• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Ys VIII- Lacrimosa of Dana. Exploring the island. Went fishing in an underground lake.

At the endgame of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Grinding before the final boss.

Kudos to the writers, I did NOT expect that connection to the first game. I spent the entire story wondering just how the heck this story connected to the first game because the worlds seemed so different and then I learned all that. I didn't even really completely understand until I looked it up on a whim. But when I met Klaus and heard his story, it all seemed familiar, and I was like "where have I heard that name before...?" then looked it up to confirm and felt stupid. The stories are taking place at the same time in alternate but related worlds caused by Klaus's mistake, apparently. And Zanza is his evil half who is about to be killed by Shulk, taking Klaus with him.

The story itself was actually really sad. Was crazy learning that this old, beaten down guy who created Pyra and the Blades trying to atone for his sins is basically the good half of the evil god I had to kill last game. And he's going to die because of the events in the first game going on at the same time. From what I understand, anyway.

Should probably note that I've only heard things and seen images from the Xenoblade 3 trailers. Been waiting to finish both games to actually watch them. So I don't know much about the story there yet, only that it's apparently supposed to connect the two worlds.

Been jumping around a bit, though I've now settled on MegaMan Battle Network 4 Red Sun on the Wii U VC. I'm only at the first scenario, where ShadeMan kidnaps Roll and you have to chase after him before Roll becomes a cinnamon roll. badum tish However, I'm spending time jacking in and out of the main net areas so I can fish for Green Mystery Data, both on the field and in battle (especially the in battle ones, as that can get you 2,000 Zenny if you find one in the ACDC area). That way I can buy up all the HP Memories up to this point. And since this is the Wii U VC version, I can use the "Connect" feature to get all the secret chips, such as Roll Arrow, Propeller Bomb, Metal Gear, and Blue Moon Navi Chips like ProtoMan. That's given me some extra firepower this early on, helping me get several new chips from the viruses, including my first PA: HeatSpread (although I haven't actually fired it yet, as I haven't gathered all the chips on the Custom Screen yet). I've only put the secret chips with the "*" code (and ProtoMan) so I don't clutter up my folder with random Chip Codes, but they've been a big help in deleting some of the tougher viruses like Larks and Boomers and getting me their chips. Currently MegaMan has 180 HP (three HP Memories shy of having the max amount of HP at this point in the game, as I need an Unlocker for one of them, one is still in the Net Dealer, and one is in the Radio Tower).

Just recently continued some content of Brilliant Diamond and even caught Heatran this time which I didn’t do in original Diamond or Pearl. Though, I do discover that the rival trains for Stark Mountain after I go there even though he was there before. Do I even have to go to the Fight Area prior to obtaining the National Dex too? I currently am on the fourth accessible area in Legends Arcues though.

100% of my undivided attention right now is on Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I just passed the 60 hour mark and I'm having a blast.

The tropes are still a little too much in my opinion, but Monolith Soft's excellent worldbuilding and design more than makes up for it. And the combat continues to grow on me to the point where it's still suuuuuper satisfying to pull off something like a joint combo. Super hype for XC3 later this year.

I actually just finished Xenoblade 2 a couple days ago. Very good game, had a blast. Some mechanics I'm not a huge fan of and I think I like Xenoblade DE a liiitle more, but that was a high bar. Definitely gonna pick up Xenoblade 3 in July especially since I hear it's a mix of the two. I've been refraining from watching any of the trailers until I beat 2.

The fanservice/cringe stuff wasn't nearly as bad as I had heard. Some eye roll moments and design choices for sure, but nothing that really detracted from the experience for me. Though I may also just be so numb from worse anime shenanigans.

For the past couple days I've just gone back to Stories 2 again to do the usual. Even after I've done just about everything it's still just a fun game to go back to. I've also gone back to the 3DS Stories now that my player can do something besides die.

Last edited:
Got back to playing MegaMan Battle Network 4 Red Sun on the Wii U VC. I completed the first scenario and entered the Den Tournament. My opponents were the Heel Navi, GutsMan, and TopMan. Which means I naturally got the Guts Soul as my first Double Soul (and had to deal with Chisao's fake kidnapping... the little brat). During the TopMan scenario I spent time fishing for Air Hockey 1 Chips from the viruses in the cybertop. I have both the E and F codes, now I just need the D code to get the Pit Hockey 1 PA, which I can get when Higsby opens up his Chip Ordering system. I then took part in winning the Free Passes for Mayl and had to enact revenge for Haruka getting attacked by Nebula. Now it's time for Lan's and Mayl's infamous date at the most annoying level in the game (the music in the Toy Robot computers... brrrr.... plus how stupid their "stories" are). I've also completed several PAs due to getting certain components from Higsby's Chip Trader: Life Sword, Hyper Burst, Bubble Spread, Giga Cannon 1, and Super Spread 1, with the former two being some of my favorites. MegaMan now has 260 HP and I now have access to the Navi Customizer. It's a shame that the Navi Cust can't upgrade the Souls in this game unlike in 5 and later the Crosses in 6. I also input several Lotto Number codes that I totally knew off the top of my head and didn't have a cheat sheet with them on it to get various new Chips, Sub Chips, and Customizer parts. I'm really hoping that in the upcoming Eagle Tournament I face off against Roll as her Soul is so damn broken useful, especially the auto healing ability that you get every time you use any chip. Anyway, now it's time for the date and the start of the Boktai crossover cameos (frankly, I liked the Boktai games, they were very unique with their solar sensor gimmick, plus I liked Django, who inspired my Yugioh protag of the same name).

I stumbled upon a cool-looking game on the app store called Dislyte a few days ago, it's a recent release I think. The aesthetic reminds me of another game I love so I tried it out and have been enjoying it so far :3

Still working MegaMan Battle Network 4 Red Sun.

I completed the date between Lan and Mayl, which had the result of Mega using Dark Sword to destroy ShadeMan. Then it was time for the annoying scavenger hunt that is the entry to the Eagle Tournament, getting me the second customizable folder (with some of the chips, like the Vulcan 1 * chips, getting put into my main folder). My opponents were BurnerMan, a Heel Navi, and Roll (YES!!!). Which means I got my wish and got Roll Soul as my second Double Soul. Which is good as I've been unable to get some decently coded recovery-based chips (sans Recover 10, which I've gotten in * code) as the auto-heal ability whenever I use any chip will be helpful. So I slotted in the aforementioned Recover 10 * chip to use as my sacrifice chip. I also completed another two PAs: Flame Cross 1 and Pit Ring 1. I then had to fight a Dark Soul-infected GutsMan thanks to LaserMan and clobbered him (it's GutsMan... what do you expect?! He's pretty much always the warm-up boss of each game he's fightable in!). Now it's onto Netopia for the Red Sun Tournament. But first I need to take care of a few things. Such as now having access to Higsby's Ordering System to gather up certain chip codes that I lack (such as Air Hockey 1 in the D code, which would complete the Pit Hockey 1 PA that I've been wanting to use). Plus having access to it will come in handy later on (especially if I have to deal with the dreaded ColdMan scenario). Also a handful of other random Jack In areas have been unlocked so I can check those out.

MegaMan currently has 390 HP (100 base HP, 240 in HP Memories and one +50 HP Navi Cust part) alongwith Guts Soul and Roll Soul. Hopefully I get Search Soul next, as that chip shuffle ability plus having a Custom +2 Navi Cust part installed will make gathering combos so much easier. I really wish this game didn't spread out all the HP Memories between the different playthroughs, as even with a full 1,000 HP via HP Memories Duo is a tough nut to crack, much less anything less than that. I often wonder how certain players can face enemies that have at least double MegaMan's max HP and come out pretty much unscathed while only sporting the max 1,000 HP themselves. I also took some tips from various YouTube videos and slotted in chips like Blinder, as it allows for follow-up attacks immediately if used on a Navi that's in the mercy invincibility flashing state when they take most damage along with the general blinding effect, something that until recent years I never knew about. Won't have time to play tomorrow as I've got other things to do.

Forgive the double post (although it's been a day since the last one), but since I wasn't home most of the day, spending it with my folks, I didn't play MegaMan BN4. Instead, since I had my Switch Lite I picked up my old file of Monster Rancher 2 again. I had almost forgotten where I had left off in that file but after a brief check I managed to get back on track. I got Mayfair, my Pixie/Centaur, into the S Rank Cup and won (although she lost to Thanatos the Joker in the last round but I just accepted it as she won every other round so she was in no danger of losing the tournament). Sadly it would be her last tournament. I tried to get her into one of the Big 4 but she kept getting KOed by the Dragon/Joker monster so I gave up. Plus she's so old that I would be worried about her getting hurt or even killed so I just moved on (that was my biggest fear when she lost to Thanatos but she thankfully came out fine but I didn't want to take that roll of the dice again). Sure enough, I retired her on the following week.

I spent some time using the combination items I had gotten, along with a bunch of Sueko Suezos acting as fodder, to get Durahan, Dragon, and Bajarl, so those three are off my monster checklist. Now I've started with a Frog Hopper (Hopper/???) named Kermit (no points for guessing the origin of the name), as I need a Hopper to get access to two more monster breeds: Undine and Zilla (though the latter requires an extra step). I don't like Hoppers much but after some research on Legendcup.com I figured that Frog Hopper would be the best for a few reason (mainly its nature, as most Hoppers tend to be almost hellions due to having negative natures, while Frog Hopper has the lowest in that regard (-10), so that's as close to neutral I can get... funny how it was Monster Rancher that first coined the whole "nature" aspect of monsters, which determines their growth and obedience, long before Pokemon did). Anyway, I stopped for the night, but tomorrow it's time to raise Kermit the Frog... Hopper (the Muppets would be proud of me).

Still doing Monster Rancher 2 DX. After much frustration I raised Kermit up to the B Rank, allowing him to excavate the hot springs, allowing me to get Undine and Zilla (though, as I said before, there is an extra step I need to take). I was going to retire him immediately after that, as Hoppers are one of the worst monsters out there, being both weak and frail, thus making them easy to beat. However, I kept putting it off because I wanted to at least try to regain the gold I spent on him, as he couldn't do tournaments for a long time. I ended up glad I didn't as thanks to his rank (and my own current rank) I was able to trigger the Metalner event, now giving me access to Metalners. THEN I retired him. I used a couple of Sueko Suezoes to create a Undine using the Undine Slate, now unlocking her breed, but I froze the initial one immediately.

However, I would put that painful hard work raising Kermit to use and unlocked a Mermaid (Undine/???) with some pretty high stats and even Ice Coffin as a starting move (thank you Legendcup.com). I named her Mero (after the Monster Musume mermaid) and I will say one thing... she's a mon-star! She immediately went to work with tournaments after a bit of training and she's been demolishing her opponents. You know you've got a strong monster when it can one-shot Oakleyman nearly fresh from the disc! I creamed him enough times that during the E Rank Tournament he actually chickened out when he was going to face Mero. Boy, did that feel satisfying. And she's been slaughtering the other Mons that have given me trouble in the past like it's no one's business (Sakura Art, Epsilon, Recken, Sanduras, and more). I can see why she's often considered one of the top-tier Mons in the game. I quickly rose to B Rank with her and picked up a number of useful skills from Errantries. She's just entered her prime and I'm going to see if she can break into A Rank, though I'll continue tomorrow. But let's just say I have some newfound respect for Undine (I never disrespected it, but my first Undine was something of a flop, as even though she's my type of monster, she just wasn't doing too well).

On the PLA and am now training for the last Frenzied Pokémon. I answered that my world is similar in after the previous frenzy battle because Ingo is from the future like the player (and I hope in an interlude, we could get Irida as the first foe in the PML Arc). Now am trying to get the Wisps in the first area too.

Back
Top Bottom