• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Played all the DS Castlevanias and i think i liked them even more than i did before. I end up loving Order of Ecclesia the most since i believe that's the best one of the three. It has a pretty nice difficulty, fantastic music, sexy 2D sprites and some of the best bosses in the series.

Honestly, if this is to be the last Metroidvania made by Konami because they seem to no longer care for this line of games, i think it ended in a fantastic note.

Am now at the Icelands in LA and am searching for all wisps and collecting as much Pokémon as I can to earn lots of cash and documented to reach my final star.

Bought the Castlevania Advance collection for the Switch and started Circle of the Moon. I do remember the controls in the game being different from the following games when i played the game many years ago, but i forgot how stiff they are and how heavy the character is. It's something that i can i get used to, but going from the fluid gameplay of the following Metroidvanias to this game is very jarring.

Continuing my binge of Rune Factory 5.

Experienced my first meteor shower and got some star fall seeds. Currently gathering more wood and stone to upgrade the shops.

Playing through Xenoblade 2 for the first time in preparation for Xenoblade 3 next month. After this is Torna and another playthrough of XC1 and Future Connected. The mechanics are all less convoluted than I initially thought, but I'm not a fan of the Blade gacha system lmao.

Been meaning to update on my MegaMan Battle Network 1 playthrough. After grinding for chips and Zenny I finally had enough to buy out all the HP Memories, Power Ups, and any Chips I wanted. It also dawned upon me that the areas I've been grinding in is the same area where PharaohMan and ShadowMan lurk. Fortunately, they don't show up until the post-game, so I didn't end up battling them (whew...). But at least I now have chips and more HP/Power Ups than I should at this point in the game. Then I moved on with the plot. I battled Miyu and SkullMan, gaining access to her link address, and managed to get a few more chips, getting my library nearly up to 100 different chips. I then saved Mayl from ColorMan (the position ColorMan is in when "battling" Roll just looks so wrong), managing to S Rank him, although I didn't get any new chips from the traffic light levels, so I'll have to go back there and see if I can get ahold of chips like BubbleWrap1 and Wave later. Now it's onto the ElecMan scenario, but first I explored the area behind Miyu's link address, cleaning out the Net Merchant of more HP Memories and the Fire Armor. I also battled ColorMan's "ghost", getting his chip. But this also means I now have access to SharkMan as Masa appears during this scenario. The toughest boss in Battle Network 1 is finally available, and even with the Aqua Armor and a lot of HP I'm not confident I can take him on yet. But I have to, as the SharkMan chips are very useful. And I think I can rematch WoodMan for the second time now, which, given the fact I'm about to do the Power Plant stage, a few extra Wood chips would be helpful. Anyway, MegaMan has 680 HP and his Attack/Speed/Charge are 5/1/4.

100% Circle of the Moon and i'd be lying if i said i didn't enjoyed it. Still, it's jank and honestly has some of the worst level design in the Metroidvania lineup. The devs seemed to think that repeating layout portions like three or four times in a row counted as actual level design. Still, it has some pretty cool bosses and great music.

Started Harmony of Dissonance and i had forgotten how bad the sound quality is. So apparently the devs focused so much on the graphics because people complained that Circle of the Moon was too hard to see on a GBA screen, that they apparently had to use the Gameboy Color sound chip to just have music in the first place. The thing is that the tunes are there, but the sound quality murders whatever enjoyability someone could have. Which is a shame because the music in Circle of the Moon is great and sounds great.

MapleStory! A big update came out and I'm having a good time going through it. :3c I love MMOs with sprite art and don't think anything can really replicate the feel this game gives off, miss when more of them were on the market.

Took a break from MegaMan Battle Network 1 and continued my playthrough of Battle Network 3 on the Wii U VC. Let me tell you... I seriously missed asterisk coded chips, although I keep looking for Power Ups and Armor at the Net Dealers out of habit. Anyway, I did the Yoka Zoo scenario and neutered BeastMan. Then it was time for more N1 Grand Prix stuff, managing to ace the final preliminary round. Then it was on to the dreaded BubbleMan scenario. God, I hate that little punk. After much running around I got my first Style Change: Aqua Custom (Yay!) and I've since got it up to Level 2, which means I got the Navi Customizer part: Custom 1, which I've since installed. Anyway, deleted that little pest (well, ProtoMan did, and earned Lan/MegaMan a chewing out from Chaud) and moved on. Then it was time to head to Beach Area to do the N1 interviews and subdue the rioters. I also battled BeastMan's and BubbleMan's "ghosts" to get their first level Navi Chips. And I've also been grinding for chips and Zenny, cleaning out the stock of HP Memories whenever I can and even netting some of the rare chips that you can only get with Custom Style by S-Ranking viruses without using Buster/Navi Chips. This has allowed me to streamline my folder more, consisting of mostly asterisk code chips, a handful of B Codes (like BubbleMan and BeastMan, since the B Code is rich in chips in this game), a HyperBurst PA (which saved my skin against BubbleMan's story battle by also destroying his accursed rock), and a handful of VC chips like BassGS and Punk. Speaking of PAs I completed LifeSword, HeatSpread, and BubbleSpread as new ones to my library. I also used the Number Lotto to get several chips, NCP, and other stuff. Now it's time to head to the N1 Grand Prix. MegaMan has 520 HP and is donning the Aqua Custom Style.

Control: Just finished up in the Containment Sector's Panopticaon. This is a pretty cool game. Great vibes. Kinda unstable with the framerates here and there, but not too bad.

Mega Man X: First time playing on the Legacy Collection. Just gotta beat Sigma, but I was absolutely livid to learn that both turning off the game and visiting another stage will reset your Sigma Hideout progress and force you to play the entire three stages before the actual Sigma fight. Which is very annoying.

Still playing Battle Network 3. I completed the N1 Grand Prix and send DesertMan to the big recycling bin in the sky. Then I met Mamoru and did the jobs for Tora, gaining the second fully customizable chip folder. I took advantage of the Tally I got from one of Tora's jobs and visited the Undernet early, gaining some nice new chips including ones that require getting an S Rank on viruses in 5 or less seconds with the Custom Style (since I still had it) such as Volcano. After grinding for a while I continued the story events. Watched Dex move away and visited Mamoru again and got him the infamous Iceball M chip (fortunately I had the foresight to buy the Fish NCP back during the pre-N1 riots, along with hunting for the ColdHead virus ahead of time). Now it's time to head into the PlantMan scenario.

But first I not only maxed out my Custom Style but I got a new Style: Elec Bug Style (yikes!). I was gunning for the Bug Style so I could get the Bug Stop NCP but I didn't want an Elec element, as I'll be entering the aforementioned PlantMan scenario. Plus the Bug Style is quite a mixed bag. But I need that Bug Stop NCP so I can use it with the HubBtch NCP so I can override the HP error it gives (though that's obviously not for a while but I wanted to get it out of the way before I needed it). So, as an end result, I've been grinding inside the Blackboard Computer in Lan's classroom to get the needed battles to get Bug Stop. Plus it's allowed me to farm for BugFrags, now having over 300 BugFrags (I nearly used my original 300-ish BugFrags on the BugFrag Trader in Undernet 2, getting the overpowered FolderBack and a handful of other chips). I still have to grind more in order to get the Bug Stop NCP but when I do I'll start searching for another Style, as the Dark License NCP isn't worth grinding for (all it does is give you easier access to "Dark" Chips, which are rather situational to begin with). MegaMan has 620 HP and is equipped with Elec Bug Style.

Finishing Harmony of Dissonance and my opinion of it hasn't changed. It is the worst Metroidvania in my eyes. I already mentioned the bad sound quality, but i also think it has the worst castle design and the worst exploration. It's confusing and tiring, the aumont of times i got an upgrade, went to an area where i could use the upgrade only to find out that i yet needed another upgrade to complete the area were too many. At one point i legit wanted to stopped playing but by some miracle i managed to progress after being stumped for like an hour.

Most of the bosses are lame (and some of them are flat out reused), i can count with one hand the ones that made me chug a potion. Most are slow and have maybe like two attacks that are really easy to dodge. This feels like a kneejerk reaction to people complaining about some of the bosses in Circle of the Moon which has its fair share of rather difficult bosses.

It's also way too easy to break the game with some sub weapon/book combos. Cross + Wind Book is disgusting, trivializing a lot of an already easy game.

I'll say that the graphics are nice (it would suck that the part they worked the most on would be bad as well). Colors are vibrant and varied and some cool background effects. Sprites are also fantastic, for everyone really.

I'm pretty much never touching this game again. Thankfully Aria of Sorrow is next and i remember enjoying it last time i played.

Rune Factory 5

I'm getting closer to the end game (I assume). So I'm trying to level up most of the party members I plan to use.

Back
Top Bottom