• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Rogue Galaxy: Yeah so I think I might've just picked a bad order for my ruins runs, which is annoying that it's even a thing you can do, because the Gladius Towers on Zerard aren't nearly as soul-crushing as the Castle of the Leo King on Juraika. Like, sure, the trash mobs are still kinda obnoxious, but I've beaten one of the bosses and, if the Mad Witch was the worst boss of the game so far, this guy had to be the easiest. That health bar just flew off, and being such a massive target means that pretty much everything we did hit and it was insane.
Also apparently if you hit all the save points on a planet you just get the full map and little markers for every chest you have yet to open, which is actually very convenient. So before hitting up Zerard I did clear out every chest I could on Juraika first. And it... Uhh... Turns out that I could have had the earth key as early as the second planet? I just... Never had the thought to go check the chief's hut for chests, so I spent, like, the majority of the game so far being incapable of opening chests that the game probably fully expected me to be able to open.

Samurai Warriors 5 Switch version, stayed up later last night so I could play it when it dropped at 12:00am and transfer my demo save over. Great so far, runs well and looks fine in handheld mode which is good for me since I mostly play in handheld anyway. Currently in chapter 2 of Nobunaga's story, mainly still early in the chapter since I just finished the first stage just moments ago. Mainly been playing around in free mode and getting started on making certain characters friendship levels go up, makes it easier so later on when I unlock more characters I can get to work on their respective friendships as well. Also been wanting to go ahead and level up and get skills for my current 2 horses I bought. I guess we'll see if this installment beats out 2 as my favorite SW game, but it's great so far like I mentioned, just wished a few other favorites of mine were playable (especially Motochika) but since it's a soft reboot of the series I can understand cutting back on some characters; holding out hope they'll have DLC involving characters as well, but if not that's fine.

Otherwise haven't been playing too many games lately, aside from Monster Hunter Rise for a while now; been trying to get certain armor for my character, palico, and palamute (speaking of, can't wait to get the Okami armor for my palamute this week!). Also been playing the Switch ports of SAO Hollow Realization and Fatal Bullet, played them before on PS4 and they're pretty fun, Switch versions are fine though I've been mainly playing these two while docked, looks better that way. And finally got around to getting Dig Dog on Switch as well a few weeks ago, it was $4 so not a bad price for a roguelike, it's a good occasional pick me up that can surprisingly be quite addictive; it's also kinda difficult at times in Bone Hunt mode, but Free Dig mode is pretty cathartic for when I just want an easy and relaxed game to play at the moment.

Rogue Galaxy: Cleared out the second Gladius Tower and the Cancer King Ruins on Vedan, took the key pieces back to Rosa and began The Lore Dump Phase. Got through all of that, culminating in learning Jaster's heritage and being allowed to open the gates to Eden. But first, I officially have all three keys. So I'm goin' on a Galactic Grand Tour to scoop up all the chests I missed the first time through, do the bounty missions I've been overlooking for so long, and actually do Alistia after it got unlocked halfway through the key piece arc (real weird time to unlock a planet by the way). Once I do that I'll actually go open up Eden.

Persona 5: Strikers (PS4 version). I defeated Hyoudou Mariko yesterday, thus 3rd Jail is done. I don't know how much I have left until beating the game but by the way things are going (each King (renamed Monarch for the English version to keep it gender-neutral) has been somehow tied to one of the main characters until now, so I believe all of them will have a "nemesis" per say, thus 6\7 Jails in total? 8 if you count Sophia? 9 if they pull a Mementos-similar final boss), yeah, still far away from finishing it. At least with the new hack and slash gameplay things run much faster than the common turn-based RPG one.

For the first time in like, what, ages, I decided to play MegaMan Battle Network 4 Red Sun again on the Wii U VC, resetting my old file. One reason is that, thanks to years of practice, and LOTS of trial and error, I finally understand the "proper" way to build a chip folder. In past playthroughs (and not just BN4), I tend to stockpile my folder with lots of PAs and random strong chips to the point that my folder is one giant mess of incompatible chips, especially in my early days. Nowadays I know the "proper" way to build a folder, mainly thanks to Team Colonel and its Liberation Missions, so I'm trying BN4 again to put what I learned to use. Plus, because it's the Wii U's VC, it means I can get the "secret chips" early on, so I've already added in several * chips and ProtoMan B for early easy deletions (plus the B code works good early on due to things like Cannon B and such). Anyway, I'm not very far, just at Jomon Electronics, having just talked to Mayl and Yai, while watching Dr. Hikari leave for work. I already managed to get my first PA: HeatSpread, due to deleting Spiky viruses early on and getting the last needed chip code in a Green Mystery Data, though I haven't actually assembled it yet in-battle. Had to stop for now due to it being my pet cockatiel's bedtime (and he gets cranky if I'm doing something in the room when he's in bed), so I'll have to continue tomorrow.

