• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Taking a bit of a break from the Castlevania Advance Collection so I can progress more into SP and SMTV, though sometime next month I might do another replay of Symphony of the Night; every December I usually replay a Castlevania game around Christmas time, not exactly sure why I started doing that, but I guess it started to become some odd tradition for me lol.

Anyway, got further in Shining Pearl. Beat Roark last night and got the Coal Badge, afterwards I trained my team so now I have Prinplup, Luxio, and Staravia. Earlier today I reached Floaroma Town and beat Team Galactic at the Valley Windworks, also got the free gift Jirachi and Mew afterwards and caught a few more Pokemon to fill out the Pokedex (mainly just Buizel and Shellos west). I decided to put Mew in my team for now, mainly to level it up a bit. Now I'm at Eterna Forest and met Cheryl, thinking of catching a Buneary after I help her leave the forest, then before facing Gardenia I'll try and catch a Ponyta to help out a bit.

Also got a bit further in Shin Megami Tensei V. Last night I cleared away the third abscess and grinded for a bit. Just a bit before getting on the computer, I grinded out some more and completed a few side quests and getting Apsaras from one of them. Afterwards I fused a few demons to get certain specific ones, so now my current demons are Mermaid, Fortuna, and Bicorn; gonna have to grind more levels later on cause another demon I want, Inugami, is somewhat high leveled at 45, so it'll certainly take a while but I'm patient. Then I went ahead and beat the Hydra, he was a bit challenging, but still doable with my current level at 15 and my current demons.

All of my gaming time recently has been in Pokemon Shining Pearl, though I did start Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies for a first playthrough right before the game came out because I just felt the AA urge. Made my way through the intro case and the first main story case before Pokemon released.

My BDSP copy is on its way.

As for C, I’m thinking of training my team to Lv. 40-45. I can play any games I want to play.

Pokemon Shining Pearl. Beat Gardenia and acquired my second badge, before that though I decided to get the item for the underground and do a bit of that first. Caught a few Pokemon, mainly Lickitung, Cherubi, Combee (female, as I want to use Vespiquen on my team for a bit), and Houndoom (which I decided to use instead of Ponyta, since it was female I decided to name her Nitocris after my third favorite Fate character); also found two statues for my base, which are Gliscor and Dusknoir, I just put up the Dusknoir one for now since I want higher chances to come across Ghost types. Currently my team is now Prinplup, Luxio, Staravia, Houndoom, and Vespiquen (temporary, evolved right after clearing the Galactic building). Now that I finished beating Jupiter in Galactic's building, I think tonight I'll explore the Old Chateau in Eterna Forest, mainly to see if the ghosts/portrait with following eyes are there like the originals and to hear the remakes take on the theme.

Shin Megami Tensei V. Last night I fought Nuwa and "beat" her then met her cute partner Shohei, afterwards I reunited with Ichiro and Yuzuru and went back to our Tokyo, only to find out it's actually a fake. Bit of a slow intermission while we were back in school, saw some nasty bullying on a girl then had to talk to Tao about it (as an aside, I don't really like her or her friend Miyazu all that much lol). After that fought the first Lahmu battle at a shrine then had to follow him back to school and clear out any demons we come across, now I'm back in Da'at and had to rescue a few students that were taken. I think either tonight or tomorrow I'll continue on and see which next boss I have to fight, since where I'm at I have a feeling one is coming up. Oh and I'm blind apparently, I can fuse my demons to get Inugami at level 24, not 45 like I thought it said (doesn't help that I was looking at it's darkened portrait instead of the left side of the screen, it's an annoying habit I have), luckily I'm one level away so soon I'll be able to get it.

Shining Pearl. Current team is.
Mad Vlad (Crobat)
Jezebel (Mismagius)
Skops (Drapion)
Chelyster (Torterra)

Currently dealing with Fantina's Gym, finishing off all the Gym Trainers first. I love how a lot of the trainers in this Gym outright acknowledge that you're most likely deliberately getting the math questions wrong, just so you can mess with them.

Now that's Zelda the wind waker, and ocarina of time...
In fact I had already finish wind waker, but I start again, to have the bonus of different clothes (yes, just for that!)
And I no started yet Ocarina of time, but will in few days.

Brilliant Diamond (my double pack came in the mail today).

I sorta missed some info but that’s okay. I chose Piplup.

Playing Dragon Quest 6 DS to check out differences with the Super Famicom version and so far it's been pretty much the same. Read counts online that apparently the game was made too easy in the remake, but i have been pretty much struggling in the same areas as i struggled in the original version.

The much better menuing and the party chat system (characters are also given a lot more dialogue lines compared to the original) giving the player characters much needed characterization. Soundtrack is probably my favorite in the series. All of this raised this game from my least favorite in the series to somewhere around the middle.

If anyone is gonna give it a try, play the remake.

For C, just am at least trying to reach the 40s. I sorta don’t need to level up to 15. Now BD. My team is sorta okay. I did won but both 2 of my Pokémon fainted for my first Gym. I at least didn’t chose any that are weak/resistible.

