• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy

Finished getting everyone to at least level 60 since today was double experience day. I have divided all the characters in six random groups of five so everyone can take part of Confessions of the Creator.

Group 1: Prishe, Exdeath, Cloud, Terra and Golbez.
Group 2: Squall, Kuja, Tidus, Kain and Bartz.
Group 3: Cecil, Gilgamesh, Yuna, Ultimecia and Lightning.
Group 4: Tifa, Cloud of Darkness, Laguna, Warrior of Light and Zidane.
Group 5: Firion, Sephiroth, Gabranth, Kefka and the Emperor.
Group 6: Jecht, Garland, Onion Knight, Shantotto and Vaan.

Well, here I go...

Okay, that makes it worse than I remembered.
IIRC correctly what I read on the FF fan wiki, every time a party member targets Ozma with any action, its ATB meter gets instantly filled, giving it a pre-emptive turn on yours. The good news is that it can't take more than two turns in a row; the bad news is this can occur AFTER its normal ATB turn, thus giving it two turns in a row.

I can't believe this [REDACTED] game forced me to cheat. I'm so pissed off right now, I have seen cheap boss characters like Shao Kahn or Geese Howard, but at least they sometimes give you time to breath. Not Feral Chaos, who managed to kill me before I even had a chance to react. Kudos to all the people that managed to beat him fairly, specially because picking Moderate difficulty doesn't affect the fight. If you excuse me, I'll keep playing that Naruto game I picked a while back. That game doesn't make me swear like a sailor.

Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia (mobile)

Just doing some co-op battles for the Crossroads of Illusions II fight. I'm using Zidane (fully limit broken, with his 15CP, WoI, 35CP, and EX passives) since I don't often use him otherwise. He's fun for these kinds of fights and I like him as a character in FFIX so I enjoy the chance to use him in these events that don't have boosted characters, even if I use technically stronger characters in single-player content.

Final Fantasy IX (Switch) - I think I'm finally ready to push through with the main story content after hours of doing sidequests in disc 3. I haven't even uncovered all of the available Chocographs yet, but I don't think I have the patience to keep doing that right now.

I have the weird sensation that once I finish the story I will feel happy, but empty after last time. I just want to get over with the story now so I can do other things.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja

Let's see, I just have unlocked Zabuza's "story" (it's more like an Arcade Mode). Meaning that the only characters I'm missing are Gaara, Orochimaru, Kyuubi Naruto and Cursed Seal Sasuke. I will possibly unlock them today.

I've decided to replay all the core series pokemon games (excluding Let's Go, b/c i don't have a switch). I'm making these my definitive playthroughs meaning I'm going to try my best to complete them 100% or as close to 100% a I can and keeping these save files for many years. My teams in those games will probably go to the current generation when I am 100% done with those games. I going to try to complete a living dex in each of them.

So far I've entered the HOF in RBY and am going around finishing up any loose ends that need completing (ie in-game trades, collecting all TMs). Completing the Pokedex will require patience and because these are my "definitive" playthroughs, the Pokedex may not be completed for a long time. Which I'm ok with as I'm not planning on playing these games on my GBA/DS/3DS again, or at least not for many years.

I will likely start Gold next week.

Space Empires V: For the short term, I have reason to keep Battlefleet Green in commission. The Cue Cappa, tenacious as ever, seem to have built a fleet of nine ships in Quintar, including several dreadnoughts. Between Battlefleet Green (Siege) the fleet can't really go anywhere, though I hope it tries to warp into Fornax - since the Dexter half is waiting with big guns to on them as they warp through. But in any case this probably means bringing the Sinister and Dexter halves of the main battlefleet together, along with the cruisers of the battlefleet reserve. The question is whether to do anything about Quintar now. Logistically, at this point it wouldn't be any more difficult to send a siege fleet to Quintar than to Uphada.

Along the marches I think it's worth bringing in drone patrols to Spica. For some reason the Drushocka Empire has more ships to spare lately - none are a military threat, but if the Sheward Sovereignty has access to their sensor data then they are a security breach. Battlefleet Blue finally has all the ships it needs, properly reorganised - that's about 35 in total, across both halves of the fleet

Breath of the Wild Master Mode: Decided to quest after ancient shafts, so headed West towards Great Plateau in search of Dah Kaso Shrine. There seem to be a lot of floating platforms around Digdogg Suspension Bridge. Found the Shrine, though no ancient shaft drop this time. Collecting chests and korok seeds around the lake proved to be a real pain - the bokoblin horse archers in Gerudo Canyon Pass got me once, and the moblins on the other side nearly got me a second time. In the end I found myself gliding across Regencia River to get hold of the chests on the Western side.

I've had enough of navigating this region without a map, so next objective will be Central Tower

Dance Dance Revolution X2 (PS2)
Just got off Wii Fit U, now I'm firing this one up to do some songs. Probably at least 10, I dunno. Wish I had a better, newer dance mat to use; all three that we have in the house are, like, 10 years old at least, and boy is it obvious when you're playing.

I recently picked up the Nintendo Labo VR starter kit. Assembled it and had a little fun browsing around the program (and apparently I still need to clean the screen on my Switch more). Then I tried Breath of the Wild's "VR mode". It's not as immersive as I'd hoped, plus I had to turn it off after about 10m due to a little motion sickness. Still, it was awesome to see Hyrule in actual 3D.

Meanwhile, in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate I soloed highrank Shagaru for HR7 (despite dong a variety of quests with other people online, I insist on doing my urgent quests solo, at least until G-rank). Then proceeded to battle it a few more times for parts to make its armor set and upgrade my Gore weapons to Shagaru level.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for Switch (download, in case anyone is wondering).

Manged to beat Squid Baron earlier. He was tougher than I remember. Filler boss my arse, Squidy, you pack enough of a punch to quality for high billing baddie. Of course, his fourth wall breaks always amuse me, too, as that's my favorite gag. Next up is heading for Sequin Land's gateway to hell, but I want to check for more Heart Squids or Cacklebats first, now that I have Risky's Blade, see if I can obtain any more before moving on.

Bought The Last of Us Remastered to take a break from Yakuza (just beat Kiwami and bought K2, starting to feel a bit burnt out). I'm not the best as stealth (HZD can attest to that), but it feels like I'm steadily getting better at it. Just met Bill and obtained a shotgun, can't wait to meet Stalkers and Bloaters.

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme (PS2)
Following my latest pattern, I'll be dancing until I hit 5 miles in Workout Mode. Holy moly though, with the weather being so hot now, I'm nearly dying from heat by the end lol.

Booted up Cave Story + for the first time today on Switch. Bought this game on a sale awhile back. This is my first experience with Cave Story, even though it's been out for a long time now. I can definitely see how it was the indie game of its time but at this point I've seen so many great indie Metroidvanias lately that it's nothing super special for me. The music so far, though, is the highlight for me.

Final Fantasy IX (Switch) - I guess I'm about 3/4 through the third disc now?

Sometimes I wonder if the Terra in this game could be considered the equivalent of our Earth. I mean, our planet is also technologically advanced but at the cost of destroying the environment and paving the way to a catastrophic future. At this rate I guess we've got no other choice but to assimilate with another planet.

Back
Top Bottom