Playing Pokémon Masters EX and finished PML Arc. Then I hope the sneak peek sequel will be shown soon. I’m also playing Sword and Yellow.

Picked up MegaMan Battle Network 4 Red Sun on the Wii U, like I said I would. I just "beat" ShadeMan and rescued Roll from being dessert, giving the vampire Navi is just desserts (though catching that last CyberBat was an absolute pain). I also managed to complete and execute two PAs: GigaCannon1 and HeatSpread (I had mentioned I had gathered all the needed materials for the latter but hadn't used it yet). As a result I took out both PAs in order to streamline my folder, though I kept a Cannon * and two Heatshot B chips. I also managed to gather the needed chips for the PAs HyperBurst, LifeSword, and BubbleSpread, though, obviously, I haven't executed them yet. I'll probably keep LifeSword and maybe HyperBurst due to their wide range, but once BubbleSpread is used I'll remove it, as I don't want to repeat my usual problem with chip folder building. Had to stop so I could recharge the Wii U, but I'm up to the point where I'll show Higsby the Dark Chip that ShadeMan dropped.

Rogue Galaxy: Cleared out every treasure chest in the galaxy except for three on Alistia that I could not for the life of me make the jump for, did the Alistia story event, and cleared out every bounty I had except one that requires an item I can't get until, like, the endgame. Current Hunter rank is 4th in the galaxy, and honestly, if #1 takes more than just doing the last few bounties I'll unlock later, then I honestly don't really think I want it. Anyway, I've finally arrived on Mariglenn, the phantom planet known throughout the galaxy as "Eden". I am officially in the story's home stretch. We're about to set out to defeat the source of all Rune and the bane of Kid Lone's existence: Mother. My Monography Shot is at the ready.

Continuing my playthrough of MegaMan Battle Network 4 Red Sun. After lots and lots and LOTS of Zenny and Chip grinding, I participated in the Den Tournament. My first Double Soul is Guts Soul (which meant I had to deal with Chisao's fake kidnapping scheme). I was actually hoping for Fire Soul. However, after looking at my current folder I realized that Guts Soul actually works pretty well with it, what with several Null chips (mainly 4 Spreaders) and some secret "ground" chips like Panel Shoot means they'll get extra power. Plus, I will admit, the Guts Punch did come in handy against TopMan, especially since I boxed him in with an Area Grab and two Panel Grabs to make the Guts Punch's short range more useful. Not to mention TopMan actually gave me a bit of trouble so that extra oomph from Guts Soul did help.

Now, I'm really hoping that my next Soul is Roll Soul, since that Soul is so broken it was outright banned in official RL tournaments, thanks to the instant 10% max HP healing it grants with each chip, which can be a lifesaver. Anyway, I also completed four new PAs: LifeSword, HyperBurst, BubbleSpread, and TimeBomb+. I've since taken out the BubbleSpread and I'm debating if I should take out TimeBomb+ event though both its and the regular TimeBomb chips AOE effect has proven very helpful. I'm leaving LifeSword and, for the moment, HyperBurst, especially since Guts Soul boosts the latter and its components. I've also been abusing the hell out of the Chip Trader by purposely grinding for Guard1 A chips to use as fodder for it, and I've gotten a few nice chips out of it (I've already amassed 99 Guard1 A chips multiple times despite using at least 30 chips per Trader use). I'm up to where Mayl "invites" Lan to her house to do the event in Town Area 3 (which, as everyone knows, leads to their, dare I say it, DATE). Which also means the most agonizing levels are coming up (the Toy Robo levels... that music... brrrr...). Stopping for the night (and I need to let my Wii U recharge anyway).

Stardew Valley. Built a coop on the beach farm.

