• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Once I’m done with both Yellow and Emerald. I don’t know what to play after that. Currently am playing Go.

Hades: Witnessed the ending of the main storyline. Made the required 19 successful escapes in only 31 attempts, which I'm informed is actually a pretty good pace. I've also unlocked both non-Secret aspects for all weapons except the Twin Fists of Malphon, of which I still need to unlock the Aspect of Demeter.

Did a bit more Breath of Fire 4 this morning. I didn't do much, mostly fishing and hunting minigames, as I wanted to stockpile items for later, along with the occasional battle here and there, mostly in the Wyndia region. I managed to max out the food levels for the faeries for the time so that allowed me to take some of the better cuts for myself this time. During one of my fishing trips I was trying to catch Salmon using my best lure: the Deep Diver, but I instead keep hooking Browntails. By the end of that little attempt I had hooked 46 Browntails but not a single Salmon. Yes, in one sitting I got 46 Browntails because they just wouldn't leave the lure alone. I knew that hooking Salmon would be tough, as both "Minnow" and "Top" type lures are only a Level 3 on it (the lower the number the more likely the fish will bite), which was better than the only other lures I have that would attract it (Frog and Worm, which are Level 4 to Salmon), so I had to try using the Deep Diver, a Minnow-type lure, in hopes of getting at least one. Didn't pan out. Sadly, I can't get the best lure: King Frog, until post-game, which is a flat Level 0 on all fish, meaning everything bites it, so I may have to try again or wait until later. I also backtracked a bit to the Ludia region for more fishing, hunting, and battling before stopping.

Am playing through Tales of Arise, if only to take my mind off my grandmother's passing.

I'm sorry for your loss. I remember when my grandma passed away. Still hurts to this day. My her soul join the stars as one of them.

Anyway, on topic, I've been jumping back and forth between two games. First off...

Still playing Breath of Fire 4. I finally figured out why I was having trouble getting Njomo the faerie to become a Master: I had to build at least one house in the Faerie Village in order to get her. So I had to waste enough time for the house to be built before I could get her as a Master, which I eventually succeeded. I also finally continued with the story, completing the events with the Oracle of Wind and Scais "betraying" the party to inform the Ludians about Ryu being a dragon, thereby setting their plan into motion. I got the Wind Flute that is needed to get into the tower (forgot the name) so I can meet the Wind Dragon.

At the same time, I've finally picked up Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition again. I had started a file in the original Cyber Sleuth ages ago, saving it at the end of the prolog before forgetting about it. So, I started it up again. I forgot how much fun the game is, easily my favorite Digimon game. Anyway, after Takumi (yeah, I kept the PC's standard name for this run for simplicity sake) got outfitted with his new half-cyber body I did the investigation into Central Hospital and interrogated Yuuko before making my escape from Rei. I then took care of Yuuko's "case" about her "father" being "missing". Did all the side cases and all the DLC-exclusive stuff (including getting the chibi Royal Knights and such) before moving onto Nokia's case in rescuing Agumon and Gabumon from Zaxon hackers and fought Jimmiken. Since my team would be at a disadvantage at first (all three of my Champions were Vaccine-types because of memory limitations), I swapped out one of them for Crusadermon DX so I'd have a Virus-type to counter the two Meramons in Jimmiken's party. For that battle my party was Ryu the GeoGreymon, Nina the Sorcerimon, and Rosa the Crusadermon DX (yeah, the first two are named after Breath of Fire characters, as it is my favorite RPG franchise, and I know that Scorcerimon is male, I was using that particular form to gain a certain move for the real path I wanted her to take). Took Jimmiken down and now I'm on my way to the digital labyrinth/shift to partner up with Arata. Since I had managed to gain some Memory Ups I was finally able to added Lunalight the Keramon and Grace the Sunflomon back into my team. Now I'm just waiting for my Switch Lite to finish recharging before continuing.

Finally finished my playthrough of TES V: Skyrim on Steam, with 100% achievement completion like I was aiming for. ~ヾ(^∇^) I also finished the final route of Zero Escape (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors) with my boyfriend, again with 100% achievement completion; that True End was well worth the time investment. Decided to give up on my SMT III: Nocturne HD Remaster playthrough, though, as I was literally just incredibly bored and it felt like I was wasting time on playing a game I wasn't enjoying in the slightest when I could be devoting that time to something I love. Shame, I didn't want to be one of those Persona fans who've never played a MegaTen game, but it just wasn't for me. :'/

With those three games over and done with, I finally have time to start NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... and so far I am REALLY enjoying myself! (^∇^) Nier is a series I've been interested in getting into for a long time, and although I bought Automata a few years ago, I never actually got around to playing it; since the Replicant remaster came out recently, I thought it made more sense to start with the prequel. It's one of those games I knew instinctively would be right up my alley, and it certainly hasn't disappointed so far. I want to finish my chores for the day so that I can go play it right now, actually...

Aside from that, I've also been playing through the Nekopara series of visual novels on Steam. I've owned all of them for a little bit now but never actually finished playing through all of them. They're cute enough VNs; I'm on the 3rd installment right now.

Finished my playthrough of Pokemon Black and my loooooong dead playthrough of Pokemon Sapphire to check them both off my list. I've since started a playthrough of Pokemon Y with the goal of using the EXP Share as little as possible to make things more challenging.

