• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Got Digimon Cyber Slough today and started. The first five hours have been interesting, to say the least. Definitely not just some carbon copy of Pokemon, at least not as far as setting and story goes. The combat is a bit familiar yet still different and still not far enough to really understand some of the mechanics, but it's been an interesting ride so far.

Interesting team, idk that it's something I'd roll with, but it looks pretty balanced. My team is in my sig. Last thing I did was beat the totem in the observatory
Thanks! I always try to craft a balanced team with whatever Pokemon game I happen to be playing. :) Truth is though, it's actually not that balanced; half my team is weak to both Ice types (which are thankfully rare in Alola,) and Fairy types. Thats.......why I'm glad that Magnezone and Salazzle are on the team. Between them both, they cover both Ice and Fairy, not to mention other types as well. Plus, Salazzle resists 8 different types, while Magnezone resists a whopping 11! That'll definitely be helpful, and cements their status as key members of the team. :D

Minecraft: Booted up the old world I had running to locate and explore the newly added ancient cities. In the time I was there I managed to find enough echo shards for a recovery compass. Not that I expect it to be particularly relevant, since by this point pretty much the only things likely to kill me (except maybe a warden I guess) are also the kind of thing that will make whatever I was carrying irretrievable in the first place. As such my level of progression has officially caused the loss-aversion to set in, and I would literally prefer to reset to a regularly-updated day-old or so backup of the world and lose that session than bother with the almost certainly fruitless task of item retrieval, or the simply herculean task that would be replacing them from scratch. Anyway, I got that compass because I just figured it'd be cool to have if I'm picking up all this stuff anyway, an Otherside disc (very cool), a book for Swift Sneak III (very useful given that I need to come back), and 8 out of the required 9 fragments of Music Disc 5 before my night vision ran out (and I sure as fuck ain't hangin' around somewhere like this without being able to at least guess most of the places I need to be quiet). So I gotta go back home and brew up some new ones for a second trip.

Went back to playing Shin Megami Tensei V after a bit of a break (screw going through the Demon King's Castle, was the reason why I didn't do another run right away). The first run I decided to go for the Law alignment, I was going to go with Chaos at first but turns out I leaned more towards Law and somewhat Neutral. Anyway, this time I'll go for the Chaos alignment and then third run I'll go Neutral, then I'll go for the hidden second neutral ending.

I also decided to play FEW Three Hopes a few days ago. I was going to wait until I finished my Samurai Warriors 3 replay, but I got curious about the story and just went for it (I'm almost done with SW3 anyway, so it can wait a bit). Decided to go with the Golden Deer as my first run like I did with Three Houses; it's okay so far, it took a while for me to warm up to Shez, but they're cool (though they'll never beat Byleth when it comes to 3H avatars, mainly cause Byleth reminds me a bit of Kris, the avatar in New Mystery of the Emblem). I'll just say that so far I'm glad it's a spinoff, though I do like that the GD route is more fleshed out here.

Been playing through Digimon Cyber Sleuth all week, I thiiiink I'm nearing the endgame? The plot has certainly taken some interesting turns and like with Xenoblade DE I thought I was nearing the end earlier and was wrong lol. The story's honestly nearly gotten to me a few times, surprisingly.

It's definitely been an interesting ride. A lot of gameplay mechanics are very Pokemon-like but also very different. I'm really enjoying it though. Will definitely be looking into the new one coming out soon, but it'll be after Xenoblade 3.

Minecraft: Got that last disc shard and made the disc. And after that, well, there honestly wasn't really that much else worth doing. The frogs don't really hold much of an allure for me so the cities were the only addition I cared about.

Mega Man X3: Finished with the Hyper Chip. Pretty good, probably about on-par with X1.

Hades: Did my first run for a few months. Aspect of Guan-Yu, since I like to let RNG pick my aspects so it doesn't get stale. But, even with a big handicap weapon like that, I still got it. Heat 9 escape.