Still playing MegaMan Battle Network 4 Red Sun. I did the date with Mayl (the music in those Toy Robos... brrr...) and handed ShadeMan his darkness-enhanced keister with the Dark Sword chip. Then it was time for the Eagle Tournament. As fate would have it, my first opponent was none other than Roll! Which means I got Roll Soul, the very Soul I was hoping to get, right at the start of the tournament. While I don't like her "chapter" much (though it's bearable), it's worth it to get the most broken Soul in Red Sun. After all, instant 10% max HP healing on every Battle Chip means I only need a handful of healing chips in my folder instead of many. Too bad I can't extend the turn limit with the NaviCust programs like in BN5 but it is what it is. The next match-up was against Flave and his Normal Navi, which meant it was time to learn to cook curry. Ultimately beat him thanks to both Guts Soul and Roll Soul, as his annoying Fanfare/Discord chips gave me some trouble. Finally, my last match was with BurnerMan. After dealing with his and FireMan's flaming mess I beat him and watched his Operator set himself on fire. At least Mr. Match never did that to himself, so he does get bonus points in the argument he had with BurnerMan's Operator. I'm now about to face LaserMan... or rather GutsMan infected with Mega's Dark Soul.

Rogue Galaxy: 10-phase final boss defeated, galaxy saved. Most importantly, the first phase of said final boss only took three minutes, as opposed to the four literal real-world hours it took as a kid. Overall, the game was pretty ok. Nothing special, but kinda charming in its own right. I seem pretty much done with it though, since even though I know there's post-game content I'm kinda just done with the whole thing.

Sonic R: Just a nice short game I decided to have a little fun with today. Pretty much aced the whole thing. All characters, all the emeralds.

Tails' Adventure: AKA: That Metroidvania On The Game Gear Where Sonic The Hedgehog's Best Buddy Miles "Tails" Prower Obtains And Uses Napalm Against His Enemies. I've just cleared Polly Mountain 2 and gotten the Large Bomb, which, I believe, I have to take all the way back to Volcanic Tunnel for a hidden path to continue.
Things were actually getting pretty dicey in the middle, since I was convinced that I'd run up against a wall I physically couldn't clear because of a bug in the emulation in Gems Collection causing me to take damage from mines in the Sea Fox despite not touching them. However, after scouring the (often less detailed than I'd like) wiki, and various area maps, I was fortunately able to conclude that I wasn't actually supposed to be going the direction I tried yet, and was supposed to have an item to make myself invincible to actually get through the simply impossible path I'd selected, turns out it was not a bug, but a feature (though I'm still pretty sure the mine thing specifically is actually a bug in the emulation). Turns out I'd just missed a completely different alternate path right at the start of the stage using the anti-air missiles, so I was able to get back on track.

Finally got around to starting Persona 4 after buying it on Steam like 6 months ago. Currently moving through the first dungeon, and I'm enjoying it. I'm excited to unlock more of the game's life management aspects.

I'm also thinking about playing more roguelike games after watching a few streamers play some. I remember getting pretty far into Enter the Gungeon, but I have yet to actually beat it. I might pick up the Binding of Isaac too if it ever goes on sale, since it seems pretty fun.

Persona 5: Strikers (PS4 version). I defeated Hyoudou Mariko yesterday, thus 3rd Jail is done. I don't know how much I have left until beating the game but by the way things are going (each King (renamed Monarch for the English version to keep it gender-neutral) has been somehow tied to one of the main characters until now, so I believe all of them will have a "nemesis" per say, thus 6\7 Jails in total? 8 if you count Sophia? 9 if they pull a Mementos-similar final boss), yeah, still far away from finishing it. At least with the new hack and slash gameplay things run much faster than the common turn-based RPG one.
Ok, seems like I turned out to be wrong after all. I'm still not done with the game, but I might be close to it. There're no Jails for all the characters, and the next two after the Sapporo one were fairly easy (one had no King and the other wasn't exactly the traditional "Jail"). Right now it looks like I'm in the last Jail (even though I don't believe it since pulling a Mementos last trip in Persona 5 was completely unexpected to me), and now I'm wondering how the story will be resolved.

Btw, my copy is the localized one, so I'm unable to switch the text to Japanese, but fortunately there's the original voice-acting option (thus I play with it while reading all the texts in English), and they add a lot of jokes and slang words that're not in the Japanese version (not mentioning the excessive swearing, especially when it's Ryuuji) lol And I'm also not a fan of changing "Navi" to "Oracle", or other unecessary translations that're out there (the Trauma Room is first called トラウマ部屋, which roughly translates to Trauma Room, and that's the term the adaption decided to use, but then Futaba decides to rename it トラウマルーム (Trauma Room in English), and the adaption now changes it to Trauma Cell lol).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom