• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

RuneScape: I got invited to a clan in game, and it inspired me to pay for membership. Gonna play more because I want to get my money's worth out of it and spend more time with my clan mates. Right now, I'm working on hitting this month's goal of reaching 95 Mining, and it's a lot easier now that I've got membership and can take advantage of the bonus XP I had saved up from playing on F2P; I'm hoping to hit 95 Mining by the end of the week. After that, I'm thinking I'm gonna take a little bit of a break from Mining and work on getting my Attack and Defense levels up to 50 so I can start making use of Rune armor and weapons when I start focusing more on Smithing.

Pokemon HeartGold: I picked this up to play while I work on my skills in RuneScape, especially the more AFK skills. I'm chronicling my adventure here if anyone wants to keep up with it, but I'm currently working on grinding my Togepi, Mareep, and Drowzee up to at least level 15 before I challenge Whitney's gym in Goldenrod!

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)
Still in my first playthrough, in Golden Deer chapter 16 on hard currently.
Thank goodness I had recruited Ashe pre-time skip, because I don't think I'd have had the heart to kill him in the previous chapter. I see more of him when my sister is playing the BL route, and Ashe is one of my favorites because he's just so earnest and sweet. I hate lava tiles though, no matter what Fire Emblem it is. Doesn't help that I have literally not a single flyer on my team lol. I reclassed Claude out of the Wyvern Master one immediately after chapter 13, and once Marianne mastered Pegasus Knight, I sent her right back to magic classes where she belongs. I'll probably try to use more flyers on my next playthrough to mix it up. It's going to be weird playing Black Eagles after this though; I straight up don't like really care for Edelgard, and I feel like most of her team is kinda meh for my personality/design tastes from what I've seen so far. So much so that I plan to just bring Sylvain (one of my other faves) into BE and S-Support him with my F!Byleth because nobody in BE is appealing enough anyway (I like Linhardt, but GOD is his hair awful post-timeskip, it is SO BAD). From what I've played, I'd say Golden Deer > Blue Lions >>>>>> Black Eagles, but who knows, maybe eventually getting to the Black Eagles will make me warm up to them more.

Tales of Berseia: Beat Rematch Artorius on Moderate, but I feel like a cheater because I had to use an item. He only had 20K HP left, but both of my revival party members were dead and nobody had the BG we needed to switch. And I sure as hell wasn't losing after getting that far, so I had to use an item to resurrect Eleanor, which pretty much got all our momentum back.

Digimon Hacker's Memory: Just playin' the story, raisin' Digimon. Currently in Chapter 4. Converted a Punimon to raise into ChaosGallantmon for no reason other than "I want a ChaosGallantmon". Probably gonna convert something for an Ophanimon as well, for that sweet Dawn/Dusk reference.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Completed the main storyline and will start the post-game very soon to see what that's about.

Divinity: Original Sin EE - Finally solved the murder mystery, after so many obscure hints along to way to progress the quest that I had to rely on an online walkthrough, and am now trying to figure out how to defeat a boss, and his minions, that can wipe out my whole party before I even get a chance to make a move on the first turn. No joke.

Fire emblem Three Houses- Golden Deer still.

Whoever thought up Marianne’s paralogue is a pure sadist. A fog forest full of demonic beasts and archers with your healer alone in range of the boss demonic beast is just evil. I’ve never used so many turn wheels and restarts and different tactics. Makes Blue Lions final chapter feel like a cake walk.I finally managed it courtesy of stride, dancer Flayn, well placed torches and my beautiful wyverns boys Claude, Seteth, and Raphael.

And Leonie being useless despite being a flower has become the benched member. I dont like her personality and now I don’t like her as a unit.

Outside of that this route is the least interesting. So far I’m not seeing much unique. Basically just the same as blue lions just with golden deer people in place instead of blue lions. And after Marianne’s paralogue, no secrets that aren’t obvious with the characters. It’s beicke my least favorite since I don’t care as much for golden deer members. They don’t really make me fall in love with them.

Hilda though is an unexpectedly strong unit. And Claude feels underwhelming. He’s not reliable that much post timeskip.

Got burnt out on Three Houses, so I'm working on finishing another game I started a while back: Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology.

I'm currently grinding so I can beat
Master Vainqueur, Epitaph, and the final boss of the Perfect Ending

I wish this game did a lot more with the grid mechanic in battles. At first, it seemed really new and interesting to me, but got old fairly quickly. I've enjoyed it a lot so far, and I really love the idea of moving back and forth through time to progress the plot.

Ever have one of those days when you randomly stumble across something and think "I need to look that up?"

