• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Stellaris: Reluctantly accepting that any consumer goods I produce are really just reducing the deficit - the Imperial minerals surplus will have to keep being sold off to service the deficit. Begun a shipbuilding programme to reform the fleets. Cruisers are sufficiently expensive that it makes more sense to simply buy the required alloys off the internal market. Alloy production on Incaladion therefore is there for upkeep rather than building.

Foreign policy is currently to build relations with the stronger players on the galactic stage while putting pressure on my regional neighbours. The Ethir Star Authority is still making claims on Commonwealth territory, probably believing that their defensive alliance with the Diri will keep them safe. I'm beginning to think it's high time they submitted as a formal tributary of the Commonwealth of Earth.

Just don’t know what core games I want next. The main thing I really want is to end up with a bunch of kinds of Poké Balls, Repels, Potions, and Escape Ropes. At first I thought one Pokémon could help me but I should use one that has a move that’s super effective or one that the foe’s had no effect against them to win and also having a stronger Pokémon battle while having my party be set.

Astral Chain-I finished File 11, which finishes the main story. Now after that I just have the bonus File 12 which rounds up the lingering questions of the story and some bonus content I believe. Really enjoy the gameplay and the abelit slightly cliché story, I know Nintendo apparently fully owns the IP now compare to sharing it with Platinum (though they did ask Platinum to make it in the first place) but I really hope they do something more with it than just this single game.

Because I've been a bit depressed lately I pulled out an old classic of mine: Breath of Fire 4. While 3 will always be my favorite, I won't deny that 4 has the better story. Anyway, I'm not very far, only up to the Sandflier Graveyard bit, which is past Nina meeting Ryu and Fou-Lu's first segment. I spent some time grinding for Zenny because the early game is all about paying people for goods/information. Also got the first item of the game-long trade chain: the Lead Ball. Ryu is now at Level 6 while Nina is Level 7. I've also picked up all the skills that can be learned right now from the enemy monsters: Distracted, Rest, Blind, and Burn. I also spent a lot of time fishing so I would not only have items for healing HP/AP, but also for the fish traders who, obviously, trade items for fish. The only fish I couldn't get at this time was the Rainbow Trout, as it won't go after Frog or Worm lures, which are the only lures available right now. I'll pick it up again later, as I need a break before I go into the next major bit.

Recently started Shadow of the Colossus, killed the 2nd one yesterday. Love the actual fights, but horse controls are pretty bad imo - apparently I'm meant to let Agro's AI take over steering? Never played a horse like that before lol. Taking my time with it since it's apparently a short game, might fight the 3rd one tomorrow.

Picked up where I last left off in Breath of Fire 4. Did all the events in Chamba (though I screwed up by not getting the Light Clothes chest during the segment where Ryu/Nina and Ershin split up to navigate a certain hex mist area) and, obviously, recruited Ershin. Added Cray to the ranks shortly afterward and did the "dream sequence" bit. I then apprenticed Nina and Ryu to the first Master of the game (the former because she's a spellcaster and the latter to boost his AP for his dragon forms, especially since he gains enough Strength naturally to mitigate the -1 point difference for now). Also managed to net a few more skills: Molasses, Command, and Eddy (he latter is one of the skills learned from the first master when you do a combo of 5 hits or more). Did the dam and had the old "woman" sing the song about the Endless with the Mud Dragon present, and then stopped for the night there.

Stellaris: Year 2231, 31st year of the reign of King Yeshowa, Lord of the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth of Man struggles to find space amid fractious neighbours - the Galactic Ethir Empire to Rimward (First contact 2210), the Nation of Poeblima to Spinward (First contact 2208), and most concerningly, the fallen empire Kraxroz Vestige near to Coreward (First contact 2219). Earth's military power lags behind her rivals, necessitating the building of defensive starbases in the border systems, despite the dearth of alloys. The scientists of Earth, led by such luminaries as Yun Zhuge of the Nomad, Jeffrey Rollins of the Sagacious, and the great Mercedes Rodriguez of the Trailblazer, push at the boundaries of known space and delve the xenoarcheology of the galaxy

While I have a blog for that now in-detail because Switch backlog cleaning reasons, I'll drop monthly updates in here.

JANUARY
- Link's Awakening Switch: Started and beat it in a few days.
- Super Robot Wars V: I've gone from Scenario 24 to Scenario 41. Presently in a loooong series of Yamato 2199 stages, with some 00 Gundam movie, Getter Robo Armageddon, and probably some Cross Ange alongside because its antagonist is responsible or tied into most of the events. May eventually break, especially if Mario 3D world comes out before I finish
- Prinny 1+2: Bought it, did three playthroughs of 1, mostly, to break up the robots. Normal mode, since I beat Hell's Finest on the PSP and have no desire to try that again anytime soon.
- Snipperclips: Bought it, did the first world.
- Pokemon Shield: Events and that's it
- Smash Ultimate: Spirit board events and that's it

Switch backlog aside, various things in FF Record Keeper and Fire Emblem Heroes.

Stellaris:

2232-11-23 - F79-class frigate completed at Tazri automated yards. Yards subsequently shut down for good.
2234-01-25 - Hiran Forerunners, believing Humanity to be a lost cause, request several million people as inhabitants for their species preserve. King Yeshowa reluctantly assents, fearing the strength of the Hiran navy.
2235-01-25 - HMS Acuity lost in hyperspace evading a space amoeba ambush in Xel Madak system.
2235-05-08 - First contact: Jibru Foundation.
2236-05-05 - HMS Acuity arrives at Sirius.
2236-09-23 - Galactic Ethir Empire and Nation of Poelina enter a defensive pact.
2237-06-04 - Colony ship HMS Manifest Destiny sets sail for Pesch IVa.
2238-05-09 - HMS Manifest Destiny arrives at Pesch IVa. Colony of Galmar founded.
2239-09-06 - Song Pan appointed the new Governor of Greater Earth.
2241-01-30 - First contact: Larongo Confederation.
2244-05-08 - Yun Zhuge, commanding HMS Nomad, founds the United as One party, campaigning for the centralisation of Imperial power.
2244-09-02 - Colony ship HMS Community sets sail for Kiram II.
2245-07-15 - First contact: Bessadon Galactic League. Enrique Alonso of HMS Acuity appointed new head of Imperial Physics Research Division.
2245-11-04 - First contact: Pallyrian Protectors.
2246-07-22 - HMS Community arrives at Kiram II. Colony of Maximegalon founded.
2249-04-11 - Odyssey Sector founded. Xiong He appointed Governor.

Stellaris:

2253-01-26 - Private collector found to be in possession of a First League artefact. Artefact is seized as state property.
2254-02-17 - First League capital system located.
2254-02-23 - HMS Potential sets sail for Sigard III.
2254-08-23 - First contact: Drull'Perlan Sovereignty.
2255-01-01 - HMS Potential arrives at Sigard III. Colony of Kaifeng founded.
2255-01-16 - Commonwealth envoy to the Galactic Ethir Empire found to be fraternising with the Ethir. Ethir refuse to return envoy, claiming political asylum. Commonwealth launches mission to covertly retrieve envoy.
2255-03-19 - Special mission fails. The Commonwealth of Earth loses face on the galactic stage.
2255-04-02 - Titanofauna of Maximegalon rampage, the result of a failed project led by scientist Mercedes Rodriguez.
2255-09-16 - Xeno Liberation Party founded.
2256-09-10 - HMS Heket sets sail for Ucrichi III.
2256-10-11 - HMS Heket arrives at Ucrichi III. Colony of Astramar founded.
2257-01-01 - Galactic Senate founded.
2257-09-02 - Sector of Terra Ulterior founded. Hana Okada appointed Governor.
2257-09-05 - Rimward Marches Sector founded. Katherine Wagner appointed Governor.
2259-01-01 - Alien cruiser found beneath Kaifeng's north pole.
2261-06-01 - Abandoned terraforming project discovered on Astramar.
2262-02-03 - Lady General Elizabeth Douglas restores order on Maximegalon. General An Lu dismissed for failures during the operation. The fiasco marks an ignominious end to Rodriguez's distinguished career.
2263-02-03 - King Yeshowa dies at the age of 94. King Boris crowned.
2236-06-18 - Song Kong appointed the new Governor of Greater Earth.

