• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

I finished Pikmin & loved it. The final area was really well designed.

There were glitches & weird gameplay quirks that made it a little less enjoyable than later games, though. Things like the crushing glitch, and the decision to make Pikmin latch onto random things like Pellet Posies on their own as you pass by them, even if you're being chased by an enemy. That was annoying & lead to some unnecessary Pikmin deaths.

Other than that, I liked it. I probably won't go back to it as much as the other games due to the mechanical improvements, but it was enjoyable. I might try to map out an optimal route & do a minimum day run later this year.

For the thing I'm actually playing right now: I started playing Super Mario RPG! Despite my love for the game, I've never... actually fully beaten it myself? So I'm doing that now. Just got to Yo'ster Isle :V

Picked RuneScape back up for the new year. I have a goal to get two of my skills up to 99 this year, probably Smithing and Fishing, so I've been playing a lot the last couple of days since I have a goal to gain a level a day; easier said than done since I've been working every day since New Year's, but hey, some progress is better than no progress. I'm focusing on my Smithing right now, which is currently at level 82 (and I'm almost halfway to 83!).

Also picked up Bravely Second to play on my 3DS on Sundays while I wait for my mom to get off work since she's been staying later than me lately (and I don't want to have to drive all the way home only to have to drive all the way back an hour later to pick her up). I got this game years ago when it launched, and I never even got past chapter 1. I'm at the battle where I need to beat Minette for her Catmancer asterisk (one of the classes I'm most excited for in this game, even if it's probably not a very useful class), and I've been struggling a lot with it. Apparently I'm underleveled for the area I'm in, so I've been trying to grind to get the characters to the lower end of the level range for the area but I keep dying and having to restart since I haven't been saving. Hopefully this Sunday I can get past this part, haha; really wanting to play the rest of the game!

i've been playing a ton of Ys VII: Lacromosa of Dana and holy shit this game has so many twists and turns... @__@ it's also super grindy which is great and it's appropriately challenging on harder difficulties, too! flash guarding and flash moving are amazing tools that will always be invaluable to taking down bosses.

Still playing Super Mario RPG. Just got to Marrymore.

The minigame where you hide from the Snifits is the most stress I have felt in any video game. :V

i've been playing a ton of Ys VII: Lacromosa of Dana and holy shit this game has so many twists and turns... @__@ it's also super grindy which is great and it's appropriately challenging on harder difficulties, too! flash guarding and flash moving are amazing tools that will always be invaluable to taking down bosses.

Which version?

Fire Emblem Heroes

Scored another 5* (Tiki)

I'm playing Yoshi's Island on the GBA. I completed the game many years back but now I want to see if I can do it all over again in a new save file.

The Manga Works (Switch) - I decided to try this little indie game by Kairosoft the other week and playing it now and then. It's a cute, and kinda hard, little strategy game. A little addicting too.

That's out now? Cool! I've been wanting to play that since I heard about it.

I just finished this REALLY old gameboy game called Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite. Ahh, my childhood...

Final Fantasy IV (DS). It’s so fun! Currenlty climbing up Mt. Ordeals.

Which version?

Switch version.

also i just finished Ys VIII and i recommend it to just about any JRPG fan! it's grindy (honestly if you've been playing JRPGs for a while you should be used to this) but at the end of the day it's really rewarding and the combat is super fun. n.n

gonna be playing DQXI S next!

Back
Top Bottom