• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Took a break from Digimon Survive and picked up MegaMan Battle Network 1 again. I completed ElecMan's stage, requiring one incident to recharge the PET's battery. I don't mind the puzzle compared to others, as I've worked out a little strategy on how to complete it. It's just one of the few puzzles in Battle Network with a timer, so that does hamper things. I deleted ElecMan (who is one of my favorite Navis) and gave Chaud and ProtoMan a good old-fashioned Hikari brothers whupping, stuffing some humble pie down their throats (though it'll take until the next game before they actually start mellowing out a bit). Afterward I tracked down the former WWW agents that Higsby told me about and faced BombMan, where he certainly lived up to his name and went out with a bang. After some exploring, collecting new chip data, fighting against Navi "ghosts", and beating up Miyu and Masa (yes, I actually beat SharkMan at his strongest level multiple times, even getting a couple of "S" Ranks, though it took a LOT of effort and a while to get his V3 chip), it was finally time to tackle WWW. Rescued Higsby and the others and began the "final exam" stages, getting a few more chips that I didn't have yet. I've only competed the "oven" and "school" final exam levels, as I'm hunting for certain viruses to get certain chip data. Oh, also, I finally streamlined my folder, now sporting a solid S-Code folder (sans one Escape chip, which is a F-Code, but that's just for a bit of insurance), which includes two SkullMan3, SharkMan2 and 3, and StoneMan3 for Navi Chips (thought the StoneMan chip is rather unreliable, as you really need to use an AreaGrab/Steal to minimize how many misses you'll get). MegaMan has 860, his Attack/Speed/Charge are 5/3/5, and he's equipped with the Heat Armor (as I'm hunting a Fire-type virus right now).

Just finished the story of Xenoblade 3. Boy was that an emotional ride. I have so many feelings.

That after-credits scene better mean Noah and Mio (and eventually the other two pairs) are reunited because I was genuinely upset about that. I cared about those three pairings way more than Shulk x Fiora or Rex x Pyra/Mythra. Really, I love the whole cast more. XB1 and XB2 had lovable casts where I didn't dislike a single party member, but this time there wasn't a single party member who I didn't love the hell out of. I want happiness for all six of them.

Melia and Nia together act exactly how I would have expected them to and I love that. The little references to their stories in the climax was great. So many lines that you won't realize the impact of if you never played through their stories. Really the game had quite a few areas that I recognized and themes I recognized.

From my understanding the worlds separate and then merge back together properly. I hope that's the case. The world of Xenoblade 3 was so cool and pretty with elements from both worlds, and I really hope the world stays that way. That and wanting the characters from the two worlds to be together again.

Also...that Rex picture. Him having kids with both Pyra and Mythra isn't that big of a shock. He said once that he saw them as the same person and they didn't really seem to fight over him at all. But it's strongly implied that he also had a kid with Nia (unless she got a new guy who just isn't in the pic, but that's definitely not what's implied). Which is...wow. I guess there are people who are fine with big open relationships like that, so good for them I guess.

It does make me feel really sad for Nia though. Not only did she outlive her lover and friends, she also outlived her kid who doesn't seem to be noted anywhere yet (still more to do with them in the postgame I hear). And it seems Dromarch is gone too. Hard to imagine Nia without him, but she does have a figure of his head on the door of her chambers. That was a nice little reference and sign that she still thinks about him. Love that Poppy's still with her though.

Melia apparently held on to Shulk's Monado from Future Connected (and made some FC references in the climax), which was cute.

Overall I know I've said it a few times but I've absolutely loved this game. I do think that while it's not required to play the first two games beforehand it is highly recommended. There's just so much that you won't get the full impact of without knowing the full story of both worlds.

Probably gonna stick with it for a while longer because I know I tend to rush through stories to avoid being spoiled and I know there's still a lot more to do. That and I don't really wanna put the game down yet.

I've made some progress into Digimon Survive (actually I did a bit of the prologue earlier just to make sure it was working...), an interesting mix of a visual novel and an SRPG. The SRPG elements are so far quite easy and from what I've read remains so, but so far the game does what I read was the goal of feeling like playing a season of a Digimon show. It rather reminds me of the first season of the anime where the protagonists are off in a dangerous world on their own (while the ones in 02 were able to return home when they wanted to).

though I understand the story gets rather dark later on, but so far I've just reached part 2, but I've recruited a decent number of new allies (I'm hoping to get all the season 1 companions if possible--already got Biyomon), including copies of a few to evolve into different later forms.

Agumon evolved into Tyrannomon.

Beat MegaMan Battle Network 1 and moved onto MegaMan Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar. I got a lot done in BN6.

First I completed Captain Blackbeard's trial and gained SlashMan as my newest Link Navi. I put SlashMan to work by taking down a couple of obstacles that he can destroy to net some goodies. I also ventured into Undernet Zero via the hole behind the large cyber tree in Green Area 2 with both MegaMan and SlashMan (the latter to get past another obstacle for another goodie). As a result of spending some time in there I managed to net some really strong chips for this stage in the game such as IronShell3, MachGun2, ElecPulse2, and others, though I made sure to steer clear of the "tombstone" where Bass resides, since just entering the area near it triggers the battle. I then started doing the hunt for the "rare" viruses by getting the Battle Card item. I've managed to obtain Mettaur, Gunner, Champy, Armadill, and Piranha, which also netted me a Reflector3 in the asterisk code, which has proven very useful.

I've also streamlined my folder some more, having gotten a ton of good chips from the viruses, Chip Trader, and others, now having a LifeSword PA in the asterisk code, several other asterisk coded chips, and a handful of S-Coded chips. I'm willing to keep weak chips in my folder like Vulcan1 due to the asterisk code (and because Beast Out can give them more bite). After that I completed the JudgeTree scenario, defeated JudgeMan, and now moving into the Mr. Weather scenario. I also completed several PAs by manipulating the Regular Chip/Tag Chip mechanic to make getting the needed chips easier: GigaCannon2, FlameHook1, FlameHook2, Parallel Shell, and GreatYoyo. MegaMan has 700 HP and possesses Heat and Slash Cross.

Finished Let’s Go! Eevee and am training my LeafGreen team to some where in between Lv. 65-70 for Mewtwo and Pokémon League rematch. Also am saving gems in PMEX and am trying again to get more Rewards for Battle Villa in same games.

Outside of Pokémon, am going back into doing Ring Fit Adventure and those Leg Kicks are hard. I also sold stuff to get more rings to buy clothes. I got Pyuo Pyuo Tetris 2 and am in the S.S. Tetra arc of the game. I’m on my last world in Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure though I probably should level up a bit and buy more Skylanders to fight because I don’t have that many compatible ones that work in Spyro’s Adventure. I also am planning to get spare picture stickers for posters hopefully and find my Boomer, Voodood, and Prism Break name stickers for the S.A. poster. I’m also playing the Stop!, Plants Vs. Zombies 2, and the merging and matching games.

Dug out an old game that I hadn't played in a long time: Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom for the GameCube (albeit I'm playing it on a Wii). It's an interesting take on the RPG/monster collecting genre and it can be a lot of fun trying to strategize your marshals. I'm only at the third mission on Yugi's side of the story, as each mission can take a while despite being on a time limit. I just recruited Tristan to the ranks and we're about to launch a surprise attack on the Empire at a fort. I've since recruited Silver Fang, Blackland Fire Dragon, Man-Eater Bug, Mystic Horseman, and Hane-Hane to the ranks in terms of wild monsters (not counting the monsters pre-equipped to the marshals like Celtic Guardian). I've also been abusing the hell out of the Konami Code to get more money (as every time you input it successfully you get I think roughly 1,000 gold, though I forget the actual number, which can be a huge help, especially early-game). I've outfitted most of my marshals' monsters with equip items (such as Legendary Swords, Beast Fangs, and various Medicines) thanks to said Konami Code allowing me to buy a ton of stuff in the second mission (where shopping and items first become available). Yugi and Shimon have been doing most of the heavy lifting right now, while Fizdis has been backup, plus, like I said before, we have Tristen now.

Been playing nothing but Xenoblade Chronicles 3 since its release day. Almost at 80 hours and I'm at the cusp of unlocking the final dungeon. Just had to do several hours worth of Hero Quests and regular sidequests first. And even then I haven't done all the side content I want to do. It's my personal GOTY by far lol, Eunie best girl.
Could do with more post-battle lines and an option to turn enemy aggression off though. Yes Eunie I'm well aware that Lanz wants something meatier @_@

I too, am also doing Xenoblade 3. Approaching 91 hours of playtime but I do not believe I have reach true endgame yet since I'm still at Chapter 6. I've most recently completed Mio's Side Story and a new Hero Quest leaving me with one hero left. Spent the rest of my session doing some Class Grinding due to still missing some Classes on some characters, after I get the last one I have left (as well as level up some classes) I'll move on to the next story point. Though I have two more Hero Quests I can do at the moment, I'll probably save them for a later point since I've been behind on the story. I have one more Hero left, I just don't know when they unlock.

Did a bit more in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom. Only did the third mission in Yugi's campaign, where we lure the enemy into a trap and almost literally blow them up, leaving their monsters at less than 100 HP (or Life Points in this game) for easy pickings. There was one enemy reinforcement battle shortly afterward that was at full Life Points but it was dealt with. I took this opportunity to fortify the fort once we took it back and gave Yugi and Tristan some enemies to grind on, as every 5-6 in-game hours (I forgot which) the enemies will respawn and attack again, albeit at roughly half Life Points. This gave Yugi and Tristan some easy prey to get a few levels on while Shimon and Fizdis took care of the boss of the mission. Also, Yugi recruited a Winged Dragon Guardian of the Fortress #1 in the early part of the mission, since I had nearly forgotten that some monsters can only be recruited by certain characters (ie: only Joey can recruit Baby Dragon, one of the Harpie Ladies can only be recruited by Mai, etc). Fortunately I have an old strategy guide for the game that reminded me of that little gimmick so it was fine. Now it's onto the next mission where we attempt to fully claim Vaxi Island from the Empire, and the return of Bakura to our team (sorta, as he doesn't officially join until the next mission, but he does help us in this mission).

Playing what I usually play but last game was LeafGreen.

Still playing Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom. I completed the next three missions, netting me Bakura and Mako as new Marshals (along with their monsters), while netting several new wild Mons: Summoned Skull, The Illusionary Gentleman, Neck Hunter, Beast of Gilfer (Archfiend of Gilfer in modern times), Enchanting Mermaid, Octoberser, and best of all, Dark Magician, most of which were during the Beastly Badlands mission. This allowed me to swap out several of my Marshal's weaker Mons in favor of more powerful ones, such as Penguin Soldier and Swordsman From a Foreign Land (though I won't deny they did serve me well up to this point). It also allowed me to reassign some Mons to different Marshals, such as giving Tristan Beaver Warrior (who previously belonged to Yugi).

Also, during the Beastly Badlands mission I managed to net some very useful items, such as Deal with a Phantom (which gives the equipped Mon an extra Ability Point, which is good for strong monsters who are just starting out like Summoned Skull) and Polymerization (which I can't use right now but I can later on, so I have it ready when I get to that point). We're about to attack the Empire's capital. While I don't remember my marshals' levels I do remember their teams this time: Yugi has Dark Magician/Celtic Guardian/Silver Fang, Shimon has Horned Imp/Feral Imp/Blackland Fire Dragon, Tristan has Beaver Warrior/Enchanting Mermaid/Gazelle the King of Mystical Beasts, Fizdis has Mystic Horseman/Zombie Warrior/Beast of Gilfer, Bakura has Anasatu/Neck Hunter/Summoned Skull, and Mako has Octoberser/The Illusionary Gentleman/Fiend Kraken.

You know, the more I think about it the more I realize that this game is something of a tactical RPG (albeit more on the RPG side when compared to something like Digimon Survive). As you need to assign marshals Mons that best correspond with them, need to give them items ahead of time, use placement on the battlefield so you can attack each enemy base/castle, attacking in waves if needed, fortify your bases properly, and make sure you send the right marshals to the enemy base they can best fight (ie: send a ground-based team against a castle with anti-air cannons). Guess I never really thought of that before.

I’m still doing LeafGreen and am going to Lavitar evolve my Lavitar into Tyranitar and I just got a Pichu egg.

Finally got to try out Splatoon 2 online, and it’s pretty damn good, even when I am not at max capacity due to insomnia. Will continue with the story mode tomorrow, I will hopefully be more fit to.

Picked up an old classic of mine: Breath of Fire 3. See my blog for further details, since I'll be doing a travelog for it like when I was doing Legeds: Arceus before "new toy syndrome" came into play with Digimon Survive.

Digimon Survive: Finished all three initial endings, and blasting through one last Harmonious run to get all 3 Agumon lines available for use, as well as BoltBoutamon as an option for Dracmon, since I initially cleared the ending on a different save file without realising that you could stack clears and evolution options across multiple runs. Once I'm done with that I should have at least encountered every single Digimon outside of Ryo and Shuuji's higher forms, plus five very blatant silhouettes that're clearly going to be part of the scenario for the Truthful Route.
The Wrathful route was probably my favourite of the bunch. It emotionally destroys you to watch Aoi and Labramon just lay there dying from regular wounds, rather than the relatively quick deaths everyone else got, all while she desperately tries to grapple with what's happening as her mental state rapidly deteriorates ever since Saki's death. But then once she gets a second chance as Plutomon she's just so degraded that even her noble goals are so thoroughly twisted that she has to be put down so she doesn't destroy both worlds. It's certainly the darkest of the three initial endings, but the emotional gut-punch is so powerful that I can't help but love it.

Tried beating Octo Samurai in Splatoon 2, but that guy’s hard and I don’t have the tenacity to try again at the moment. I suppose I need to get more used to using the roller.

Last edited:
Forgive the double post but got some more done in Breath of Fire 3. Check my blog for details. We gain Momo and Peco as party members, gained new Masters, and Ryu gained another Brood power.

Digimon Survive: Started up the final run. With 51 affinity at the moment of truth, Ryo was able to come to his senses with the help of his partner, and has survived his formerly deadly encounter. We're officially on the Path to the Truth, baby.

Digimon Survive, just reached chapter 8. It's an interesting game, though with flaws. Still I think it does a good job at it's goal of "playing an anime season" as I read it described. It could be interesting to see if they build off the design base in the future and it's rather reignited by interest in the franchise.

It does have the weird issue that the writing acts like your non-story party members don't exist at all, and the fact I have a several-dozen strong private army makes some of what happens and is said by the characters feel silly--this is a flaw I find a lot of other story heavy SRPGs don't have which makes me wonder if that's part of the development issues I read the game had, but I thought it was always slated as an SRPG so I'm unsure.
Possibly it's just "well, a Digimon game needs to let you collect Digimon" so the free recruit was added but didn't fit well with the intended story? I think playing through with only story characters would make an interesting challenge run, something I've already read some people do.

Back
Top Bottom