Well for me that was last night and the indie game was "Golden Treasure: the Great Green", and since it offered a free demo I spent maybe 3-4 hours playing it.
It's a survival-adventure game (in the style of a visual novel) where you are a newly born dragon. Your basic objective is pretty straightforward: don't die. Hunt and eat other animals for food, explore the territory to learn new things and collect shiny treasures (to impress other dragons in the future), etc. You do have a general sense of RPG-like stats (health, energy, etc.) and fighting other animals often does resort to a strictly turn-based combat with a basic elemental triangle (fire < water < air < fire, with earth being neutral), but where an RPG would show you numbers this game only narrates those details in broad strokes -- i.e. HP is only referred to in terms of "fine", "battered", "injured", "crippled", attack damage is described only as "light", "moderate", "heavy", etc.

The demo contains the game's entire first chapter where you have a time limit of 28 days, because there is a village of humans in the territory (a group from which killed your dragon's mother) and a hunting party eventually discovers your lair. There's also an old, great dragon controlling the territory who isn't exactly thrilled to see you on his turf, but does show you mercy on account of you just being a newborn who can't even fly yet.

So I played through it, with a variety of smooth spots and rough goings (one cavern turned out to be an old mine AND a proper RPG dungeon -- a bit linear, but it did have occasional random encounters which I was probably a little underleveled for, and I did manage to score some minor loot). Among the events (some scripted by time, others at fixed map locations) were discovering a dead fawn that was apparently diseased (fortunately I suspected it wasn't safe to eat, so I only suffered a few days of minor illness) and an elderly honey badger that wanted to die fighting (but I'm pretty sure I was nowhere near his level of stats to do that).

There was a boss battle at the end of the demo, a rival hatchling who apparently claimed the next region and won't let you in without a fight. Which lasted all of about five turns before he killed me, there just wasn't much I could do to counter him. Fortunately, the game does give you a small supply of continues ... but simply throwing myself at him for another go is likely to be a foregone conclusion, which means I've probably accumulated a strategic deficit that can't be resolved by other than starting a new file.
The game has very distinct narrative theming, though, very much to its credit.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch) - Still playing and loving just about every second of it. I'm now in the late game story and am now tasked with finishing the castle on the Isle of Awakening. As great as the story has been, I'm looking forward to pushing through the last of it so I can finally have complete freedom to build whatever I want.

Divinity: Original Sin EE - Finally solved the murder mystery, after so many obscure hints along to way to progress the quest that I had to rely on an online walkthrough, and am now trying to figure out how to defeat a boss, and his minions, that can wipe out my whole party before I even get a chance to make a move on the first turn. No joke.
So here's how I dealt with this boss:
Since this ancient king would immediately rain a Meteor spell down on the party right at the start, the best solution that I found was to send one character alone to initiate the dialogue and take the beating from the meteor shower (and the minions), use a Resurrect Scroll and cast healing spells to bring her back in top shape, then have the whole team go in and take down the minions and then the big boss himself... because after casting that OP meteor spell, the big boss just stands back until his lackeys are down, and never using that meteor spell again (at least as far as I know). Everything was suddenly a lot more manageable from then on. A rather cheesy, unorthodox method to get out of that first deadly blow and win, but that was a cheap first-move attack itself. Kind of a bizarre boss encounter design, honestly.

Now it's on to the next zone at last!

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - I had to look up what there was to do in post-game and have completed all the sea route skirmishes... and that third one was tough. Makes me dread what that final dungeon could be like....

Last edited:
There's a new Fire Emblem -themed Tetris 99 event this weekend, so of course I had to play some matches to win the theme. No plans to actually use it, though -- not a FE fan generally, and the choice of music tracks used doesn't mean much to me.

We had a lot of losses (including more than a few embarrassing ones), but two very epic wins.

Stardew Valley. Third file- Got married to Shane. I now have a blue chicken.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch) - I have just now beaten the game and finally reached the end. And I loved every bit of it. The improvements to gameplay over the first have been great, the characterization have been truly top-notch (and I every bit ship the Builder and Malroth together), and heck even the story was great. I think the only thing that felt off was that the final boss battles were very easy. Extremely easy compared to the first game. But I'm also just glad to finally reach the end and have freedom to build whatever I want.

Though probably not for long. xD This game has been truly fun and I really do want to play more. But I also want to move on to some other games too.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Defects and all, this game is enjoyable to me, and it's not the soulless Smash clone that people claimed it was (that title goes to Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion). Too bad we didn't get the chance to get the final DLC, which was apparently Abe (Oddworld), Dart (Legend of Dragoon) and the Hekseville stage (Gravity Rush invaded by Journey).

Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei

Now I get where the MegaTen series got their reputation from... and it's supposed to be an easy game compared to the rest. I can't believe that I grinded for armor and weapons not because I wanted (like I do with other RPGs), but because I am afraid. I can't believe my party almost got wiped out in the first floor.

Back
Top Bottom