• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Sorry but I massively disagree regarding thieves in time, just because it has a similar plot twist and an unresolved cliffhanger doesn’t make the story bad otherwise a lot of megaman games would be poorer recieved then they are (X8, legends 2, ZX advent)

Also I really think the game gets a bad rep when 2 has horrible pacing issues that thieves in time just doesn’t have
I do admit that the game has a good story in spite of the cliffhanger, and had Sly escaped the blimp at the end, it would've been just as beloved as the original trilogy. All four games have their own ups and downs, with some more noticeable than others (pacing issues, difficult missions, inconstant characterization or in Penelope's case character derailment). But a cliffhanger is often a letdown if no sequels or DLC are released even after 10 years, and many fans hate Thieves in Time for the ending even if they otherwise loved the story and gameplay.

But it is up to CynthiaLover to decide on whether to play the other games or not.

Horizon Zero Dawn: The metaphorical sword and shield with which I shall complete the story have been acquired. HADES' master override kill-switch mounted on Sylens' lance, as well as the sealed-off ancient armour salvaged and transformed into Aloy's Shield Weaver armour. All known sidequests and optional collectibles have been cleaned out, with the final two story trophies being the only one left. Time to head to Meridian and fight off the assault of the Eclipse.

Kirby and The Forgotten Land, I finally got it! I'm toward the end of the third area of levels. It is certainly the most exciting Kirby game for me since Kirby 64. I hope they keep making Kirby games like this and maybe someday get toward the "open" level style of SM64, Sunshine and Odyssey. But this is great for what it is and I'm so excited to love a Kirby game for the first time in two decades.

Also still playing AC Valhalla. I'm getting pretty close to finishing the main game, I think.

Fire Emblem- Three Houses.

Joined the Golden Deer. Exploring the monastery.

Been playing Harvestella since I got it. Having a blast. The story's pretty good, the character stories are good. Farming is fun and getting to split your day up farming, doing quests, and visiting people is nice. I've enjoyed it. A few complaints here and there, but it's been a good time. The changes from the demo definitely make a difference. I don't know if I'd be praising it as much if the day still lasted like 12 seconds. As it is getting through dungeons with that limitation still sucks sometimes.

Also gotten used to the combat for the most part, but gosh this recent boss fight was a good reminder of why action RPGs aren't usually my thing. Was shaking at the end. Doesn't help that it was a two-parter with high story stakes, jeeez. Thank god they make avoiding attacks doable by making it very obvious where they're going to strike. Usually.

Pokémon HeartGold: I’m aiming to get Blue’s phone number and I do 15:00-16:00 but Daisy is asking me to join her for tea. She should be asking me to groom the Pokémon.

UPDATE: Nevermind, I got the number. I will get back to this another time.

Last edited:
Still on Harvestella, getting near the climax I think. The story has gotten pretty intense and a little confusing, but still having a good time. Only major complaint is that I'm having trouble with enemies now and because of the time mechanic every setback is annoying when exploring.

I was starting to suspect that Aria was actually from the past when we saw Lost Gaia. But her being from another planet and us not actually being on the original planet was surprising. It does kinda make the flag in Heine's story confusing though. I had thought the moon had crashed into the earth or something, but apparently we're not on Earth at all. Idk.

Still plenty of unanswered questions, including about the player, so we'll see. I've got another rough dungeon to get through first. Yay.

I'm considering playing it slowly and casually for another day or so and then putting it down until I'm done with SV. Not because I'm not loving it or anything, I am. It's just that I feel that I'm unconsciously rushing to get through the story before SV comes out, and it's making every minor issue more annoying than it should be. This is kinda what I was worried about from the beginning when I saw how close the release dates are, and SV's release date snuck up on me way faster than expected.

Not to mention, I heard there's almost no post game content and I don't really wanna be done with this game yet. I'd like to be able to come back to it and chill later. That and I wanna visit my other games too before I don't touch them for a month because of SV. On the other hand, I really wanna see how the story ends. So I dunno, thinking about it. I'll still play another day or so.

Sonic Frontiers: I have been playing a lot of Frontiers. By this point I'm most of the way through the game, with only a small-ish fraction of the final island left to go. Pretty good game! It does start pretty slow, but it absolutely picks up once you get going. The writing is phenomenal, and the gameplay is pretty fun.

Still in retro mode so I pulled out another childhood classic: Digimon World 2. It puts the "crawl" in "dungeon crawler", to put it simply. I kept the default name of the character (Akari), completed the "tutorial boss" Leomon and, for a change of pace, joined the Gold Hawks (Vaccine) instead of the Blue Falcons (Data) team. One reason is that I normally go with Blue Falcons because I like their leader more (and she's a wickedly tough opponent near the end of the game), plus I like falcons more than hawks. But I won't deny that having access to Vaccine Digimon early on is very helpful, as a number of bosses early on are Virus type. Plus you can't get wild Agumons. I upgraded the Digi-Beetle's Crab Battery to Level 3, giving me just enough EP to go through the first "main" dungeon. I added a Tapirmon and Biyomon to my ranks alongwith the "starter" Agumon and beat SCSI Domain's boss: Hagurumon (I hope I spelled that right). Now it's off to the Video and Disk Domains, along with having enough Bits (currency) to upgrade the battery one more level. Agumon is Level 5, Tapirmon is Level 5, and Biyomon is Level 3.

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure: Still need more Skylanders compatible in the game though.
HeartGold: Now got all Gym Leader numbers and am rematching them. After this, maybe a new Black adventure and am planning to get both Scarlet and Violet but will wait on that.

Still on Harvestella, getting near the climax I think. The story has gotten pretty intense and a little confusing, but still having a good time. Only major complaint is that I'm having trouble with enemies now and because of the time mechanic every setback is annoying when exploring.

I was starting to suspect that Aria was actually from the past when we saw Lost Gaia. But her being from another planet and us not actually being on the original planet was surprising. It does kinda make the flag in Heine's story confusing though. I had thought the moon had crashed into the earth or something, but apparently we're not on Earth at all. Idk.

Still plenty of unanswered questions, including about the player, so we'll see. I've got another rough dungeon to get through first. Yay.

I'm considering playing it slowly and casually for another day or so and then putting it down until I'm done with SV. Not because I'm not loving it or anything, I am. It's just that I feel that I'm unconsciously rushing to get through the story before SV comes out, and it's making every minor issue more annoying than it should be. This is kinda what I was worried about from the beginning when I saw how close the release dates are, and SV's release date snuck up on me way faster than expected.

Not to mention, I heard there's almost no post game content and I don't really wanna be done with this game yet. I'd like to be able to come back to it and chill later. That and I wanna visit my other games too before I don't touch them for a month because of SV. On the other hand, I really wanna see how the story ends. So I dunno, thinking about it. I'll still play another day or so.

Nevermind I just beat it lol. Final boss was wild and stressful af and there is no way I could ever do it again, but I did somehow.

Kinda cool that you get to play without Quietus now, but also lowkey sad because Quietus was very pretty. But I hear other than that there's not really much post-game content, so guess this is gonna be it. Which works since Pokemon, but I still didn't wanna be done yet. Guess I'll just chill with the farm till tomorrow night.

Also the revelation that the player is actually a sleeping Cain and not an Abel... I feel like the explanation there could have been a bit better, but whatever.

The ending message itself was both touching and one of those "you know, what the enemy is doing is wrong but they have a good point" moments. But the point that humanity does have its upsides and can improve is a good one too.

Also I've come to love the Omens. The way some of them went about things were wrong (both Geists) but a lot of them genuinely wanted humans to survive, not just because of their orders, but because they genuinely wished for it.

Also Dianthus. Love her so much.

So yeah, that's Harvestella beaten just in time. I had some complaints but overall I loved it. Hopefully it's still fun enough in the post-game to come back to it later.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Made a Frieza Race character to play through the game with, everybody meet Floe!
1669030823909.png
He has a few alts for if I wanna use some different skills, but they're mostly just variations on this outfit.
I've progressed through to Battle of Gods in the story mode, but you kinda level up crazy fast in this game? Like, if I was at launch I'd be at the level cap right now. I'm level 83. I'm fucking throttling every single story mission. Parallel quests are actually kinda balanced though? So I dunno maybe they just decided to make the story just hilariously easy for some reason?

A bit of World Flipper on my phone, then MapleStory dailies, then off to play more Scarlet.. I've got so many things to play atm..!!

Wait, they don't do like Zero Escape where you can skip all the dialogue in the next playthroughs except the ones that differ from the other routes?
FYI you can go into the menu and set dialogue skipping to only do previously read dialogue. The skipping will stop automatically if it comes across a scene or line you didn't get in one of your previous runs. For the battles you can also turn on the auto-battler, which is decently competent, especially in the early chapters when you're so far above anything the game is going to throw at you. Just tell it to go full-force and it'll auto-evolve everyone who can and just walk straight up to the enemy and grind 'em into the dirt. And then you can, like, go make a sandwich or something while you wait for the battle to play itself. Makes the repeat playthroughs a lot more bearable imo.

Thank you, guys. I think I didn't pay due attention to the game's options. When I have some time left, I'll look into it and try to finish the truthful route.

Last edited:
Tales of Vesperia (Switch).

I rather like the battle system. Currently exploring Port Capua Nor.

Horizon Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds: Is pretty good! It's largely just More Horizon, but Horizon's a good game so I'm happy to play a little DLC zone for it. The setting's pretty cool. The entire DLC is explicitly confirmed to take place in Post-Apocalyptic Yellowstone, with the geysers and hot springs and old dilapidated visitor's centres and stuff. Feel like the new machines might just be a tad overtuned, in terms of HP, but given the kinda stuff the player has access to they're also not dealing much damage, so I guess they wanted to at least do something to give them a good showing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom