• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Still playing Super Mario RPG. I've just gotten to Bowser's Keep.

I've really loved playing with a Mario-Mallow-Geno party comp so far. For normal enemies I give Mallow the Feather and give Geno the Scrooge Ring. With the Feather, Mallow can use an AoE immediately, which typically takes everything out in one hit. Then, if there's anything strong enough to survive the AoE, I can just Geno Whirl it. (The timing on Geno Whirl has surprised me, in that it's actually very easy to pull off once you know when you're supposed to hit it.)

For bosses, I swap whatever accessory gives the best stat boosts onto Geno so I can give the Scrooge Ring to Mallow. Geno can use Geno Boost immediately on whichever ally has the boss' weakness, then I typically just have him use physical attacks for the rest of the battle. Mallow usually has at least one elemental attack that bosses are weak to, and he uses his magic attacks far more than his physical anyway, so halving the amount of FP he uses during boss fights has worked very well for me.

I know there's more optimal setups, but it's very fun, and the game isn't too difficult so I'm not burnt up about it :V

(I have of course switched Mallow out for Bowser now that we're in Bowser's Keep tho, I feel like I owe it to the guy since he hasn't been home in weeks lol)

Last edited:
I finished Super Mario RPG earlier today. Had a lot of fun with it, will definitely come back to it in the future. I really started to dig into a lot of different battle strategies towards the end there. Going into it I thought the game wouldn't have much replay value, but I've definitely changed my mind on that.

Now I've picked Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle up again, after leaving it unfinished for about a year and a half. I needed something that I could complete in the next couple days & scratched that strategy game itch without buying a new game.

I was worried relearning the mechanics would take awhile, but it was pretty easy to jump back into. I'm just before the seventh chapter of the third world, and from what I understand there's not much left to go. It'll be really nice to finally scratch that off the list of games I bought and never finished despite having tons of fun with them :V

Monster Hunter World: At this point I'm mainly juggling between slaying Rathalos after Rathalos after Azure Rathalos looking for enough Rathalos Gems to fill up every weapon I'm looking to upgrade (only 2 to go!), as well as every now and then swapping into various other monsters to build up research level on to keep things from getting too monotonous just killing two varieties of a practically identical monster over and over. The game wants me to go hunt Nergigante, but like, that guy can wait. I've got weapons to upgrade and research levels to increase.

Dragon Quest XIS (Switch) - As of now, I have finally beaten this game. Or at least the main portion. There's actually a hefty amount of post-end game content, to the point where the game hasn't really "ended" at all. But I've succeeded in clearing what is the game's second act.

Monster Hunter World: Got all of those Rathalos Rubies I needed. I was trying to open up all the optional 6-star quests before really moving on, but the only ones left were the special arena quests and no matter how many monsters I captured the quests refused to pop up so I just gave up on that. Now it's just boosting research levels on: Diablos, Dodogama, Lavasioth, Uragaan, and Black Diablos.

Terraria: I'm not sure exactly what though prompted me to try it, but I decided to see how many of the bosses I'd fought so far I'd be able to take in Expert Mode. Answer: Most of them actually! My latest boss victory is against Duke Fishron, and he was the only one I flubbed at, and even that was only right at the end where he goes so insane that I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to dodge that. I did get a Worm Scarf though, which I'd actually forgotten was a thing and it's an insanely good piece of gear. Straight 17% damage reduction is quite the bonus and honestly worth using at any point in the game. Anyway the thing I'm actually really putting effort into is getting the last couple drops from Fishron, Flairon (insanely good melee weapon that I really want) and the Bubble Gun (pretty shitty all things considered and only really after it for completion purposes). It's... Taking a while, given how uncommon truffle worms tend to be.

The World Ends With You. i am actually so terrible at the gameplay i can't progress easily LMFAO... which sucks because i wanna advance the plot
pokemon Platinum, for a year now. i havent finished it before. im in Sunyshore ^w^ my team is so awesome and exploring is so fun : D and putting seals too
this makes me seem so bad at games and you know what.... its true
and im gonna start zero escape/999 after exams

I am mainly focusing on a multiplayer server on Minecraft, as well as Let's Go Pikachu on the switch.

Fire Emblem Heroes, finally got both Ced and Shannan from the Heir of Light banner, got even more lucky when I pulled two Shannan's from the two available red orbs. Now I'm just waiting for the Tempest Trials event so I can get Itsuki from the upcoming TMS event. (hopefully Yashiro can be added later on in a future event)

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (switch), playing through the game again so I'm happy I can finally play this portable now. Playing on hard mode first and currently on Ch.1 after finishing the prologue last night. Itsuki, Tsubasa, and Touma are level 12 right now and mastered the few weapons you get for them early on, except Itsuki's and Chrom's Epee sword which I just got not too long ago. Now I have to go back through the illusory Shibuya 106 area, I know there's a quest from a Mirage on the 5th floor that I'll do quickly before I progress.

The World Ends With You. i am actually so terrible at the gameplay i can't progress easily LMFAO... which sucks because i wanna advance the plot
If it's the DS version I recommend that you focus on the bottom screen and let the AI act on its own. Of course, having healing pins on hand is a life-saver. Can't help you if its the mobile or Switch versions, though.

If it's the DS version I recommend that you focus on the bottom screen and let the AI act on its own. Of course, having healing pins on hand is a life-saver. Can't help you if its the mobile or Switch versions, though.
Oh Thank you for the advice! yea, its the DS version!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore, finished Ch.1 and will be starting Ch.2 tonight. Beat Aversa and got to level 15, before that I got some more weapons to master for Tsubasa and Touma, also got the Rapier for Itsuki but still haven't mastered the Epee yet. Also Kiria just joined so that'll be fun until I get Yashiro.

Stardew Valley. Second file- just married Leah.

MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch

My God, I didn't think the game would be as bad as it was described, but I was wrong. It's pretty damn bad, to the point I got bored easily from it. Also, why the heck is Cindy Margolis here? She was not featured in the show at all.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 3

I hate Chazz's normal story so much, specially since he used an Ojama deck that hindered me and refused to use Mirror Force or Dimension Wall when it could have saved us. I had to do the Damon/Don Zaloog duel four times until it used Dimension Wall to defeat them.

Back
Top Bottom