• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Been replaying Fire Emblem Sacred Stones in wait for FETH tomorrow, playing through best sibling's Ephraim's route first yet again.

Fire Emblem Heroes, still trying to summon Claude but he just won't show. I still have twelve more days until the event is over, but I really want him soon for my new team I'm going to build. (at least I'll have solace in getting Male!Byleth free tomorrow, since he'll also be part of this new team as well)

Of course tomorrow I'll be doing my playthrough of FETH, I might also add in a replay of GotHW alongside this playthrough. FE4 is one of my top favorite FE games, so I'm going to compare both as I play. (and I have a little theory still getting worked on about FE4 and 16 tbh)

Various grinds in MH4U. Hunting just one Chameleos (the caravan version, in the Everwood) was apparently enough materials to craft the Chameleos Insect Glaive, and hunting just a second one (same quest, which for some reason occurs on the Ancestral Steppe during repeat attempts) gave me enough extra materials to completely upgrade it all the way to maximum. (Which also fills the achievement for acquiring three rare-10 glaives, as each major upgrade gets counted as a new glaive)

I also actually lopped off its tail during the hunt (a rarity for this dragon) !

Coincidentally, on a previous save when I first set out to actually learn a new weapon type (after lots and lots of Charge Blade) I picked Insect Glaive, and chose to craft the Chameleos glaive because why not (I did have the parts). Half of the battle is knowing how to use your weapon, but the other half is simply knowing how to react to whatever monster you're hunting (and is mostly the same regardless of weapon).

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Got off there about 10-ish minutes ago, and I really enjoyed what I played! The characters already are all very charming and seem engaging so far, and I'm a sucker for being able to walk around the Monastery and explore and stuff. Even just the prologue and bits of chapter 1 I've seen already are 100000x more promising than Awakening and Fates, like a real return to form for my tastes.

For my first playthrough, I'm with the Golden Deer (will probably try to recruit at least Linhardt into my house though) and am playing on Hard/Classic.

Jumping on the bandwagon played 3 Houses all day with my sister and kids. I won’t spoil anything but it’s certainly a higher quality story than Fates and I’m already thinking this could be the best game in the series for me personally.

Sorry to post this here but does anyone know how I get screenshots from my Switch to my phone or PC?

Also Three Houses looks so good artstyle wise makes me sad how Pokémon looks I know totally unrelated but Zelda and FE3H just look so much better.

Currently waiting on my sister to get here to play more Fire Emblem.

Fire Emblem Three Houses of course.

And this might just be the best FE game. The story has me hooked when I’m not far in, and the support convos are the best I’ve seen. And so far I only have C supports.

Most of all I chose black eagles strictly for Hubert and didn’t care much for the others save one or two, but now I love the whole house save for one, which is actually growing on me.

This game is simply amazing so far and I have a feeling I’ll be playing it for a while.

So many fire emblem players right now :O

As for me, I finished up Ys Origin as Yunica last night. Thinking of starting either Hollow Knight or Titanfall 2

Oh another Ys fan! Hollow Knight as well controversial perhaps but Hollow Knight/tied with Ori is my favourite game of this generation I can’t wait for the DLC I always wanted to play as Hornet. :bulbaLove:

I hope they bring Ori to the Switch...

Fire Emblem Three Houses of course.

And this might just be the best FE game. The story has me hooked when I’m not far in, and the support convos are the best I’ve seen. And so far I only have C supports.

Most of all I chose black eagles strictly for Hubert and didn’t care much for the others save one or two, but now I love the whole house save for one, which is actually growing on me.

This game is simply amazing so far and I have a feeling I’ll be playing it for a while.

I chose Black Eagles because my Mother’s side family has the coat of arms of an Eagle and Poland’s symbol is the white Eagle.

Loving this game so far please everyone protect Mercedes she is the bestest of girls. Love exploring the monastery as well feels like a real step forward for the franchise.