Pokémon Shield

It’s been awhile since I found the time to play this. Started by redeeming some codes I had been given for shiny Zacian, shiny Celebi, and Zarude, then did some raids and apricorn searching around the Isle of Armor. I caught a Modest Sylveon from a raid (which my new shiny Zacian obliterated handily) and an Adamant Morpeko from the wild in Challenge Beach, so I added those two to my team and began training them up! None of the White Apricorns I gathered today yielded a Fast Ball, unfortunately, so I decided to finally start looking for Galarian Articuno in the Crown Tundra. Before I found it, I caught a wild Mime Jr. with the Modest nature, so I fully evolved her into Mr. Rime! After that, my pursuit of Articuno ensued, and I finally managed to save my game before the point where I could challenge it to battle. After a lot of retries, I finally caught my Galarian Articuno in a Premier Ball! The nature is a completely neutral one, but that can be fixed with a mint some other time.

Did you know that attempting to optimise enchantments in Minecraft is willing self-torture? Like, I still really want to get good ranks of protection for my armour, and I'd really like fortune for my pick, but the system is just so obnoxious that I don't really want to do it anymore. I might have to just jump into the Nether and move on before going back to trying to pump up the rarer enchantments.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: I heard it was good, so when I saw it was marked down in a black friday sale I figured why not. It's not bad. Very chaotic and occasionally difficult to follow, especially given how many things you need to juggle and how many buttons you're holding and micromanaging at a given moment. I feel like I'll probably fall into the motions it expects of me eventually, but so far it's, yeah, chaotic. Anyway we just sold Groot to pay our Nova Corps fine.

Taking a break from Pokemon I picked up Breath of Fire 2 on the Switch. Hello translation errors and insane encounter rates galore. I'm not very far, just up to the point where Bow is forced to leave the party by going into hiding after Yuna Patty the phantom thief got him blamed for a crime he was going to commit but got beaten to the punch. So, Ryu has to hunt for his long-lost sister the thief and clear Bow's name.

Pokemon Shining Pearl. Haven't done too much since I'm still looking for a Gible and spending a bit more time in the Grand Underground. I've found a few more Pokemon statues though one of which I already have (Gliscor), also been catching some more Pokemon in the hideaways. Caught another Houndoom, specifically a male one this time since I wanted to name it Cerberus, mainly for my amusement. Also caught a Misdreavus and Absol (and this one specifically was a pain in the ass to get, he's always the more elusive one to get for me both in spawning and catching).

Shin Megami Tensei V. I'm in the third area of Da'at currently and finished beating Ishtar, she put up a good fight but I came out victorious with Alice finishing her off; poor Idun didn't see much action this time except to heal my party and guard. Now I'm just waiting out in finding Oberon so I can recruit him. Can't wait until I get to the fourth area so I can get Fionn in my party, I already completed the specific fairy quests beforehand so when I get to him I can take his quest (which is just battling him again).

Minecraft: Enchanting is actually getting kinda back on track since I played around with the way I was doing things a little more. It turns out that gunning for specific enchantments tends to run way smoother when you're actually enchanting the specific thing the enchantment is supposed to go onto rather than just spamming books that can pull from everything. I wasn't doing it before because I completely forgot that a millstone could remove enchantments and give you another shot. I just didn't want to have to go through "Oh, this diamond sword got Sharpness instead of Looting, time to throw it into the incinerator because it doesn't have any use to me now." But no I can just throw that sword into a millstone and get a new set of choices. Plus with certain villager trades I don't even need to spend diamonds getting the combination fodder. So yeah I got Looting III on my sword (and Knockback II accidentally which takes the practicality down a little but it's not, like, ruining it or anything) and Fortune III on my pick, completing both of the enchantment sets I wanted to put on those things. I also traded up a Shepherd, Toolsmith, and Armourer villagers to max level. The town's really starting to feel actually populated.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Definitely starting to slot my way into these combat mechanics and do better at this. One thing is a little... Strange feeling about it though. Namely that Peter's guns aren't really that useful for most things. Like, they work, but they kinda take a while to take down health bars even on smaller grunt enemies. Like, I get why, because it makes the abilities your teammates can use really have a major impact on the battle, encouraging you to keep calling orders and boosting the feeling of being part of the team. And it does feel really good to string abilities with good synergy together. But it also makes it feel like you're not actually contributing to that team with your own abilities, just shouting orders to the people who can actually get the job done while you sit there blasting your peashooters. Anyway, crazy cultists! Fun!

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia: I'm a Top Ranger now! Just checked out a Dim Sun mining site in the Chroma Ruins. Now I'm just out on patrol cleaning up some Quests.

C, explored Whirl Islands. I changed my boxes to place Pokémon to train by holding Exp. Share or leaving them at Daycare. I defeated Team Rocket and started raising my team to Lv. 45. It was a surprise to encounter Suicane at the bottom. I didn’t save before encountering so I have to experience the event again.

And in BD, explored Hearthome City and am now on Rte. 209.

Picked up Minecraft again with the husband! Played a few hours today and it was fun, even if I got so tense playing it gave me a headache haha. Excited to see all the new things that came out with this latest update \o/

Back
Top Bottom