• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Devil May Cry V: Finished up to mission 8, and I've definitely gotten more used to the eccentricities of the game. I'm generally doing better with V than with Nero, likely due to the fact that V spends most of his time away from the actual fighting, but I am getting better with Nero as well. Still not really breaking too many Devil Breakers (not on purpose, anyway) outside of a couple select moments, but I'm doing better, even if it does feel a bit harder to build Style ranks than with V.

Still not really breaking too many Devil Breakers (not on purpose, anyway) outside of a couple select moments, but I'm doing better, even if it does feel a bit harder to build Style ranks than with V.
TBH, I went the entire game without doing that and eventually after playing Nero's missions enough I could get high ranks without it even on harder difficulties, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Replaying Final Fantasy Tactics A2 Grimoire of the Rift with the same copy i have had since 2008, to think the game is 14 years old (really 15 because in Japan it came out in 2007) at this point. Nintendo should really release this on the Switch along with Tactics Advance.

Devil May Cry V: Did Mission 9, but had to do it twice because I categorically refused to leave that orb fragment behind when I knew exactly how to get to it, but the damn level design only gave me one chance and I missed my first attempt to fly up to it.

Klonoa, Door to Phantomille: This is just fucking delightful. I started just last night and went through 6 stages. This is legitimately just an absolute delight of a game. I really don't know any other way to describe it, I'm just delighted. Very good use of the third dimension in a 2d platformer, too. Paths looping in and around on each other just makes it all look really cool, as well as the ability to launch enemies into the foreground and background.

I've gotten addicted to Dicey Dungeons. Also just started playing Pokemon Puzzle League - The 4kids dub clips are so ridiculous, it's hilarious.

Devil May Cry V: Completed up to Mission 14, which means I have officially played four missions as Dante! He's a little bit of a mess! There's a lot of stuff to keep straight in your head as you hot-swap between them, and even though I am getting better I do feel like I'm not quite reaching the levels I'd like.

Klonoa, Door to Phantomile: Finished the game, cried. More than ready to cry at Lunatea's Veil.

I got the new Fire Emblem Warriors game over the weekend and I'm loving it. I was a bit worried if I would because I've only played the Hyrule Warriors games and this one looked decidedly less flashy. But I knew I loved all the characters from Three Houses so I gave it a shot. I've been so impressed by how much effort went into transferring all of the Fire Emblem mechanics into this format and also how the base camp functions so similarly to the FE:TH one. Just overall a really great game.

Currently playing through a couple new games. After finishing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 + Torna, I began a Blue Lions route of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which has been primarily keeping my focus. I'm also playing Minecraft and Monster Hunter Rise on and off with friends, and It Takes Two with my girlfriend. I'll be starting Stray tonight and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 when it comes out in a few days.

Lots on my plate!

Currently playing through a couple new games. After finishing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 + Torna, I began a Blue Lions route of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which has been primarily keeping my focus. I'm also playing Minecraft and Monster Hunter Rise on and off with friends, and It Takes Two with my girlfriend. I'll be starting Stray tonight and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 when it comes out in a few days.

Lots on my plate!
Lol I never played the Blue Lions route. I had plans to but I got a bit bored of the game before getting around to it. Having to go through the same first half of the story every time is pretty tedious, especially when you end up recruiting most of the students each time anyway.

I'm doing the blue route in Three Hopes next though so at least I'll get some version of their story.

I want to try a Warriors game sometime but feel like I should get through the other 2 routes in Three Houses first + the DLC (which I haven't bought yet). Oof. Only ever did the Golden Deer route and did start Blue Lions... but didn't finish. ;_;

Currently about to log into Lost Ark and see if I actually want to push myself to play properly again haha.

I want to try a Warriors game sometime but feel like I should get through the other 2 routes in Three Houses first + the DLC (which I haven't bought yet). Oof. Only ever did the Golden Deer route and did start Blue Lions... but didn't finish. ;_;

Currently about to log into Lost Ark and see if I actually want to push myself to play properly again haha.
There's always the first FE Warriors game and the two Zelda ones you could try. Though honestly this new one is the best (I assume it's better than the first FEW anyway, though I probably shouldn't say that without playing it)

Lol I never played the Blue Lions route. I had plans to but I got a bit bored of the game before getting around to it. Having to go through the same first half of the story every time is pretty tedious, especially when you end up recruiting most of the students each time anyway.

I'm doing the blue route in Three Hopes next though so at least I'll get some version of their story.
I agree with the first part! It's fun for me since it's been so long since I played the beginning of the game, but I can see how it could be quite tedious if you wanted to get through all the different stories as quick as possible.

New Game + helps some with this by streamlining Professor levels but it's not a complete fix.

Bouncing between two games.

First, Pokemon Legend: Arceus. New playthough. Read my blog for more details (although it needs updating with today's events).

Secondly, MegaMan Battle Network 4 Red Sun on the Wii U VC. After many, many, many frustrating attempts to beat Duo, shuffling my chip folder around constantly and trying out new ideas I FINALLY beat the damn alien robot. I had to exhaust my entire chip folder to do it but I succeeded. Which means now it's time for... New Game+ mode. Time to suffer some more. Did all the beginning events up to where ShadeMan goes after Roll before stopping for the day, as I wore myself out trying to deal with Duo (though fighting MegaMan DS was no picnic either). And he's only going to get worse in this next run. At least I completed two more PAs: SuperSpread1 and Pile Driver. MegaMan has 1070 HP and has Guts, Roll, and Thunder Soul.

Devil May Cry V: Completed up to Mission 18 I'm in the home-stretch, baby. As expected I am getting noticeably better at playing as Dante, with a generally better understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of various weapons and styles, and having a better idea of when to swap between them. I feel like I might have preferred a method to switch between any one of the weapons in the same way as you do with styles though, rather than having to cycle through each one in order to get to the one you're trying to use. Maybe if holding the switch buttons instead brought up a little quick-select wheel of your four slots and then you picked them with your D-pad? I dunno it's just kinda bothersome to have to go through Balrog and King Cerberus if I'm using the sword and wanna switch to Cavaliere.

Klonoa 2, Lunatea's Veil: Started and finished. These games truly are delightful. I feel like I enjoy Phantomile more as a story, purely for my personal interpretation of some of the theming that I'm not even sure was the intent, but I feel like Phantomile wins out in pretty much all other aspects.

Went back to Digimon to play through Hacker's Memory. Really enjoying it so far, loving all the references to the main Cyber Sleuth plot while also seeing more of the normal hacker side of things. Also really like the hacker group I'm in.

Love some of the Digimon I have on my team right now, not looking forward to evolving them lol.

I feel like I enjoy Phantomile more as a story, purely for my personal interpretation of some of the theming that I'm not even sure was the intent
Please could you elaborate? Either here or in PMs.

I'm conflicted about which main console Klonoa game I prefer. Lunatea's Veil has a more complex plot, but Door to Phantomile's surreal chibi aesthetic feels more unique.

Still jumping back and forth between two games.

First, Pokemon Legends: Arceus. Updated the blog with the most recent events. Check it out if you haven't already.

Meanwhile, still working on New Game+ mode for MegaMan Battle Network Red Sun for the Wii U VC. I rescued Roll from ShadeMan, showed Higsby the Dark Chip, and have been repeatedly grinding for Guard1 A chips in Lan's Doghouse Security system. Turns out only the viruses on the actual Net have become stronger, not the ones in isolated computers like the microwave or doghouse. I forgot about that, as I thought ALL the viruses got stronger in New Game+ mode. But anyway, the reason for grinding for Guard1 A chips is so I can use them as Chip Trader fodder, since due to the New Game+ mode I now have access to the Chip Trader Special in Electown, which contains all the chips in the game (sans version exclusives and Dark Chips, obviously). I've been using it to fish for some rare chips. I just wish it didn't require 10 freaking chips to use the Chip Trader Special... I feel 5 would've been fair enough, especially since you can still end up with stuff like Minibomb or Cannon. But that's how it goes, sadly, so I just have to grind, grind, grind for enough fodder to use in hopes of getting some nice chips. MegaMan has 1040 HP (I rearranged some of the Navi Customizer Parts equipped, taking out a +50 HP in exchange for a +1 Attack) and has Guts, Roll, and Thunder Soul.

Back
Top Bottom