• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Fire Emblem Three Houses, just got to the month with the ball. Felix didn't have a high enough charm to even win the White Heron Cup so I decided to go with Yuri instead, by that point he already had 20 charm so it was a guaranteed win anyway. Speaking of the ball scene Yuri, Constance, Hapi, and Balthus don't have Goddess Tower event conversations sadly, I was hoping to see Yuri's convo with male Byleth at the tower since I had the highest support points with him so far (ready to go to A but obviously can't view it until the timeskip), but I got Linhardt for the event instead (second highest support points with him). It kind of baffles me since they all have tea party convos (with Constance apparently having two different ones depending on location), a few supports with other students, and of course marriage scenes with Byleth so I'd assume they'd have their own Goddess Tower events, so them not having any sucks.

Fire Emblem Heroes, doing the Forging Bonds event currently. Saving up the tickets as well to see if I can get Nils (finally he's in the game, been wanting him for a while now). On my free summon I luckily got a 5 star Rath (another favorite of mine that finally got in) and on my second pull I decided to do I got Rath again, though a 4 star, so now he's currently at level 31 with soon to be +1 merge.

In FE Heroes...well. Last night I had one of the most horrible Arena Assault runs I've ever seen. It was capstoned by this

VEK3gMY.jpg

Look at this horrible, horrible, battle, and on that map of all places. I had to pop my own LAzura and the Pressure Charm to try to instantly kill the other one with Norne,, but instead Surtr attacked her. She survived, but I had to pop my Special Blade

dD1XGng.jpg

Lyon killed LLyn, but then I had to figure out how to get LLeif because he kept rallying Surtr. Thankfully I could double and kill, and once I did Surt had no DC so he died horribly.

Other highlights included a +10 VFaye in the first battle, which had a lot of scrambling to avoid her, this situation in battle 2 which could've gone sideways, this ugly setup in the third where I had to figure out how to get LLyn and LIke to stop rallying each other after killing this chungus, the fifth which could've easily been obnoxious if LAlm got Repoed; also check out dat Kestral Stance, the sixth which was an armor team that was more annoying for barely missing certain kills than hard, and the last featuring this guy and...was shockingly easy to deal with?

No luck on the Lego, what little I drew on it with my shortage, but I did beat the Abyssal, highlighted by this moment:

EL9hfof.jpg

And in other games news right at this exact moment I'm grinding Milcreys, just because. Haven't update the wild area yet so I can. Max raids take so long even with animations off that I typed up pretty much all of this during the course of two and a fifth of them.

Ultra Street Fighter IV

I feel they did weird things with this game. I feel the unique vs quotes should have appeared in VS Mode instead, and making the character themes' multiplayer only was a mistake, specially when you have few stages.

Been playing Yoku's Island Express lately (bought it on sale a while ago after watching an Arlo video about it). It's a beautiful indie title on Switch that's a 2D sidescrolling, open-world exploration, pinball game. Yes, you heard me right, pinball. You play as a dung beetle named Yoku (his ball is the pinball) who works as a postman, and just got a new job on the island of Mokumana...soon after arriving he finds out that the island's god protector has been attacked by some mysterious entity and is badly wounded, and it's your job to gather the chieftains of the island together to dissect and discuss the problem and figure out how to solve it.

The game's appeal to me personally is the beauty and aesthetic of the world. It's very immersive; when I first popped in the game it was like 7:30 and by the time I had looked up it was 11. But a lot of its pinball puzzles are very creative and the gameplay, while frustrating at times, never makes you feel like a mistake wasn't your fault. Also the music is catchy and cute; it ranges from the typical island music (ukuleles, bongos, slide guitar, etc) to some pretty nice beats and even the inclusion of instruments like ocarinas, without ever losing its central beach feel.

I'm about a third of the way through according to the title screen and if you haven't played it I really can't recommend it enough. It's also on Steam, PS4, and XBONE so definitely worth a pickup if you own one of those consoles.

Since I got VASARA Collection once again (for the Switch this time) I've been constantly playing it at the current moment. I've played it quite a bit on the PS4 last year so having it on the go is pretty great, even played it on my lunch break at work. Anyway I keep thinking that I'll finally get through VASARA 2 without any deaths, but nope, still harder than the first game even on easy (though it doesn't help that purple bullets/shots introduced here can't be destroyed, which can mess up the flow of your melee attack, and later stages are just brutal regardless). Yukimura is still my best character on the first one, with Seiryubo still my best for 2 (though I'm not too bad with Takeda as well). I don't really stick with just one character on Timeless though lately I've been going with Akechi for that mode, I think his short-range energy balls/bombs work the best for me in that mode.

Playing Shield for the 384618974037419075143491870418395078th time. This time, a mono-fire run. Just heading over to fight Ice Mom.

I've dug back into Slay the Spire. Beat the third act for the first time yesterday! Since then I've done a few runs with the Watcher, and I really like their playstyle.

Back
Top Bottom