• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Gave Breath of the Wild a chance and I'm enjoying it! I'm not a fan of breakable weapons but otherwise it's been fun just exploring the place. Why it took me until now to play it I'll never know - I've already freed Ruta and Medoh, not sure which Divine Beast I should free next. Regardless I'm currently shrine hunting to build up my hearts for the Master Sword.

Horizon Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds: Wrapped up the DLC storyline, as well as all the sidequests. Game is now completely finished. Only trophies I still have to get are "Do an NG+" and "NG+ on Ultra-Hard". But, honestly, given that this first (admittedly completionist) playthrough racked up almost 100 hours, I feel like that can wait for some other time.

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot - Trunks, The Warrior of Hope: Got all the way from the start to blasting Cell off the face of the timeline. Overall, a real good choice for the game's final DLC pack, with a lot of great narrative moments. Gohan's final battle in particular was an incredibly powerful mix of story and gameplay. There's also apparently a bonus bit of story after the traditional endpoint, rather excited to see where that goes.

Was in a Zoids mood so I pulled out Zoids Legacy for the GBA. The game's translation is laughably bad (right up there with Breath of Fire 2 and MegaMan Battle Network 4) but it's still a lot of fun. I started a new file. I kept the default name for the MC (Zeru) and I'm now up to the point where Zeru gains Pulse the Organoid, the Republic soldiers Albane, Zan, and Tita, and about to head to the ruins that Dr. T wants to check out. In a change of pace I ended up picking the Zaber Fang Old as Zeru's new Zoid instead of the Shield Liger like I usually do. This is because Zeru becomes more proficient with Tiger type Zoids as the game progresses over Ligers (unlike most Zoids protags, who are Liger users) despite the fact I like Shield Liger better. But considering Zeru gains the awesome Blitz Tiger late in the game, and the Zaber Fang Old does have more weapons, I went with the Zaber Fang this time. I'm also spending some time grinding for levels, money, and Zoid data/cores/parts for later, as some tournaments in later areas require different Zoids like Gojulas or Raynos. And unlike past playthroughs I tried to keep Zeru's level low so it'll be closer to Pulse's, as Pulse levels up as well, being the only Organoid to do so, so I want to maximize Pulse's level as much as possible.

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot - Trunks, The Warrior of Hope: Wrapped it all up. Turns out the bonus section was Babidi, which makes sense I suppose. In general it was a pretty good version of it. Real solid emotional climax and catharsis.

Resident Evil Village: Doing a second playthrough before starting Shadows of Rose. Honestly it's a lot smoother your second time through. Since you already basically know most of what you're doing, you're able to focus on actually accomplishing stuff instead of looping Castle Dimitrescu for a few hours as you try to find the thing you need to do. Currently almost done with Heisenberg's Factory, which is, much like the rest, considerably smoother on a second playthrough, but still easily the worst bit of the game.

Got a lot done in Zoids Legacy. Added Rottiger's group to the party, gaining their Zoids. Then assisted Van, Fiona, and Zeke during the Chaotic Century era to stop Prozen. I was able to upgrade my Zaber Fang Old all the way to a Zaber Fang AT, effectively its "final" form, along with giving Claudia a Red Horn over her Flyscissors. Also was forced to finally use Pulse for the first time during the battle with Prozen's forces. After dealing with Stinger and returning to the fused world went into the ruins and met Alister and his Liger Zero. Explored the ruins, gaining some new Zoid data/parts/cores, before reuniting Alister with his crew. Changed some Zoids around, with Zan now piloting a Command Wolf AU, Tita a Gunsniper (and trying, and failing, to get the data for Gunsniper WW to upgrade it despite gaining the WW Unit), Reiner now in a Lightning Saix, Claudia to a Red Horn BG, and Albane piloting a Buster Eagle. Participated in the first Sandstorm Tournament and won. Now I'm grinding for money, parts, and data, and failing miserably at the latter (ie: trying to get a Shield Liger DCS data but keep ending up with either Shield Liger or Command Wolf data because those Zoids are often partnered up with said Shield Liger DCS, among other failed data acquisitions). Stopping for the night, especially since a snowstorm is on its way so I want to charge up my DS Lite just in case the power goes out or something.

Resident Evil Village: Finished up that Hardcore run. Heisenberg's Factory was actually less trouble than I remembered, largely due to how willing I was to just briefly inconvenience the soldats and run past while they were reeling. They're no fun to fight and honestly I feel like this is the best way to handle the factory. Still a lengthy segment, but drags considerably less if you're willing to run instead of fight some stuff. Given how much time I was able to save on a second run even on a higher difficulty jut by actually knowing what I was doing, I then tried a speedrun. Cranked the difficulty down to Casual, turned on infinite magnum ammo for NG+ and just ran. Final time for the entire game was just four seconds above 2 hours. Not too shabby, and I'd be interested in trying again to see how I go without the one-shot gun on infinite ammo, or maybe even a fresh save file entirely.

Resident Evil Village - Shadows of Rose: Wrapped up the whole thing in one session since it's a pretty short DLC campaign. It was good. A solid story of Rose grappling with her powers and the isolation that came with them, as well as a touching reunion with Ethan in the brief moments they had. I liked it!

Superhot: Superhot is the most innovative shooter I've played in years.
For real though it's a fun little game. I'm not sure if it was harder or easier than I expected based on the concept though. Still gotta try endless mode and the challenges, but I can get to those tomorrow.

Super Hot: Killed 1987 Red Dudes in Endless for the achievement, as well as clearing getting all the little bonus modes for all the maps. Currently working on finding all of the secret terminals in the story maps, which is actually extremely fun. Once you've watched a guide get the first, like, one or two so that you actually know what the game expects you to do to find them, it's actually really fun to look and identify the spots where you can jump up some boxes or something to climb out of bounds and poke around for the terminal hidden somewhere out there.

Slime Rancher: Wrapped up the adventure mode story, but there's still some stuff I wanna do with restoring more of the desert and filling up the ranch with some more stuff, as well as some achievements like slime science stuff and getting 3 plorts from a single gold slime (and I've got a gilded ginger on me now so hopefully that one should just happen next time I run into one).

Pokemon Violet: Currently beaten 2 gyms and 2 titans. I chose Quaxly, which honestly kinda surprised me. I'd fully expected that I'd go for Sprigatito, but when it came time to choose, the duck just spoke to my soul. Which now makes Water my most selected starter type with 4 choices, after Fire's 3 and Water's 2.
The game so far is... Fine. The open world isn't really doing much for me at the moment, and honestly feels like it's being more restrictive on me given how the levels are set in such a weird pattern. The writing is pretty good though. Nemona is very fun, and I have grown incredibly attached to Arven.

Super Hot: Found all the secret terminals, and also cleared maybe about half of the challenge modes. It's a good game but my god the challenge modes know how to wear all of the fun out of it. So honestly I think I'm done here.

Slime Rancher: The ranch is officially full of slime, and I've achieved almost all of the achievements the playstation cares about. The only thing I really have left to do is acing Rush Mode. Which could certainly be... Interesting to achieve. But I guess we'll just have to see how I go.

Pokemon Scarlet: Current progression total is 4 gyms, 2 Team Star bases, and 3 titans. Also every member of the team has reached their final evolution, bar the duck, which should hit final after the next level-up.

Been starting Pokémon Violet on my replacement Switch. I chose Spritigato, defeated the Stone Titan, Mela, and am on trying to defeat Iono. I’m doing my Gyms in the order Bulbapedia lists them.

Done with Pokemon Violet, so I've moved on to Kirby and the Forgotten Land.I've just cleared the 3rd area and unlocked the arena.

3D Kirby was initially kind of uncanny, but I've since gotten used to it. The new Kirby forms are nice. I especially love Carby: the opening cutscene was adorable, and the car itself controls very smoothly.

Out of all I've seen thus far, I'm mildly disappointed that there doesn't seem to be many copy abilities in the game. Like, they get upgrades, but the ones I have so far seem to just be slightly stronger forms of the initial weapon without much gameplay changes. Out of the like ~12 abilities I have seen, 2 include Crash and Sleep, which are kind of dull? If there are limited abilities, I don't think I would have wasted slots on those two. Mayne the upgrades will get cooler soon, so I'll wait and see...

Am expanding my Pokédex in Scarlet and as well as in HeartGold. Will level up to do final preparations before Pokémon League rematch and Red battle.

Slime Rancher: Yeah, I'm done. Rush Mode is horribly stressful and I didn't do even remotely well. No interest in banging my head against that block for so long. And since I'm pretty much done with adventure mode so I'm just moving on.

Pokemon Violet: Same completion status as last update, but Dewford has finally evolved into Quaquaval!

Biomutant: Only just started, but it's not too bad so far. Nothing really revolutionary so far, just kinda basic, but hey, I got it for free.

Back
Top Bottom