Devil May Cry 5: Started mostly just to make sure the pre-owned disc works, but now that I've started I figure I might as well just add it to the active games I'm playing at the moment, I've got the space. Anyway it is a very strange thing to try and play. Finished stage 2 and I currently have no actual idea how to properly utilise Devil Breakers by willingly breaking them and stuff, evasion feels very weird, and I cannot possibly fathom for what possible reason they decided to make your moveset change depending on whether you're currently locked-on or not. I suspect I'll get used to it eventually but it's really weird to start out with.

Been playing through Digimon Cyber Sleuth all week, I thiiiink I'm nearing the endgame? The plot has certainly taken some interesting turns and like with Xenoblade DE I thought I was nearing the end earlier and was wrong lol. The story's honestly nearly gotten to me a few times, surprisingly.

So I was NOT nearing the endgame. I think at that point I was a little past the halfway point. I THIINK I'm actually nearing the endgame now. I think. This has been quite a long story.

I will say that as much as I've enjoyed it, I'm ready for the story to end. It's been a long ride already.

Is the whole Rena plot point a reference to another game or something? Because otherwise It felt so random and unnecessary.

There are other main quests that felt kinda unnecessary or like "the world is ending, is now really the time for this?" but that's about it as far as story complaints go. It's been a good, sometimes emotional story overall. I like the main characters even if they got on my nerves at times (including my own character). Nokia in particular grew on me. She went from annoying and useless to an actual leader leading the movement to get people to see Digimon as living things. Meanwhile I liked Arata and Yuuko from the beginning but actually got a little annoyed with them during the second half.

And then there's Kyoko. Just love Kyoko. I zone out when she's talking at times, but she's great.

Kinda feel bad that some of the Royal Knights we were fighting just died thinking they were still in the right instead of giving us a chance, but I guess that's the kind of darker story this is. You don't always get the enemy to understand you.

At any rate hopefully I'll actually finish the story today so I can have a complete opinion of it.

So I was NOT nearing the endgame. I think at that point I was a little past the halfway point. I THIINK I'm actually nearing the endgame now. I think. This has been quite a long story.

I will say that as much as I've enjoyed it, I'm ready for the story to end. It's been a long ride already.

Just finished it and almost cried multiple times. That was an emotional as heck ending man. I have such mixed feelings.

And looks like it's a Xenoblade-like situation where there's no post-game and the game just acts like you never went to the place of the final battle besides letting you keep your levels.

Apparently this game comes with Hacker's Memory, which I didn't know until after I booted up the game. I guess I'll be checking that out next. Trying to decide if I should go ahead or take a break to play something else or not.

Is the whole Rena plot point a reference to another game or something? Because otherwise It felt so random and unnecessary.
Yes, Rena is from the extremely popular game "Digimon World Re: Digitize" (the Digimon World and Story games are set in parallel universes) which never came to the West so to foreigners it won't mean anything but to use an analogy, it would be like if Wes from Pokémon Coliseum suddenly turned up in Sword/Shield to help you take down Eternatus. There's quite a lot of fanservice moments crammed into Cyber Sleuth but Rena (and also Mirei) are the only ones that turn up in Story missions so they stick out more for it.

Yes, Rena is from the extremely popular game "Digimon World Re: Digitize" (the Digimon World and Story games are set in parallel universes) which never came to the West so to foreigners it won't mean anything but to use an analogy, it would be like if Wes from Pokémon Coliseum suddenly turned up in Sword/Shield to help you take down Eternatus. There's quite a lot of fanservice moments crammed into Cyber Sleuth but Rena (and also Mirei) are the only ones that turn up in Story missions so they stick out more for it.
Wait, what? I thought only the girl from Digimon World Dusk was the only one. So I guess they are trying to mix the Story and World games, and not via name change like with the DS games (only one was an actual World game).

I've been replaying Romancing SaGa 2.
I love how the basic premise--an RPG where the player is a good empire fighting against a band of evil heroes--sounds like a late 2000s indie parody but it first came out in 1993.

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (via Phantasy Reverie Series), a Sims 4 challenge where I play through each pack one at a time, and trying to fight the post-game bosses in Monster Sanctuary.

Back
Top Bottom