missing characters wrong and I'm missing more characters than I expected. I'm still missing 14 characters: Sarah, Kain, Edge, Galuf, Aerith, Sephiroth, Barret, Garnet, Yuna, Auron, Balthier, Snow, Benjamin and Rem.

I guess I still have work to do.

I’m blasting through a second play-through of Shadow of the Colossus, this time on PS2. This time I’m trying to find alternative (often janky) ways of climbing the Colossi.

So far I’ve beaten Gaius without breaking his wrist guard, Phaedra without going underground, and Cenobia by only knocking down one pillar.

Other Colossi kinda behaved weirdly when I went against the script, like Hydrus when I only disabled one of his lightning rods, or Pelagia who for some reason only destroyed one of the three raised platforms (99% of the time he’ll destroy two of them).

I’m aware of other skips, like beating Basaran without getting him under a geyser, janking your way up Barba before he even destroys a single wall, and shimmying up Argus totally ignoring the puzzle as well as stabbing his hand without making him drop his club. I tried the former two methods and gave up, that’s above my skill level. Argus is coming up next time I play the game, but his skip seems far beyond my ability.

Back
Top Bottom