• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Chrono Trigger (DS): I picked up this game for a bit again recently. I'm about 18 hours into my playthrough and heading to the Ocean Temple thingy. I don't know how much of the game is left tbh.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's been a while since I played it, you're heading for the first possible end, but, in practice, only feasible in a New+ gameplay. That said, I think you're only halfway through the game.

Played a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom today since my plans were changed. Completed several campaigns and managed to get a bunch of new monsters and characters, many of which I've since given new monsters (ie: Yugi gets Dark Magician/Dark Magician Girl, Tristan gets Archfiend of Gilfer, Fizdis gets Summoned Skull, Mako's entire team is swapped out, etc). I'm at the part where Scott uses the mind-controlled Tea to use a forbidden spell in an attempt to lure out Yugi (the campaign in question is called "Spellcaster"), which takes place in the Beastly Badlands. It's a race against the clock to save Tea before she destroys the world with a non-standard Game Over.

Played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe today and played all the new tracks. I should probably play it when I’m more awake.

I also played some Pokémon go today. I finished the 2023 color festival mission by evolving the Burmy. I was also able to get the Pokédex entry for Xatu in today.

RE2make: Finished up Claire (2nd) and watched the final ending. Also played through 4th Survivor since it unlocked afterwards and it's... God it's stressful. I did it, but Hunk was in critical health with literally no items left by the end. The mere concept of The Tofu Survivor terrifies me.

In preparation for the MegaMan Battle Network Legacy Collection I restarted my playthrough of Battle Network 1. I'm up to the Waterworks/IceMan scenario. I've spent a lot of time grinding for chips and Zenny so I can buy out the various merchants on the net. As a result I've managed to venture deep into the Undernet for stronger chips like Gaia2 and Hurricane, which I've outfitted my folder to now be a dual code one (K and G, to be exact). This means my folder is stronger than it should be at this level in the game. I've also beaten GutsMan's final upgrade multiple times, gaining several of his V3 chips (and some V1 and V2 chips, too), which allowed me to more easily complete the GutsShoot PA, which has now become my main source of heavy damage. Speaking of PAs, I've completed: ZetaCannon1, BetaSword, GutsShoot, and PowerCannon, with the latter also being included in my main folder due to it using the K code. I've been using GutsMan as a punching bag (what else is new?) to grind for Zenny, as he's an easy fight that gives decent Zenny (500-2000, depending on your Busting Level) so I can get the Aqua Armor before I head to the Waterworks to better equip MegaMan for the upcoming fights. MegaMan currently has 500 HP, equipped with the Wood Armor, and his Attack/Speed/Charge are 4/1/2.

My typical "daily routine" typically involves 1-2 hours of collectathon Gems of War, a bit of Pokemon Unite (for the events, mostly), and then room for one more serious game. Like Pokemon Scarlet.

Some of my travel notes:
  • Team Sprigatito (by now it is fully evolved, Meowscarada is ... strange but still cool, not unlike how Delphox redeemed Braixen's design. Except Meowscarada has personality in its stance/animations that Delphox did not)
  • Defeated five Gym Leaders (most recent: Larry) and found myself unprepared for the Nemona battle (fortunately, my Grevard just evolved and saved the battle with a down-to-the-wire Last Respects)
  • Raided two Team Star bases (Dark and Fire)
  • Defeated four Titans (everything except False Dragon)
  • Shiny encounter: one Goomy up near the lake
  • Have acquired a lot of Eevees (including three females)
  • Have acquired one Zorua (the fact they disguise themselves as other Pokemon is both annoying and actually pretty cool, something I've been wanting to see for a while)

Kingdom Hearts 2: Doing a Critical Mode run because I felt like it. I've just cleared Olympus Colosseum. Things're going pretty well! Small hiccup on Axel 1 and Dark Thorn because those two are a little nuts, but aside from that a very smooth run so far.

Skyrim. Again. May do the nier remake or elex if i so please

Finishing the road home in scarlet. After that Gen IX gets temporarily retired until Q3-4 of this year.

Possibly time to finish up GOWR. Also, elden ring dlc is immenent if the patch cycle is to be belived.

I had the weirdest ranked match in Pokemon Unite today. I don't play Ranked much, but the event rolled Talonflame (my starter/main) so I decided what the heck...

At the start of the match, everybody -- everybody! -- goes to the top lane except me. I KO wild Pokemon, score goals (to get those Attack Weight / Aeos Cookie stacks) and ultimately break their first lower goal completely unaided and completely unopposed. After that I started rendezvousing with team members up top. We won that match by a country mile.

Meanwhile, last night in Pokemon Scarlet I did some Surprise Trades and the best surprise was when I sent off a Zorua ... and got a Hisuian Zorua in exchange. Oh, and a Quaxley too (now I just need a Fuecoco to complete the trio).

Also, minute of silence for the end of the Wii U / 3DS eShops yesterday (edit: wait, it's actually on the 28th? Still.)

Lacking better ideas, I decided to purchase (digitally) the rest of the Pokemon games available (that I don't already have physically). I now have a complete set of Gen 1, Gen 2, 6 and 7.

Last edited:
Started Triangle Strategy, I'm on chapter 12. The moral dilemmas in this game are actually kind of interesting; I'm finding it a bit hard to make some of these decisions, and each one actually feels like it would have serious consequences on the rest of the game.

II was told the game several endings based on the choices you make, and it seems all the ones I've made so far have yet to lock me out of the golden route.

So now I have a dilemma: do I continue as I was or just try and commit to that route using a guide?

tbh after it took me 5 tries to clear the Wolffort defense map without using any hawk statuettes, I kind of want to go for the golden route so I never have to do that ever again

6 hours of commitment on that stupid map

A few more Surprise Trades in Pokemon Scarlet have yielded the full starter trio. I then did some experiments with party composition until I acquired eggs for Quaxley and Fuecoco (integrating breeding as a side effect of the Picnic mode is ... an interesting design choice). Along the way I received one legendary Pokemon with a nickname of "pokegz.com", which upon some light research appears to have been artificially generated. Bye, thanks for the Pokedex entry I guess but let's just say no to the hax.

Meanwhile ... back in Pokemon Ultra Sun, I'd like my Riolu to evolve before I go back to the Rainbow Rocket base. So for now I'm catching up on various minor NPC events here and there ... such as the old man who wouldn't approve of his daughter's fiance so you battle with him (the joke on him being I chose not to lay a single hit on his Pokemon directly -- the level gap between us was just too wide -- so instead I confused his Gastly and debuffed its Defense until it KO'ed itself). It's at least nice to know that the Battle Buffet (and Kantonian Gym) is adjusted to Lv.55 for postgame grinding purposes.

Kingdom Hearts II: Wrapped up the first visits to all worlds, as well as the Battle of 1,000 Heartless (actually remembered to save to a different file before starting the Battle this time, too). So now it's off for the revisits!

Kingdom Hearts II: Aaaaaaaaaall the way up to The World That Never Was. Only Organisation member still up and kicking around is Xemnas. Been doing pretty well for most of the game, really. The easier Absent Silhouettes have gone down pretty ok, but pretty much anything requiring a little more finesse have been completely thwarted by the obnoxious Anti-Form system keeping me from actually implementing the real strategies I've been trying to use. So I decided to just wait for Final Form to pop so I can use it to crater the Anti-Chances before trying them again.

The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog: Extremely good game. They just dropped the Sonic cast into a murder mystery party, added juuuuust a little Sonic spice for flavour, and then just played the story entirely straight. It's just a really fun story, basically just an IDW miniseries in VN form, and I think that's pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom