• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Fire Emblem Three Houses,
Now on chapter 13, part 2. Let's recap what happened in my playthrough from 9 to now: in ch.9 we are at the ball but Byleth decides he doesn't want to stay and find somewhere private, there is a special part and dialogue where he talks with Linhardt (whom I'm romancing this file) and they speak about the Goddess Tower being a place where close people meet again years later, and something special happens to them. So this is most likely a special scene for whoever you try to romance. Then we see the death of Jeralt, Byleth's father, after a battle. And let me tell you I haven't cried at an FE death since 4. Just seeing Byleth cry for the first time after witnessing his father die right before his eyes at Kronya's hands (disguised as Monica), and unable to stop it even with turning back time, just really hits you. I know FE is similar with Disney when it comes to parent/guardian deaths, and it shouldn't be surprising, but it's still sad. We also find Jeralt's diary and how he met Byleth's mother and that Rhea did something to Byleth as a baby, since he had a pulse but no heartbeat, and no emotions whatsoever, all because of Sothis being inside Byleth's mind.

Ch.10 shows a mission where Byleth and co. fight Jeralt's killer, at this point Solon returns and what looks to be like kills Kronya. Then we have a, what I'd like to call a minor Kingdom Hearts moment, point where he talks about darkness and the God that Byleth has inside him. Byleth gets trapped in a void of darkness and at this point, we realize that yes Byleth is pretty much a reincarnation of Sothis. Sothis describes that the only way to leave the darkness is to have Byleth absorb her fully, this is the point we see his hair and eye color change, to represent Sothis now finally being one with him, another sad moment imo. After that we, assumingly, kill Solon.

Ch.11 is the mission at the Holy Tomb to receive a revelation from the Goddess. This rite gets interrupted by the Flame Emperor whom we find out is actually Edelgard (not surprising at all though, practically everyone saw it from a mile away via before release and Edelgard's hate for Crests and the Church). Also Byleth gets a cool new exclusive promotion class.

Ch.12 is where the mission to defend the monastery begins, and you have to defeat Hubert, Death Knight, and Edelgard to complete the map. A cool cutscene happens where we see Rhea's dragon form (another obvious non-surprise lol). And so part 2 begins at ch.13, the long awaited timeskip. (Remember that I'm playing the Golden Deer route)

Also let me just say, I hope we don't see any more of those beasts in other games. They're fine to fight if there is one, maybe two, on the map, but more than that they are just tedious enemies that take a bit to kill.

Can’t read your spoilers your ahead of me but I can’t get over how good this game is. Nintendo really are on fire right now.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch) -- Been playing an eff ton of this game lately. It's completely absorbed me and I'm not even that very far into the story. I've just been too preoccupied trying to build things around my island and keeping my villagers happy.

Though I'm trying to keep my planning down since I read that the Isle of Awakening gets some major, permanent developments later on. So I don't want to build too much only to have it be destroyed later. Nonetheless I'm having fun discovering new room types and combinations.

Still need to get back to FF IX and beat it already...

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch) -- Been playing an eff ton of this game lately. It's completely absorbed me and I'm not even that very far into the story. I've just been too preoccupied trying to build things around my island and keeping my villagers happy.

Though I'm trying to keep my planning down since I read that the Isle of Awakening gets some major, permanent developments later on. So I don't want to build too much only to have it be destroyed later. Nonetheless I'm having fun discovering new room types and combinations.

Still need to get back to FF IX and beat it already...

I’ve not started it yet but I hear good things glad your enjoying it.

Stardew Valley. My new void chicken is named Violet.

Fire Emblem Three Houses,
Up to chapter 17 now. Had to defend the destroyed and abandoned monastery after Byleth reunited with Claude, the rest of the Golden Deer appearing during battle to help out as well. Mostly between chapters 13 and 17 was defending and defeating enemy commanders, so far killed Ashe and Ferdinand. I kind of wished I put more effort into recruiting them, but since Ashe is Blue Lions I'll recruit Ferdinand into that house on my next playthrough, and maybe more of the Black Eagles too (still recruiting Linhardt next playthrough too lol). Also got more supports raised during battles, just to let others know that are curious S supports only happen after the war is over and the bond between your Byleth and whatever character you romance is deep enough (you'll know when you see it). Tonight I'll complete ch.17, Blood of the Eagle and Lion.

Fire Emblem Heroes, I finally pulled Sothis! Honestly I thought it would take longer for me to get her, like a couple days at best. Thinking of putting her on a raid team.

Crash Team Racing

Since I can't play the remake, I guess I'll have to do with the PS1 original. I'm surprised to see that I'm skilled enough now to get the relics and tokens that I couldn't get when I was a kid. Just for completion's sake, I'll avoid 100% the game the first time around so I can see the normal ending.

In Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, I finally buckled down and took on the final low-rank village quests that I never completed on the 3DS. Brought my G-rank prowler, but the hunt itself still took 30 minutes. Didn't feel as OP as I thought I might, but these quests are certainly a doozy (not helped by the requirement of facing them solo). Of course, this unlocked a new, absolutely final village quest where you face off against the Fated Four in the arena, but these are high-rank versions instead of the similar quest with low-rank versions.

League of Legends: Working on playing 5 games with a few champs to do some recording so that I can turn them into videos to share on YouTube. I did my Tristana videos tonight, and I'll probably do my Olaf videos tomorrow night. (I would've had one Olaf video done tonight, but I forgot to start recording until the last bit of the game. I would've counted it, but what I did record wasn't really worth holding on to.) Also wanting to do the PROJECT missions that just came out.

RuneScape: The goal for this month is 69 Smithing and 95 Mining. The last double XP weekend really helped me make some solid progress on the Mining, and assuming I actually get 95 Mining this month, I may actually reach 99 Mining by the end of September and I'll finally have my first skill to 99!!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Mainly just playing this while I play RuneScape to make it more bearable since Mining is a more afk skill now, and I may as well do something while I'm doing nothing, haha.

Kingdom Hearts 3: I'm so close to the end!! I think I might be a little underlevelled for where I'm at in the game, but I'm hoping I can persevere through until the end.

Medieval II Total War: England. Skirmishing in Maine in an attempt to keep the French off-balance - I don't want an army massing in Anjou at this point. The Danes made a valiant attempt to take Antwerp, essentially destroying the garrison there. New levies from England are going to have to at least partially reinforce there. King William took Reims, which at least means his army can return to Flanders.

Clearly this is unsustainable, even being able to spend as much gold as I could possibly want. The next plan will be to try to make a peace with either Denmark or the Holy Roman Empire (Preferably Denmark, for the North Sea trade benefits). Taking Anjou will be an important objective, to simplify the defence of Normandy

I've been playing Titanfall 2 lately. It's pretty decent, standard Saturday night popcorn action if nothing else

EDIT: I've also clocked 75 hours into Yu-Gi-Oh WCT 2007. I just beat the 6 round survival duel using Necroface with Gold Sarc/Soul Absorption/Gren Maju Da Eiza. Now trying to pull a Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan so I can get through the last of the level 3 theme duels. I'm trying to unlock the level 6 duelists and once I beat them I'll consider the game beat

Last edited:
Medieval II Total War; England. The Danes sued for peace, which I'm happy to give in exchange for trade rights. This doesn't quite remove the threat to Flanders, but it does give enough breathing space to reorganise and rebuild. Continued skirmishing around Normandy shows I really need some more cavalry for forcing decisive battles. There's really two options available - lay siege to the fortress at Angers, which will be bloody no matter what I do, or try to take Bordeaux, which would be easier to take but harder to defend

Fire Emblem Three Houses, finished the Golden Deer route:
So I finally completed the Golden Deer route after 30+ hours. Essentially between chapters 17-20 is defeating enemy commanders and killing former students you might not have recruited. Dimitri is killed offscreen after ch.17 is completed, while you get a cutscene killing Edelgard a bit later. Turns out, that the enemy for the Golden Deer route is not just Edelgard but Those that Slither in the Darkness, the ones that controlled Nemesis (whom you see in the opening cutscene of the game), and Nemesis himself is the final boss. He is level 60 and has high defense, he also has shields around him (similar to the ones you have to break when fighting the ancient beasts) so to bring those shields down, make sure to defeat all the enemy commanders first on the map. They aren't too bad though, and their mooks even weaker, so it's best to have your units leveled around mid to high 40's. For Nemesis himself I just used Byleth, Claude, and Linhardt to defeat him, since they were higher in level compared to my other units (around early 50's) while the others only made minor damage, but they tanked hits so yours should too. After that you get a cutscene of Byleth and Claude defeating Nemesis, similar to the opening cutscene.

Also, let me just say that so far my least favorite map is the one in ch.21, The City Without Light. It's just too damn dark to see enemy, and sometimes my, units. Even with the rings around them! The map theme is cool though, very electronic, which I guess makes sense because the underground city looks futuristic (though it's supposed to be a ruin like state), so YMMV if you like/don't like that in your medieval games.

Just to say for those that are in it mainly for supports, there are multiple paired endings for characters. Hilda pretty much asked Lorenz in marriage, but for the ending Lorenz had a paired ending with Claude instead on my file. I think if you want a certain paired ending for other characters, make sure you reach the highest support first for any two characters you want together (if they have up to A rank), cause I realized I completed Claude's and Lorenz's support with each other first before Hilda and Lorenz. Though it shouldn't be a problem for your Byleth and whatever character you want to romance, since it's very easy to raise anyway since I got my Male!Byleth and Linhardt to marry after the war ended. Before the final battle, Byleth will visit Jeralt's grave and remember the ring Jeralt gave him, an option will then pop up asking who you want to give the ring to, so I'm sure if you have multiple strong bonds you have the choice of those characters. (I only had Linhardt since he was the only one I bothered to really focus on lol)

Soloed G-rank Chameleos (the online version) last night, a full 30 minutes but we did it.

Then I tried fighting G-rank Teostra solo -- emphasis on "tried". After that went south and fast, I remembered I still need Rathian Mantles for various armor pieces and upgrades. Or maybe I should gem Rec Level into my Brute Tigrex set, because speed eating is a huge perk in solo hunts.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Just started this today, and I'm having a blast already! I'm not very far yet, but I did promote all the villagers' (Alm's friends) classes in the first dungeon. Gotta say, the dungeon-crawling is shaping up to be a welcome addition, and the fatigue mechanic is neat. I'm sure later dungeons will get more complex.

Divinity: Original Sin (EE) - It's been a slow progress, due to how many areas outside the first city have high-level monsters that restrict where I can go at any given time, but I'm slowing inching my way up by completing side quests and finding the appropriate area to navigate first. I do hope the pace picks up afterward. It's been a solid ride so far, anyhow.

Fire Emblem Three Houses, started on the Blue Lions house this time and playing as female Byleth, since I'm not creative with names and don't want to use Byleth as a name again, I just gave her my name. Not gonna bother putting any of this into spoilers since there are few differences so far compared to Golden Deer route in part 1, mainly dialogue differences (both story and for Fem!Byleth) and character reactions to some story elements. Just defeated Lonato not too long ago, now just doing quests and supports again. For this route, I'm gonna recruit Linhardt again (of course, but not romance him this time), Ferdinand, and Lorenz since I only recruited the first on my last playthrough. I'm thinking of using the B support/gifting/tea party methods to recruit the latter two, Linhardt's isn't hard as raising magic/reason is brain dead easy early on, but I just want to see if those other methods are faster or not.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Just started this today, and I'm having a blast already! I'm not very far yet, but I did promote all the villagers' (Alm's friends) classes in the first dungeon. Gotta say, the dungeon-crawling is shaping up to be a welcome addition, and the fatigue mechanic is neat. I'm sure later dungeons will get more complex.
It's always best to promote your units ASAP, especially for a first time playthrough.

As for dungeons, Thabes Labyrinth is the final one post-game and it's stupid difficult. So if you want to try this on your first run, wait until your units are at level 20 to promote and max them out then instead, and maybe Overclass them as well (as they have to be at level 20 to do this). Make sure you are absolutely prepared and have better food/beverages with you.

Pokemon Diamond:

Currently at Fantina, I don't have any dark-types to defeat her, my only hope is my Floatzel, Mina, because she knows Pursuit.

Stardew Valley. Upgraded to the deluxe coop. Now I have blue chickens, void chickens, white chickens, and a rabbit. Just waiting for the dinosaur egg to hatch. Might have to build another coop soon.

Back
Top Bottom