• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Still working MegaMan Battle Network 4 Red Sun.

I completed the date between Lan and Mayl, which had the result of Mega using Dark Sword to destroy ShadeMan. Then it was time for the annoying scavenger hunt that is the entry to the Eagle Tournament, getting me the second customizable folder (with some of the chips, like the Vulcan 1 * chips, getting put into my main folder). My opponents were BurnerMan, a Heel Navi, and Roll (YES!!!). Which means I got my wish and got Roll Soul as my second Double Soul. Which is good as I've been unable to get some decently coded recovery-based chips (sans Recover 10, which I've gotten in * code) as the auto-heal ability whenever I use any chip will be helpful. So I slotted in the aforementioned Recover 10 * chip to use as my sacrifice chip. I also completed another two PAs: Flame Cross 1 and Pit Ring 1. I then had to fight a Dark Soul-infected GutsMan thanks to LaserMan and clobbered him (it's GutsMan... what do you expect?! He's pretty much always the warm-up boss of each game he's fightable in!). Now it's onto Netopia for the Red Sun Tournament. But first I need to take care of a few things. Such as now having access to Higsby's Ordering System to gather up certain chip codes that I lack (such as Air Hockey 1 in the D code, which would complete the Pit Hockey 1 PA that I've been wanting to use). Plus having access to it will come in handy later on (especially if I have to deal with the dreaded ColdMan scenario). Also a handful of other random Jack In areas have been unlocked so I can check those out.

MegaMan currently has 390 HP (100 base HP, 240 in HP Memories and one +50 HP Navi Cust part) alongwith Guts Soul and Roll Soul. Hopefully I get Search Soul next, as that chip shuffle ability plus having a Custom +2 Navi Cust part installed will make gathering combos so much easier. I really wish this game didn't spread out all the HP Memories between the different playthroughs, as even with a full 1,000 HP via HP Memories Duo is a tough nut to crack, much less anything less than that. I often wonder how certain players can face enemies that have at least double MegaMan's max HP and come out pretty much unscathed while only sporting the max 1,000 HP themselves. I also took some tips from various YouTube videos and slotted in chips like Blinder, as it allows for follow-up attacks immediately if used on a Navi that's in the mercy invincibility flashing state when they take most damage along with the general blinding effect, something that until recent years I never knew about. Won't have time to play tomorrow as I've got other things to do.

Forgive the double post (although it's been a day since the last one), but since I wasn't home most of the day, spending it with my folks, I didn't play MegaMan BN4. Instead, since I had my Switch Lite I picked up my old file of Monster Rancher 2 again. I had almost forgotten where I had left off in that file but after a brief check I managed to get back on track. I got Mayfair, my Pixie/Centaur, into the S Rank Cup and won (although she lost to Thanatos the Joker in the last round but I just accepted it as she won every other round so she was in no danger of losing the tournament). Sadly it would be her last tournament. I tried to get her into one of the Big 4 but she kept getting KOed by the Dragon/Joker monster so I gave up. Plus she's so old that I would be worried about her getting hurt or even killed so I just moved on (that was my biggest fear when she lost to Thanatos but she thankfully came out fine but I didn't want to take that roll of the dice again). Sure enough, I retired her on the following week.

I spent some time using the combination items I had gotten, along with a bunch of Sueko Suezos acting as fodder, to get Durahan, Dragon, and Bajarl, so those three are off my monster checklist. Now I've started with a Frog Hopper (Hopper/???) named Kermit (no points for guessing the origin of the name), as I need a Hopper to get access to two more monster breeds: Undine and Zilla (though the latter requires an extra step). I don't like Hoppers much but after some research on Legendcup.com I figured that Frog Hopper would be the best for a few reason (mainly its nature, as most Hoppers tend to be almost hellions due to having negative natures, while Frog Hopper has the lowest in that regard (-10), so that's as close to neutral I can get... funny how it was Monster Rancher that first coined the whole "nature" aspect of monsters, which determines their growth and obedience, long before Pokemon did). Anyway, I stopped for the night, but tomorrow it's time to raise Kermit the Frog... Hopper (the Muppets would be proud of me).

Still doing Monster Rancher 2 DX. After much frustration I raised Kermit up to the B Rank, allowing him to excavate the hot springs, allowing me to get Undine and Zilla (though, as I said before, there is an extra step I need to take). I was going to retire him immediately after that, as Hoppers are one of the worst monsters out there, being both weak and frail, thus making them easy to beat. However, I kept putting it off because I wanted to at least try to regain the gold I spent on him, as he couldn't do tournaments for a long time. I ended up glad I didn't as thanks to his rank (and my own current rank) I was able to trigger the Metalner event, now giving me access to Metalners. THEN I retired him. I used a couple of Sueko Suezoes to create a Undine using the Undine Slate, now unlocking her breed, but I froze the initial one immediately.

However, I would put that painful hard work raising Kermit to use and unlocked a Mermaid (Undine/???) with some pretty high stats and even Ice Coffin as a starting move (thank you Legendcup.com). I named her Mero (after the Monster Musume mermaid) and I will say one thing... she's a mon-star! She immediately went to work with tournaments after a bit of training and she's been demolishing her opponents. You know you've got a strong monster when it can one-shot Oakleyman nearly fresh from the disc! I creamed him enough times that during the E Rank Tournament he actually chickened out when he was going to face Mero. Boy, did that feel satisfying. And she's been slaughtering the other Mons that have given me trouble in the past like it's no one's business (Sakura Art, Epsilon, Recken, Sanduras, and more). I can see why she's often considered one of the top-tier Mons in the game. I quickly rose to B Rank with her and picked up a number of useful skills from Errantries. She's just entered her prime and I'm going to see if she can break into A Rank, though I'll continue tomorrow. But let's just say I have some newfound respect for Undine (I never disrespected it, but my first Undine was something of a flop, as even though she's my type of monster, she just wasn't doing too well).

On the PLA and am now training for the last Frenzied Pokémon. I answered that my world is similar in after the previous frenzy battle because Ingo is from the future like the player (and I hope in an interlude, we could get Irida as the first foe in the PML Arc). Now am trying to get the Wisps in the first area too.

Little Witch in the Woods, Pokemon TCGO, and I also bought the Nintendo 51 Clubhouse games and I'm addicted to some of the games in particular lol

Was going to replay Digimon Dusk, but found out somebody is remaking/romhacking it, so I'm waiting for that.

Still working on Monster Rancher 2 DX.

I got Mero into the A Rank and eventually the S Rank. She struggled a tad in the A Rank at first but she eventually started mowing her foes down again. I also used a Golden Peach on her, boosting her lifespan, though now her stat gains are beginning to taper off again. She's also been on several expeditions, netting a lot of good items. I also sent her on a couple of Errantries and ended up encountering Big Hand and Zilla King. She ended up washing them both out (which is especially noteworthy with Big Hand as he's got stats comparable to Big 4 Mons), netting me the Big Boots and Zilla Beard, which I can use to unlock Jill and Zilla, effectively knocking those two off my list. I think the last Mons I need to unlock are Wracky, Mock, Ghost, and Beaklon before I have all the monsters I can raise unlocked. Mero has proven to be a beast. Now I'm going to enter the S Rank tournament so she can (hopefully) compete in the Big 4 matches, but I'm not sure how much longer she'll live so I'm being cautious.

Forgive the double post but I got a lot more done in Monster Rancher 2 DX today.

First off, Mero managed to hold on long enough to not only win all of the Major 4 tournaments but also beat Poritoka, netting her a spot in the Monster Hall of Fame, making her my second monster in this file to reach that title (the first being my Blue Kato Meowzma). She's been registered and is available for online play if so desired. She also managed to compete in the Elders Cup, getting me my first Silver Peach, something that even Meowzma wasn't able to. Though, sadly, she had to be retired shortly afterward. Shame, but she had a really good run.

I then spent some time combining monsters, creating Zilla and Jill, with those breeds now unlocked. I followed that up by creating two Sueko Suezos and allowing them to die so I can get Mock and Wracky, one after the other, while also setting the stage to gain the item to create Ghost, though that'll be a while. I promptly froze Gonzales and Charlies, as I have no intention of raising them (especially Charlies, not because he's a hard-to-raise monster but because he plain creeps me out... reminds me of my grandma's doll collection, though at least none of those were murderous psychopaths, though no less creepy), but at least the breeds have been unlocked.

Now I'm currently raising Zoom-Zoom the Corone (Worm/Hare), as he'll grant me access to Beaklon and will (hopefully) help set the stage for unlocking Ducken, the last two monsters I need to unlock (I had forgotten about Ducken in my previous post). The reason being is since you need to feed a Rank C or lower Worm 30 months of Jelly Cups to get Beaklon, which have a random chance to have Diamond Marks... which you have to collect five, get the Fun Can... then find the Glue Stick in the mountain expedition... and do the whole process all over again to get the combining item for Ducken... so needless to say I'll be working with Zoom-Zoom for a while in hopes of RNG building up enough Diamond Marks to get two Fun Cans while he's alive. Though, at least for now, Zoom-Zoom has been doing decently well in the E Rank tournaments while I grind for Diamond Marks.

Meant to post this yesterday but yesterday was kinda a weird day. No migraines, thankfully, but I was very lethargic for some reason.

Anyway, taking a break from Monster Rancher 2 DX I decided to play my favorite Monster Rancher game: Monster Rancher 4. I started a new file. I kept Phayne's name as is but instead of naming my Ranch "Genki Ranch" (as a nod to the protag of the anime), I instead named it "Sky Ranch", because we aim for the sky. Anyway, got my starter Garu and named him Blaze before doing the first few tournaments and getting Blaze into the D Rank. I now have Rio as my assistant after Yuri had to quit. After a bit of work I got my first Ranch upgrade, now allowing me to raise three monsters. I also got my first Training Gadget: the Punching Bag. I often wonder how gadgets like this run on Geonyte? I mean, sure, the later ones I can understand, like the Rodeo or Flying Target, as those have some form of motor, but ones like the Punching Bag, Tub, Trampoline, and Target aren't something that can be powered by a power source, given their designs and nature (how does a plain wooden tub that your monster throws into the air and let it hit them run on any sort of power source???). But I digress. Anyway, it was time to pick up some more monsters. After going through my extensive Word document list of CDs/DVDs/Games and what monsters they unlock (sans the ones that I haven't been able to unlock at the time I was experimenting with them) I decided to break from tradition a bit and try something different. So, for my first new monster I picked Sly the HakTak (Naga/Ripper), being the first Naga I've ever raised. Usually I have a Tiger but I decided to try a Naga for a change. I did keep to one tradition and unlocked Lilith the Lilim (Pixie/Joker), as not only because Pixies are one of my favorite but in this game they get two useful search abilities: High Search and Water Search, which, when combined with Garu's Cave Search and Dirt Search, allows me to cover all my bases when it comes to finding hidden treasure chests (though they need to "unlock" them first via exploring). Anyway, now it's time to do a bit of training before the next story event takes place.

Tried playing on a Minecraft server, but the people there were acting like teenagers, so I had to go. Sometimes that server is good to play on, sometimes not so much.

Splatoon 2, mostly. I can't call it training since I haven't been improving (my ranks have dropped precipitously with little slowing down) but I'm keeping at it

I also restarted Arceus and since I so foolishly deleted my first team instead of putting them in Home I have to redo that team again

Back
Top Bottom