I'm also playing through the postgame of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX thanks to one @Caprizant 's replay. Funny story, my mother came downstairs while I was playing it on our TV one day and asked what it was; I told her the name of the game and she actually recognized it as similar to the original ("that sounds like the name of a game you used to have as a kid")! How observant of you, Mom, but I still have the original too :p

In other news, nearing the end of Metroid Fusion and I'm glad that I'm giving myself about a month's break before Dread comes out, as I'm starting to get a little sick of the Metroid formula? I am very interested to see how they do things in Dread because my main complaint with the series is that you kinda have to put morph bombs everywhere to figure out how to advance? People praise this as good game design to "encourage exploration and backtracking" but I see it as archaic game design, personally. Games like Hollow Knight do it a lot better I think, or at the very least do it in a more modern way.

Still chugging through Bravely Default and Pokemon Conquest.

Played a bit of Cattails which I got last night on sale in the Switch eShop. It's cute so far, though that opening made me tear up when the cat you make gets abandoned on the side of the road over a small, no big deal accident while playing (side rant: I hate anyone that thinks it's okay to just abandon a pet like that). It does remind me a bit of the Warriors Cats series, mainly with the clans, hunting, patrolling, and fights; but it's surprisingly a good relaxing game so far. There are three clans you can choose to join: Forest, Mountain, and Mystic, decided to go with Forest first since they're apparently pretty strong (and I chose Normal mode first, so I think some good backup in fights can make some of them more fair, as the fights are surprisingly hard at times). You can also make your own clan apparently, but I think that's later on in the game. I also like how there are skills and you can make them stronger/better, I'm happy for that since I suck at hunting so far lol, gonna put most of my skill points into that first so I'm not always hungry and wasting daylight constantly hunting.
fun fact it's actually made by someone who is heavily involved with the music video side of the Warrior Cats fandom

Still playing Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. I've completed several areas/cases since last time, including both Digital Shifts/Labyrinths with Arata, infiltrating Kamishiro and recovering the case files (while also whupping the snot out of Jimiken again, as I came prepared for his little battle), the disappearances case which is connected to one of the Digital Shifts/Labyrinths previously mentioned, the underground quasi-labyrinth leading to the Tokyo Metropolitan Office, and several side cases. I've also managed to level up my team considerably and got many of them up to Ultimate (though I did have to dedigivolve one of them in order to clear up memory space so I could be ready for Jimiken). I also now have two Farm Islands, which is good as my first one is at max capacity. I'm in the process of trying to raise certain Digimon for later, but many of them require high ABI (specifically, Mastemon, Lilithmon, and Beezlemon, all of whom are 80 ABI Digimon, and the former being a DNA digivolution, so I'm raising a secondary set of Angewomon and LadyDevimon for that task), so that'll take some time. I also need to raise more physical Digimon, as the only main party member that's physical-based is Ryu the RizeGreymon (the other teammates are Nina the Angewomon, Lunalight the LadyDevimon, and Grace the Sunflomon, the latter of whom was the one who was dedigivolved from Lilamon in order to make room for Nina's Digivolution, as at the time I was still having memory space issues, with all three of them being "magic" users). I also had to box my starter a while ago so I could make room (Terriermon was my starter, but I diverged from his normal path and ended up with HippoGryphonmon instead of Rapidmon, who got dedigivolved back into Unimon recently because he needs more ABI to go any further). Taking a break so I can have dinner.

Alternating between Tales of Arise and Xenoblade Chronicles DE. Arise arrived the other day and it's easily a contender for my personal GOTY - the environments are so aesthetically pleasing and the combat is quite fun. As for Xenoblade, I've just arrived at Mechons Field - I'll complete this dungeon then get everyone's 4th skill tree before proceeding to Agniratha.

Training my team to Lv. 50 in Emerald and still need my team to Lv. 75 in Yellow.

I've added Mario's Super Picross to all the other things I'm currently playing.

I started playing it in bed last night while listening to videos. I have never played or seen gameplay of Picross before (all I knew was it was a puzzle game), and the text of Mario's Super Picross is all in Japanese because it was never localized, so figuring out the rules of the game with no context was fun. It's kind of like Voltorb Flip, except the results form a picture.

I'm probably gonna keep playing this at night, or whenever I just need something mindless & chill for my hands to do.

Playing Emerald and also playing the Villan Arc Prelude Event in Masters EX. The challenges are tricky and it's hard not save my gems. I want to make sure I get the spotlight before the promotion ends.

Finished Deltarune Chapter 2 today. Thoughts on story developments below:

This seems increasingly strongly to be a post-Genocide Run world, in which Chara is repeatedly creating new realities and challenges in which to have fun; the ending strongly indicates that they may be the Knight. The as-yet remaining piece of the puzzle is the nature of the world above - it is of course possible for the cast to have their individual happy endings after Genocide, but it seems they're all suffering from some kind of collective amnesia, perhaps brought about by Chara in some way.

As with Jevil in the previous chapter, Spamton gives obscure hints that Something Is Up, and he seems to be one of very few people who perhaps realises that his reality is little more than a game. It might explain his knowledge of where to find Mettaton's body, which wouldn't exist outside of a Genocide run, and his attempt to commandeer it.

Last edited:
Finished part 1 of Battle Giovanni. Though it’s hard. I will raise my Stars.

Still playing Emerald and trying to catch as much Pokémon as I can in both Emerald and Yellow.

Back
Top Bottom