Fire Emblem Three Houses,
Playing normal classic, since this is the first playthrough I'm going with the easiest difficulty to really get a feel and make most of the new stuff, my second playthrough (which I'll do with Blue Lions) I'll do hard classic. Chose the Golden Deer of course for my first house. I'm gonna recruit Linhardt and Felix, especially the former since this first playthrough I'm playing as Male!Byleth, so I'll marry him to Linhardt later on when the game gets to that point (just used the default name for Male!Byleth, not sure what I'll use for Fem!Byleth though). The in-game cutscenes are certainly more charming when actually playing than watching from trailers. Exploring the monastery is so cool, and I liked how the house leaders introduce/talk about their fellow students in each respective house. Currently still exploring around the monastery, so sometime tonight I'll get right back into the game.

Fire Emblem Heroes, I finally pulled Claude last night! Now I can finally use a team I've been wanting to build and train. Also, his sprite looks great with the Officer's Academy hat on.

Oh another Ys fan! Hollow Knight as well controversial perhaps but Hollow Knight/tied with Ori is my favourite game of this generation I can’t wait for the DLC I always wanted to play as Hornet. :bulbaLove:

I hope they bring Ori to the Switch...

I enjoyed it :) I was having lunch with a friend and he recommended the 8th one which looks pretty good. I also loveee Ori and the Blind Forest <3

Jumping on the bandwagon to say that I've also been playing Three Houses and I am loving the hell out of it. I haven't played much yet but EVERYTHING about it so far is just so damn good. I've loved every Fire Emblem game I've played (yes Fates was a hot mess but I love most of the characters ok leave me alone), but I'm glad they're doing something different. They've really taken the series in a good direction here.

^ Well Three Houses takes minor inspiration from GotHW, so it's no surprise this game will be great and has a good direction for what it is.

Anyway, Fire Emblem Three Houses,
So I just completed the mission where you have to fight Lonato on the fog map. Brought Linhardt with me for this mission since I'm making sure to have my Male!Byleth's and his supports steady going, also been taking seminars to raise Magic and Reason as per Linhardt's recruit requirements. Also been walking around the monastery and talking to people and taking quests. Also, I'm really loving the fishing minigame you can do, never thought I'd want to do this in a FE game lol.

I've also raised Lorenz's and Hilda's support with each other, C rank currently. Let me tell you I ship them now, Hilda's lazy attitude about not wanting to fight and having Lorenz doing her training and fighting for her is cute and funny imo. Right now Lorenz's and Ignatz's support is ready to go to C, but I'll view that sometime tonight, I'm excited to see how their support will go!

Fire Emblem Heroes, I managed to pull Edelgard. Not gonna use her, but it's nice to have all four of the 5 stars in the current Three Houses banner.

Am I the only one here who's never played Fire Emblem? I did attempt to play Sacred Stones on my Wii U, but I felt like the game was playing itself. I should get back to it some time.

I've been playing: Pokemon TCG 2 for the GameBoy Color, Trials of Mana, Octopath Traveler, and Stardew Valley on the Switch.

Am I the only one here who's never played Fire Emblem? I did attempt to play Sacred Stones on my Wii U, but I felt like the game was playing itself. I should get back to it some time.
I'd definitely recommend getting into SS again. It's one of the few that gets recommended for being a great starting point in the series, along with Blazing Blade (just called Fire Emblem in the west), Awakening, and Fates (mainly Birthright). The general consensus is that it's a good game with mostly endearing characters and the relationship between the protagonists and antagonist is better compared to others in the series. That being said, Fire Emblem stories aren't super amazing, mainly generic with most you'd see in other fantasy works. The real meat is the strategy aspect of the series, and for some the characters too (both for me personally), though the Tellius games have the best worldbuilding in the series (FE9 and 10).

But yeah, try SS again if you want, and maybe some of the others if you liked it.

Back
Top Bottom