• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

I haven’t been able to play a lot on the Switch lately, but my dad and brothers have been getting into playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate pretty frequently lately and so I’ve been joining in on that. I’m, uh, easily the worst at it though. I’ve had a rare moment where I’ve come in second place out of five players, but normally I’m lucky if I even land a positive score, and I have yet to win one match :v At first I was playing as Samus a lot, and then Lucario, and for my last several matches I’ve been experimenting with using King Dedede, who I’ve landed a couple of satisfying KOs with. But my dad and younger brothers still fight circles around me and I don’t understand how they just throw my character around like a rag doll 99% of the time no matter what I try :v

I’ve also been trying to get white apricorns for making Fast Balls in Pokémon Shield, so I can catch Galarian Zapdos in one. I haven’t gotten a single Fast Ball yet, sooo this could take awhile.

Did a bit more ranchin' in Monster Rancher 2. I had to retire Hip-Hop early as his stat gains were getting pretty bad and he was struggling to win tournaments. So, he capped off at the A-Rank. I then created a Sueki Suezo to use as death fodder in order to gain Wracky, since I already had the doll that the "loony fan" sent Eyebolt a while back. And promptly froze Charles. I then spent some time combining using the secret seasonings I had to properly unlock Centaur, Dragon, Undine, and Bajarl, so I can now unlock them at any time. Now all I have to do is decide what my next monster will be.

Hades: Unlocked all 6 weapons, as well as claiming the Aspects of Achilles and Eris. I'm also reasonably consistently able to reach the final boss, but Theseus and Asterius have generally been repeatedly shaving off roughly two Death Defiances, making the last stretch rather difficult and not something I've been able to conquer as yet.

Decided to play a bit of Hades on the Switch a bit earlier. Got it on a whim today at Target this morning, I really loved Pyre so I might as well try it and see if it is actually as great as a lot of people seem to believe. So far I only got the bow weapon and some boons from a few gods, died three times but got some nice stuff through the mirror and a renovation thing from the contractor. Love the character designs for the gods in this game, though that's nothing new with this developer.

Also did my daily login for the bonuses on BSD: Tales of the Lost, don't really post about this one since I mainly just do battles to save up more ability stones for banners that catch my eye. Though I am really happy since today on the last day of the new Ultra Ability Fest Francis banner, I finally got SSR [Privilege in Hand] Francis F. Used two Limited Scout tickets to finally get him to come home lol, now my current team has three Francis': the aforementioned one, [Night Blossoms], and the regular [Leader of the Guild]. Another Francis I have that I use for the Red power help/favorite is [Kindergarten], even though he's just SR he brings in a lot of money in battles so it's worth it, also this one is really cute lol. Now I just need to try and get [Fables] Chuuya on the Fables Scout revival banner, since I never got him before.

Tonight I'll also be getting into Disgaea 6, so I'm looking forward to that one.

Hades: Unlocked a couple new weapon aspects, couple new powers on the mirror, as well as the real exciting stuff. I got out, twice. Once with bow and once with gun. Jesus Christ this game is so fucking good at blasting you through the chest with emotions and now I must keep going I need Zagreus to be happy with Persephone I need it. This game is so fuckin' good you guys I love it.

I picked up Breath of Fire 4 again. I had forgotten which memory card I had used with my previous file, as I had swapped it out when playing Monster Rancher 2, so I just simply started a new one with the current memory card. I'm up to the point where the party has the dream sequence caused by Ryu's Dragon's Eye. This means I've beaten the first two bosses of Ryu's side of the story: Joh VS Nina and Skullfish VS Ryu/Nina/Ershin. The party consists of Ryu, Nina, Ershin, and Cray. I'm keeping Cray in the back as he's the least useful and least likable in my eyes (especially since he later becomes a tier-induced scrappy due to getting heavily outclassed by Ryu, Scais, and Ershin later on despite being more of a tank). Plus I just don't like him and his personality, especially later on. No wonder Ursula is so fond of giving him verbal smackdowns due to his poor judgment and planning. Yet another reason why I like her. My party are near Level 10 but none have hit double digits yet. I've also spent a fair bit of time fishing and grinding for Zenny, as the early game in Ryu's side requires a lot of Zenny spending in order to progress the story.

Playing Pokémon Yellow and am trying to reach Lv. 75. I missed syncing out for all Seasonal Sync Pairs in Masters EX but got some nice pairs and one (2020 Summer Steven). I hope I will have enough saved gems and try to be patient.

Still playing Breath of Fire 4. I completed the events at the Dam with the Mud Dragon and did the forest full of traps, fighting the boss at the end. Then I backtracked a bit to do a bit more fishing with some new lures and tried digging for items at the Sandflier Valley, as I learned a while back that every now and then you can come back to the digging minigame to find new items, usually parts to make Ershin new armor. Got a few new items in my search. Then I did the secret passageway and came to one of my least liked segments of the game: the orphanage and Marlok. The former because of that annoying dog brat Chino and his "games" while the latter is one of my most hated characters (and Cray's attitude in this segment doesn't help matters, either). No wonder Ershin and Deis tend to call Cray out on his lack of cooperation and aggression the situation. I'm now off to the Sandflier Warf to do the "jobs" Marlok assigned us. But first I took a detour to do some fishing along with getting Stoll as a new Master (and losing all my Zenny in the process... at least it's still fairly early in the game so it wasn't a huge loss). I also upgraded everyone's equipment prior and managed to learn almost every skill available up to now (Shout is the only one I haven't gained yet, but I still have two battles with the user of it to look forward to... who also becomes a Master later on, so it's only a matter of time). Will continue tomorrow, as I want to do more fishing so I can get a few more Bass and Martin Squids for fish-trading merchants (as they tend to offer the best stuff in the game).

Forgive the double post but I've been playing Breath of Fire 4 on-and-off all day (today was a slow day). I returned to where I left off and tried to do some more fishing but I was unable to get any more Martin Squids as the Piranhas and Bluegills kept getting in the way. So I did the two minigames at the Sandflier Warf, completing both with high points before Marlok transported the party in the "VIP room" to the Empire's side. Then I did Fou-Lu's segment, fighting the owl monster Khafu before a second one knocked him out of the sky. Back to Ryu, since I was still low on funds I couldn't buy much at the Causeway Temple. Made it to the top and fought Rasso and his warrior spirit Ymechaf with Ryu/Nina/Ershin, who tore that tin plated goon to shreds. Did the next bit of story before my party got caught by Yuna and hauled unceremoniously back to the East, with Cray going on trial.

Met my newest "party member": Scais before the party (sans Cray, obviously) heading to Worent to talk to the elders about what to do with Cray. I did stop briefly at the newest fishing spot to fish and Shyde to get new gear, exchange some of my already acquired fish for rare items, and trade my Lead Ball for Bronze Ball, making the second step in the trade chain. The faeries (I hate that particular spelling) of Wychwood performed their pranks on Nina, forcing her to fight an innocent Sparrow (I hope my pet bird didn't watch that). After "rescuing" Nina we made it to Worent. Was told by the elders to go after his mother, Tarhn... only to get ambushed by Kahn. I tried to learn his newest move: Tiger Fist, but it wouldn't register it as a learnable skill, and he only has the AP to use it once, so I guess I'll just have to get it via him being a Master. Whupped the snot out of him in three turns (four if you count the turn I tried to learn Tiger Fist by guarding), only for watch him run away from his Master Una when she bruised his ego. After apprenticing Ryu to her I took the whelk and met Tarhn to concoct the fake King Sword scheme. Went to Mt. Glom and learned I needed a Faerie Drop to make a new King's Sword. So, went back to the faeries (god I hate spelling that word) to enter the Land of Dreams to fight off the nightmares and eventually Fantam. Ryu, Nina, and Scais made mincemeat out of him. So I got the solid gold poop Faerie Drop to make a new King's Sword. Stopping there for now as that was a lot.

Currently playing 4 games; two of them are story-based games I tend to play in long sessions, while the other two are games I can pick up & put down whenever.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - I watched a neighbor play this when I was a kid, but never actually played it myself. So I'm finally giving it a chance! I'm not very far in it yet.
Paper Mario - I've only beaten this game once, and it's been a long time since then, so I wanted to give it another shake. Plus, I felt like playing something cozy.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX - I've beaten the main story, so at this point I'm playing postgame dungeons whenever I get the itch for it.
Destiny 2 - Mostly playing this with my girlfriend, who is much better at it than me. I like being carried :3

I’m still training my team to Lv. 75. Unsure about raising them to Lv. 80 before Mewtwo and Lv. 85 for rematch.

I've been all over the place lately when it comes to gaming. Primarily I've been devoting my time to getting 100% achievement completion in TES V: Skyrim on Steam, since it's something I've never done, despite being a diehard Elder Scrolls fan. Aside from that, I've been streaming the first Zero Escape game (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors) to my boyfriend when we hang out, since he's a fan of the series and was interested in watching me play through it for the first time. Making very slow progress, but I'm almost at 100% completion for it... just one more route (the True End) to go!

There are also a plethora of other games I've very slowly been chipping away at, for various reasons. On my Switch, I've been taking my sweet time with the HD remaster of SMT III: Nocturne, because I'm not enjoying it in the slightest but I'm too determined and stubborn to put it down for good. There's also the pixel remaster of Final Fantasy which I'm also streaming to a friend, and we've both been pretty busy doing our separate things, so I haven't had a chance to get too far in it yet (we're also still crawling through that Dark Souls playthrough... it's been like, two years... help me...). And then finally, I've been enjoying the occasional Splitgate match with my boyfriend and some friends. It's a seriously addictive game.

Still playing Breath of Fire 4, though I couldn't get much done today due to an unforeseen factor cropping up. What I have done is get the replica King's Sword and tried to present it to Ludia only for the party to have to bust Cray out the old fashioned way and head to Worent again. After getting Cray outfitted with some new gear the party headed to Tarhn to get the Jadestone so the party can go to Wyndia to see the Wind Dragon to ask about Ryu, as the Empire is clearly looking for him, hence all the changes to the treaty in exchange for "returning" the "real" King's Sword. During the trip over had the encounter with the faerie to start building the faerie village. Sent pretty much all three faeries out to hunt, which now unlocks the hunting minigame. This one I actually like, as similar to the fishing minigame, it's not mandatory to the plot and it nets you various useful items: Ribs, Roast, Flank, and Loins, which is the most efficient way to get these items outside of rare monster drops. At the start of helping the faeries hunt I tend to give them the "better" cuts (Flank and Loins) while keeping the "lesser" cuts for myself (Ribs and Roasts), as the higher quality the meat, the more faeries it'll feed, thus the faster the faerie village will grow (though I did help myself to a few Flanks and one Loins so I can have them organized in my inventory for later). Plus, doing the faerie village helps unlock the Master Mjomo, which is necessary later on, though I haven't quite met the "requirements" to get her as a Master just yet. Spent a bit of time doing the hunting minigame before moving on. Got to Wyndia and got Momo (from Breath of Fire 3, my favorite game in the series) as a new Master. Met with the King of Wyndia/Nina's father and was given permission to meet the Oracle of the Wind so I can meet the Wind Dragon. Stopped there for now due to the fact I need to get ready for the aforementioned unforeseen factor that got thrown at me on such short notice.

Back
Top Bottom