• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Minecraft: After a extended set of mining and exploration, I have assembled a full-power emerald pyramid for the town. I chose Haste II as the buff provided. I figure I'll slowly start extending the pyramid a block sideways (probably take a little longer now that I'm not gunning for the emeralds so hard), and go kill another Wither for a star to make another beacon with until I get a single pyramid with 6 beacons for full-powers, even if most of them are useless in town it'll still look pretty fuckin' cool, yeah? Anyway my next task in achievement order is going back to Then End, killing another dragon, and locating a set of elytra. So that's next up on the agenda.

Next up on the SuperGiant train: Pyre: Only just started, but I'm already liking it. The gameplay is fine, nothing spectacular, but the characters so far are wonderful. I'm loving everybody I've met so far, and I want to get all of them out of here.

Finished Horizon Forbidden West! Had a couple of minor bugs but overall a great sequel. My only gripes were that the swimming and flying controls are so tanky, and as cool as they are, Clawstriders are incredibly slow mounts. Chargers and even Bristlebacks are faster so I don't really see the need to override them aside from the coolness factor. Took me about 77 hours with a lot of sidequests and I've barely even done most of the activities.

Currently splitting most of my time between Elden Ring and Triangle Strategy. The latter has my attention right now more than the former, and I think it's because I'm more used to the tactical gameplay than the soulslike. Both games are incredibly good, and I just hit a point in Triangle where the story took a huge turn and it's really interesting. Elden Ring is something I have to play in bursts, and I have to convince myself to play it more than something like Triangle because it's not on Switch - but also because I don't always want to grind back to get all the runes I lose from dying all the time.

I've also recently started Professor Layton and the Curious Village, going back to the series' first game and my first Layton game since I was in middle school! It's enjoyable, although clearly a bit targeted below my age. Some of the puzzles are pretty difficult I do admit, and the quality has quite the range (some of them are more just trick questions than actual puzzles), but I'm enjoying the story so far for the most part!

For the time being I'm taking a break from Pokemon Legends: Arceus although I still want to go back and grind to get all the Pokemon and fight Arceus.

Mario Golf- Super Rush. Currently playing Adventure mode.

Minecraft: Defeated the second Ender Dragon and located an End City larger than one small tower this time (I honestly had no idea they were actually supposed to be bigger than that, I thought the name "City" was just a really weird way or referring to this small spire), which allowed me to obtain a set of elytra, promptly enchanted with Mending and Unbreaking III, dubbing them the Sagittarius Wings. After that, not a lot. I honestly feel like I'm starting to run out of stuff to do outside of making my own content by coming up with stuff. Following the achievement list worked for a while, since most of it felt like actual meaningful tasks to accomplish as I progress. But now most of them are either mind-numbingly simple tasks I could complete in five minutes (tame a horse, use a hopper on a storage minecart), or outrageously specific and difficult for no actual benefit besides "I have the achievement now" (Fly through a 1-by-1 gap with an elytra moving faster than 40 m/s (an achievement that seems to be broken, to boot)). So I'll have to make my own tasks of things to do in the game, or just drop it. Either one is a possibility at this point, tbh.

Pyre: The first exile of the Nightwings has gained her freedom: Jodariel.

I've also recently started Professor Layton and the Curious Village, going back to the series' first game and my first Layton game since I was in middle school! It's enjoyable, although clearly a bit targeted below my age. Some of the puzzles are pretty difficult I do admit, and the quality has quite the range (some of them are more just trick questions than actual puzzles), but I'm enjoying the story so far for the most part!
Another Professor Layton fan, I see! I played through Curious Village a short time ago, and it's honestly amazing to see how far the series has come and gone. Curious Village was probably on the more tedious side for me puzzle-wise. I played the US version, and I would like to play the UK version for the few puzzles that are exclusive to that version. For the first entry in the series, it was certainly well done, with my favourite aspect of it being the glorious music. I would definitely suggest Professor Layton and the Unwound Future/Lost Future, as it's one of my childhood favourites. Great story, good (and occasionally hard) puzzles, solid music.

As for the game I'm playing at the moment, it's a split between Kirby: Planet Robobot, Pokémon Shuffle (3DS), and Genshin Impact.

From when I first finished the main story of Planet Robobot, I set out to 100% complete it as much as I possibly could. I'm doing well, with all the minigames sorted, and I'm currently working on trying to complete all the main levels and their collectibles.

Pokémon Shuffle is something I've always kept playing in my downtime since the first few months of release. Currently at Graucus Hall, slowly chipping away at the main stages. Main goal is to get Salamencite in Nacht Carnival. Soon!

Genshin Impact is a game that I recently picked up, and I am definitely enjoying it. Recently got to Inazuma, and just working away at the story. Sometimes it can feel like a chore, cough Oceanid boss cough, but it is such a stunning game with a BEAUTIFUL soundtrack.

Twilight Princess:
Working on the City in the Sky, I have the map, compass and double clawshots at this point. After I finish that, I'll have all the items so I'll be ready to go on my final Poe/POH hunt. Stamps I'm still on the fence about whether or not I'll go for, that partly depends on how quickly I'm able to find the other stuff.

Earthbound:
Just beat Carpainter and got the key to the hut.

Currently about 40% into Spider-Man's story - no clue about my playtime but I'm guessing it's somewhere around the 15 hour mark? And that includes swinging around New York for fun. A shorter game is a breath of fresh air after playing two long games back to back lol. Will definitely play the DLCs and Miles Morales after.

Last edited:
If it wasn't obvious from how much I've been referencing the franchise lately, "Warioware: Gold". I saw the game on sale for real cheap and decided to pick it up.

For some reason I never liked the series as a child, thinking the idea of the microgames was kinda tacky. But after giving the franchise a second chance as an adult with the recent "Get It Together!" entry I came to really enjoy the charm of the gameplay and have become a big fan.

i bought plants vs zombies GOTY edition today after having to play it pirated (or the bad browser flash version when flash was still around) for like, years! the first few levels are so stressful because its just you and a sunflower and some peas but it gets really fun when i finally manage to make a decent line of defense. suddenly having the memories of going through weird strategy guides on the internet and seeing where each plant goes is very funny.

also the ost slaps

Pyre: Finished my run. Damn this game is good. Wonderfully realised characters and story, and mixing the choices that advance the story in with actual gameplay makes for some really interesting results. Like, I lost the final Rite. Completely legitimately, the other team just did better than me at the game. And like, that's just what happens in this game sometimes and it's actually really cool. So yeah this was an absolutely wonderful game that I loved playing.

Team Sonic Racing: Jesus Christ the online scene for this game is fucking nonexistent, huh? Like, it's a cool game, and I'm enjoying playing it, but I have no idea if it's going to hold me at all once I'm done with the adventure mode content if I literally can't find a single person to play with no matter what mode I try. It's a fun game though, neat mechanics.

Back
Top Bottom