Trying to enter the Hall of Fame. I’m selling items too so I can become very rich.

Stellaris:

2267-05-10 - Colony ship HMS Purity sets sail for Fen Habbanis II.
2267-07-04 - Distinguished scientist Jeffrey Rollins dies at 110.
2268-01-06 - Galactic Market established.
2268-01-17 - HMS Purity arrives at Fen Habbanis. Colony of Ultima Thule founded.
2268-07-13 - King Boris dies at 90. King Gustavo crowned.
2270-12-30 - Xiong He appointed Governor of the Rimward Marches. Katherine Wagner appointed Governor of the Odyssey.
2273-02-01 - First contact: Meresh Silencers.
2274-11-02 - Alien cruiser explodes on Kaifeng. The damage is minimal but the salvage project is deemed a failure.
2275-07-28 - Commonwealth of Earth begins terraforming operations on Ophang IIa.
2277-03-04 - Scientist Mercedes Rodriguez dies at 117.
2278-09-16 - Death of Governor Xiong He. Katherine Wagner reappointed Governor of the Rimward Marches. Honoka Matsumoto appointed Governor of the Odyssey.
2280-03-30 - Russel Howell appointed Admiral of 1st Fleet. Sherry Poole appointed Admiral to the 2nd Fleet, Anoushka Chowta to the 3rd Reserve Fleet.
2280-04-02 - Commonwealth of Earth declares war on the Galactic Ethir Empire and the Poeblin Nation.
2280-07-06 - 2nd Fleet captures the Satrinias system.
2280-09-05 - 1st Fleet captures the Poeblin fleet base at Saradon.
2280-09-30 - 3rd Reserve captures the Howling Vortex singularity.
2290-12-06 - Satrinias system recaptured by the Ethir Empire.
2281-02-01 - Battle of Ucrichi. Commonwealth 2nd Fleet engages 20-strong Ethir squadron in the vicinity of Port Mercia.
2281-04-14 - 2nd Fleet claims victory over the Ethir for the loss of six ships.
2281-09-09 - Howling Vortex recaptured by the Poeblon nation.

I’m now in the Hall of Fame in B and changed time to get other Gym Leader numbers in HG. But somehow when I change the date, Daisy Oak doesn’t groom a Pokémon nor I rematch Bianca right away. But that was last night. I still am setting to 15:00 (3:00 PM) but she still won't massage the Pokémon she's just offering me to drink some tea.

Update: Nevermind! It's all sorted out in HG. I just changed the time to 23:59 (11:59 PM), switch the first Pokémon, and/or exit the house. Can do it in any order but the important thing is to do those things then and then go back inside, talk to Daisy and wait for the time to be 0:01 (12:01 AM) then switch the time to 3 PM and talk to her. I didn't know that yesterday but the main thing is now I got all 16 Gym leaders' (no matter what the order of GSCHGSSRBYFRLGLGPE) phone numbers now.

Last edited:
Because I've been a bit depressed lately I pulled out an old classic of mine: Breath of Fire 4. While 3 will always be my favorite, I won't deny that 4 has the better story. Anyway, I'm not very far, only up to the Sandflier Graveyard bit, which is past Nina meeting Ryu and Fou-Lu's first segment. I spent some time grinding for Zenny because the early game is all about paying people for goods/information. Also got the first item of the game-long trade chain: the Lead Ball. Ryu is now at Level 6 while Nina is Level 7. I've also picked up all the skills that can be learned right now from the enemy monsters: Distracted, Rest, Blind, and Burn. I also spent a lot of time fishing so I would not only have items for healing HP/AP, but also for the fish traders who, obviously, trade items for fish. The only fish I couldn't get at this time was the Rainbow Trout, as it won't go after Frog or Worm lures, which are the only lures available right now. I'll pick it up again later, as I need a break before I go into the next major bit.

I feel you. I'm for one glad we have lived through the pandemic with video games at our disposal. There is something about video games that soothe the soul, not to mention they can be a lot more fun than movies and series. Unless someone is playing The Last of Us or the like...

No matter how I change the time, I can’t battle Bianca and I have entered the Hall of Fame.

Back
Top Bottom