• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Playing as an orcish monk/pilgrim (custom-made class with blunt, hand-to-hand, no armor, restoration and enchanting as main skills and short blade, medium armor, speechcraft, athletics and mysticism as secondary). Just broke Mehra out of the Ministry of Truth. Boots of Blinding Speed + natural 25% magic resistance to reduce the blinding effect a bit + the bug that makes the "blind" effect increase accuracy instead of decreasing it = an OP combination that makes that otherwise terrible combat system almost bearable. Almost.

Ultra Sun - Doing a nuzlocke
SMM2 - Finding tips for a speedrun level
Gold- Doing a 3 mons only run
Black 2 - Casually Playing
Minecraft - About to reach the end in a world with my sister, and working on a legit survival world.
SSBU - Casually playing

L.A. Noire (PS3)
I've seen this game in its entirely at least 2-3 times because I've watched one of my sisters play through it multiple times (she literally owns three copies of the game because she loves it so much lol: PS3, PS4, and Switch), but this is my first time actually playing it myself. Since it's not like the story is new to me at all and I'm very familiar with it, this should be an easy - even if time-consuming - Platinum trophy. If it's not too bad to get it, I may just do it again on the PS4 remaster too since I do like the satisfaction of getting trophies. Makes me feel like I'm doing something productive, even if it's just a video game lol.

Still playing Three Houses...on my Black Eagles playthrough currently. I regret not doing this one first, actually, because I got so attached to the Golden Deer and Blue Lions students that working with Edelgard just feels wrong lol.

Monster Hunter World: Just started the other day and it's pretty fun. They want me to move on to the second area, but I wanna stick around for a little while to finish up the Anjanath armour. Coincidentally, I think I might have skipped a few tiers by taking down Anjanath. Perhaps the fact that her fire breath is literally a one hit kill should have tipped me off, but I am nothing if not stubborn, and I needed that pelt for the treetop campsite.

Monster Hunter World: Just started the other day and it's pretty fun. They want me to move on to the second area, but I wanna stick around for a little while to finish up the Anjanath armour. Coincidentally, I think I might have skipped a few tiers by taking down Anjanath. Perhaps the fact that her fire breath is literally a one hit kill should have tipped me off, but I am nothing if not stubborn, and I needed that pelt for the treetop campsite.
Yeah, you definitely did some sequence breaking; for story purposes you hunt Tobi before Anjanath.

As for me, nothing new to report in either MH4U or MHGU, but I recently picked up Celeste and while I'm maybe about halfway through, it definitely lives up to what people say about it.
The introduction of "Badeleine", the dark persona of your character, could be considered a spoiler if she wasn't so prominently featured on the game's cover art. It happens in literally level 2, anyway, and so far she hasn't failed showing up somewhere to troll a chapter.

Last edited:
L.A. Noire (PS3)
27% trophy completion as of now. I finished the Traffic desk, and now I've moved on to Homicide. Though I try to get in cars that look noticeably new (been in 33-ish so far?), I'll be saving most of the clean-up for the trophy of using all 95 vehicles for post-game Free Roam, same for the Golden Reels. I just... can barely tell cars apart in real life, much less in a video game lol, so I'll deal with it later.

Celeste, chapter 6. To say anything of what transpired in the story here would be MAJOR spoilers, but it took us a solid hour to finish it, and we did so with less than 100 deaths (much better than the previous chapter, with about 150 deaths).

Also, chapter 6 has no strawberries.

I found that Joy Division tape in Metal Gear Solid V, so now I’m happy. I also got D-Walker and Quiet to join my squad, so that’s cool, but a little overshadowed by the fact that I also found a cassette with “Snake Eater” on it. MGS3 is the first one I played, so hearing that song from the beginning of my journey, here at the end... it’s good stuff.

Now my mission is to find “You Spin Me Right Round”, cuz I heard Quiet listening to that and now I have to get it for the YouTube Poop nostalgia.

Monster Hunter World: Moved on a bit, most recent storyline takedown was Tobi-Kadachi. I also performed another session of sequence breaking in that shortly after arriving in the Wildspire Wastes, I decided to go kill some Rathians, and now I have a full set of Rathian armour. My newest project is Rathalos armour. I’ve got a couple pieces, and at this point, filling it out is mostly just landing a few more kills, though I do need to get a tail and a plate, which are a bit less guaranteed. Rathalos is a much harder kill than Rathian, since it can still poison me even once I’ve taken off the tail, and it spends a lot more time in the air. I’m considering switching to an insect glaive instead of a switch axe to land more hits thanks to the airtime it can give me, but it’ll also make tail chopping harder, so neither situation is exactly ideal.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses, currently alternating between my Black Eagles file and another Blue Lions run. I'm thinking of making Ferdinand a dancer in my BE run, I was originally gonna go with Linhardt for that class but I noticed that Ferdinand's charm is higher than Linny's, so I just decided to go for the easy win on that instead of trying to raise Linny's charm. And for the BL replay I might make either Dimitri or Annette a dancer this time, since in my first BL run I went with Mercedes.

Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem (DS) replay. I put this off for a bit due to other stuff, but went back to my replay again and I'm now at the fourth prologue, specifically Jeorge's this time over Athena's. Getting Caeda this chapter so I'm happy to use her again (since she's always been one of my favorites to use).

L.A. Noire (PS3)
On to the Vice Desk! Roy's a jerk, but man is he probably the most amusing partner in the game (my fave is Biggs though, so I've still got a little ways to see him), so I'm looking forward to seeing the cases again. Going into this one, I've got 35% trophy completion, and actually at least 60/95 vehicles, which is far better than I expected without actively seeking them out. Might not be too bad getting the rest post-game, actually.

Monster Hunter World: Moved on a bit, most recent storyline takedown was Tobi-Kadachi. I also performed another session of sequence breaking in that shortly after arriving in the Wildspire Wastes, I decided to go kill some Rathians, and now I have a full set of Rathian armour. My newest project is Rathalos armour. I’ve got a couple pieces, and at this point, filling it out is mostly just landing a few more kills, though I do need to get a tail and a plate, which are a bit less guaranteed. Rathalos is a much harder kill than Rathian, since it can still poison me even once I’ve taken off the tail, and it spends a lot more time in the air. I’m considering switching to an insect glaive instead of a switch axe to land more hits thanks to the airtime it can give me, but it’ll also make tail chopping harder, so neither situation is exactly ideal.
Rathalos's poison comes from the talons, not the tail. And yes, Rathalos has always stayed in the air more than Rathian -- bring an insect glaive if you want to go air-to-air, or load up your Slinger with Flash Pods.

Anyway, in my case we beat MH4U again. That is to say, defeated Gogmazios at the end of G-rank. Joined up with a random longsword hunter and we brought him down in about 30 minutes (much better than the nearly-50 minutes going solo my first time around) and right in time to level up to HR200 (not that any HR above 100 matters in MH4U). However, I absolutely need to get his rare drop (a Wartorn Dragonsphire) because I need it for crafting his insect glaive (any other weapon I can already craft, but the glaive requires his rare).

Then, on a completely different note, I finished Celeste recently. It really does live up to the hype. It advertises the narrative and the main character's "inner demons" openly on the front, but I went into it trying to ignore all the allegorical hype (seriously, my first impression of it was on an old Nintendo Direct which said almost nothing about the topic) and had a great time. Definitely made a point to only play one new chapter at a time, so that I could reflect on each one as I go and not feel like I was rushing through.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom